Thread: Motu complaints

Default Motu complaints

for 6 years complaints have been made that turbine doesnt have an expansion and now they are comming out with one people now complain about it before it is even released I mean yes the fear of not knowing is great and yes there been bugs there will always be bugs in the game but really give turbine a break an expansion to a game a whole new universe it's hard to write codes for that so can we please just rest with the dooooooooooooo000000000000ooooooommmmm!!!!!! And make it somewhat about how excited someone is for once. And yes I realize some may not agree with what I have said intact most of you will not agree but from what I have read on forums before is this will be op or this will gimp us is this comming out with the expansion is this not yes we have no info beyond the very basics but there a reason for everything and yes I want to play beta and yes I want more info just like the rest of you but unfortunately we all have to wait.
    Last edited by DemonStorm333; 04-10-2012 at 05:30 AM.
    Demons run when a good man goes to war

Community Member

I also have a complaint - your complaint that "Really for 6 years u all complain turbine doesnt have an expansion " is so untrue. Really? Who complained about not having a paid expansion? Come on, the only party complaining about DDO not having an expansion for six years is Turbine itself

The harping on the six years thing is seriously a bit lame by now. Call it an update or expansion, paid or optional, as long as the content is there and not a blatant rip off or cash milking exercise, then all will be good. The concerns expressed so far are valid because considering that the expansion has been put on PREPURCHASE, meaning you hand over money NOW, then information is expected. Note again, we are not talking about PREORDER here, it is PREPURCHASE.

Seriously less than 90 days from launch and no beta in sight, limited information, etc. how can anyone not be worried?

LoL yes I do think that and you still have no point. There are no Doom threads there are discussions going on Not one I have read has said MoTU is in any way Doomed. And again Pleas use whole words u is not a word it is a letter. Please understand I am not trying to pick on you here But to make a Topic Complaining about what to you is Complaining.. Well Is kinda like the Pot Calling the Kettle black.. Sorry but again if Discussing and offering Concerns over some stuff is Doom then I must me totally Blind and Dumb..
    Sleeps

Quote Originally Posted by DemonStorm333 View Post
    Yes I admit I made some errors but no I'm not complaining and u tell me how posting dooooooooom all over the forums is expressing and not complaining I'm sure the dev's think the same but if you think I'm the only one complaining then don't post a reply

I disagree that everyone has been complaining for 6 years. I'm not saying that no one has complained, but certainly not everyone.

Oh and I have a complaint too. Punctuation. It's awesome. Please do us a favor and look this web page over: http://www.wikihow.com/Use-English-P...tion-Correctly. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by grodon9999 View Post
    This game has been such an absurd grind that I’d rather stick my junk in a beehive than make another toon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    An expansion . .. with a set of packs for each plane to come out every month or two . . . it'll be like crack to Whitney Houston.

Now this is just too Funny. Make a topic then when some one doesn't agree you tell them not to post. If you don't want any response the DON'T POST and I see others that disagree with your assessment.
    Sleeps

Yes I admit I made some errors but no I'm not complaining and u tell me how posting dooooooooom all over the forums is expressing and not complaining I'm sure the dev's think the same but if you think I'm the only one complaining then don't post a reply

for 6 years complaints have been made that turbine doesnt have an expansion and now they are comming out with one people now complain about it before it is even released I mean yes the fear of not knowing is great and yes there been bugs there will always be bugs in the game but really give turbine a break an expansion to a game a whole new universe it's hard to write codes for that so can we please just rest with the dooooooooooooo000000000000ooooooommmmm!!!!!! And make it somewhat about how excited someone is for once. And yes I realize some may not agree with what I have said intact most of you will not agree but from what I have read on forums before is this will be op or this will gimp us is this comming out with the expansion is this not yes we have no info beyond the very basics but there a reason for everything and yes I want to play beta and yes I want more info just like the rest of you but unfortunately we all have to wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepsalot View Post
    Now this is just too Funny. Make a topic then when some one doesn't agree you tell them not to post. If you don't want any response the DON'T POST and I see others that disagree with your assessment.
    Sleeps
    And as far as the don't post comment it is ment for the ones who are only going to complain that I made the thread post

And yes I updated the English and expanded on what I ment this post to be about sorry for the incovneniants (sp) for having to figure out what one word was suppose to be

You can please all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time.
    Kobold never forgive....kobold remember waterworks.

Quote Originally Posted by KookieKobold View Post
    i'll be putting a bug into our system.

