Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ainmosni View Post
    zerging fast and harrrrrd
    each quest complete, at 1k/min
    on my uber baaaard

isn't 1k/min painfully slow in the current game?
    bred of an Ice Flenser and a Djinni Ravensguard
    "You people are insatiable." - Tarrant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodasch View Post
    I do, it's true. I have a stick figure drawing with the word "Coldest" drawn above it and an arrow pointing from the name down to the drawing...

Quote Originally Posted by Coldest View Post
    Yeah, but you know how he had to take artistic license for such a musical masterpiece.
    Rockan Robin . Rocka Red Emma . Roq Star . RockCandy Mountain . Rockna Delaflote | Build Index
    Co-Leader, Ghallanda ReRolled
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarrant View Post
    it might make more sense for the player to re-roll.

Quote Originally Posted by varusso View Post
    And the flip side of this:
    The "rude elitist" guys you describe -- we make it pretty clear in LFMs that this is the type of group we are running at the time. We expect people to actually READ the LFM and abide by it. When we say things like know it, byoh, dont die, zerg, split up, solo a tower, etc. its because thats what we EXPECT out of anyone who wants to join. This is the way we are running that quest, and if you cant/wont keep up and contribute at the same level of competence, then we dont want yo uin there, slowing it down, costing us XP, etc on a quest that we know CAN be done in this manner. If you are unable to meet those requirements, thats fine; pass the LFM and form your own. None of us are going to get upset. We would rather you take all the like-minded folks who want to do the quest your way out of our pool as well. The ones we WANT will pick our LFMs over yours for the same reasons we put one up. The ones who want to do it your way will pick yours. Everyone is happy.

And it is RUDE to join a group like this if you cant hold up your end. We put those things in the LFM as a courtesy to warn you away from a group that will be an unpleasant experience for both of us. We stay away from your casual, slow, dungeon crawl runs as a simple common courtesy -- show us the same courtesy. We respect your right to run that way (so long as it isnt in our power-group); all we ask is the same thing in return. There is nothing at all rude about it.

Now -- the knothead that DOESNT specify all this stuff in his LFM and then starts running his mouth at you? He IS a jerk. Just squelch him and move on. But the guy who DID take the effort to tell you whats what and you chose to ignore it? You got what you asked for, and YOU will probably be added to the squelch list to avoid future drama.

Just to be clear: I am not picking on you (not intentionally anyway). Your post just happens to be one of several that needs this point countered.
    dude i agree with you lol, i was just giving a different perspective. not all elitists are rude, not all kick on a whim, but many do, and that's what my post was about. i didnt mean to attack the 'elitist jerks' who may be reading this, considering im one of them. (im just not very good at it. i put BYOH in every lfm, even if im levelling a healer, and always end up the first, and last, one to die in just about every quest.)
    Soturi . Ghallanda Rerolled
    [7/18/2012 12:22:24 AM] D. H.: i mean, i'm not as experienced as, say, a vegas hooker, but i can confidently say that you're a lot more aggressive than like 90% of the guys i've been with.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldest View Post
    yeah lol but it's just meant to symbolize the importance of xp/minute. like, another day, another dollar. a dollar a day is awful pay but people get the idea.
    Soturi . Ghallanda Rerolled
    [7/18/2012 12:22:24 AM] D. H.: i mean, i'm not as experienced as, say, a vegas hooker, but i can confidently say that you're a lot more aggressive than like 90% of the guys i've been with.

Quote Originally Posted by HanzelC View Post
    Why the hurry to die/fail?
    I'm late for church and cooking brownies.

Quote Originally Posted by varusso View Post
    And the flip side of this:

Now -- the knothead that DOESNT specify all this stuff in his LFM and then starts running his mouth at you? He IS a jerk. Just squelch him and move on.
    Which was one of my basic compliants - there are a lot of people who (I guess) expect you to zerg, and understand that this is what they want to do via telepathy. And if you don't read their mind, well, then you're the idiot. They don't post it in the LFM sometimes, or the fact that they want a player who knows the quest front to back.

I think the thing that everyone seems to miss is that a noob / newb (whatever you want to call it) generally doesn't know the lingo. And if you ask what