LoL yes I know that is the Funny part you make a Topic Complaining about some one Complaining.. Then say don't post if they don't Agree with you. So really you are as bad as those you are Complaining about.LoL a Doom topic about what you think is Doom
    Sleeps

And as far as the don't post comment it is ment for the ones who are only going to complain that I made the thread post

Quote Originally Posted by qoolboxer View Post
    how can anyone not be worried?
    I'm not worried. Handed over the cash already and sat patiently waiting for the rest of the goods to be delivered (take that as becoming available).

The OP does have a valid point, as do most poeple who use the forums. 'Some' poeple are complaining already, that is the nature of people. Do i worry about that too? no. Am I excited about the expansion? Hell Yes.

From the information that is already available, This expansion promises to be huge. Weather it is successful or not, time will only tell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    Very soon.............ish.™

Durrty McGurty | Forellan Windblade | Lunarii Hellion

O M N I P R E S E N C E

Community Member

I find the OP valid only if it is transposed as "For six years people have been asking for Druids, and now that they are finally coming out people are complaining about the limited number of wildshape forms and wondering if they will be able to fully spellcast when wildshaped."

Just my impression tho

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    *Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

Quote Originally Posted by qoolboxer View Post
    Seriously less than 90 days from launch and no beta in sight, limited information, etc. how can anyone not be worried?
    There is a beta in sight already, it is a closed beta up on the Mournlands Private Preview Server. The information, like in most closed beta's, is still limited as it is most likely undergoing large changes at the moment. I think a round of closed beta invites by end of april to early may would still leave plenty of time to make adjustments based on player feedback.

I've found it weird that they're calling this an 'expansion' and the '1st' one when it's really just another module.

Wink The Difference is

Quote Originally Posted by Siro View Post
    I've found it weird that they're calling this an 'expansion' and the '1st' one when it's really just another module.
    The difference is, an expansion is paid for by all, even us VIPs.
    Mods are included with the Vip subscription.
    Since I began its the 1st time I have had to pay for content.
    Not all who wander are lost. I am not lost, I am just exploring.
    Smigit F25 (Leg Dread 5), Xappit w20 (tr), Tamix C20,Smigitjr Tmp R 22, Tamik 14 P (3rd life,) , Xsong bard 20, Smigit5 arti 21, Xappet 20 AA, Smigit6 D22 (fw2), Tamok Fvs 20 Smoxfeat monk 16 Taggem Wf Pally 14 others. Leader Circle of Destruction Argonnessen

The first paid expansion was supposed to be the "Forsaken Lands", way back in 2006, places like Gamespot are still willing to sell it to you. The "Forsaken Lands" lands was released as the "Demon Sands" module as a free update in Oct 2006. The change from a paid expansion to a free module actually upset a number of people, who were worried that the amount of money needed to support development would dry up too quickly.
    I won't get into my guesses on why Turbine really had little choice in the change but that's another topic.

So now six years later we get "Menace of the Underdark" and there is a lot of things announced so far that get me excited about it.
    That however doesn't mean I don't have some huge apprehensions about some of the announced changes or additions. As an example I also play “Lord of the Rings Online” and have had serious dislike of the auto-group feature and how it is implemented. I had a serious dislike of Mabar Festival auto-group function and how it was implemented. When Fernando announced “Auto-grouping” in DDO needless to say I am less then pleased about the prospect.

As a long time MMO player I chuckle at the bug rants that many members of the forums go on.
    (In my grandfatherly voice) Back in the Day Youngsters we had bugs; you think you got bugs now. In 2004 there was a revolt by players in another game that lead to changes throughout the industry, them were bugs. (end grandfatherly voice)
    All games have bugs, with 15 million lines of code it is impossible not to have bugs and Turbine does a better job than several of their competitors in addressing issues. My only complaint is I wish the same bugs stopped reappearing.

There are some major changes coming to the game and I do wish as a group we had more information, the new enhancement system has the potential to be game altering for a number of players, I have too many characters that are some what gimped now that are in the wait and see mode.

I am also waiting to hear more on some of the UI changes and changes to crafting (Green steel deconstruction) and so on and so forth.

The Twilight Avengers are always recruiting - http://twilightavengersofeberron.yuku.com/topic/655

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Siro View Post
    This has the first major engine changes in the history of the game. Seems like a significant difference to me.

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    *Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

Due to fighting and other prohibited behaviors, this thread is now closed.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!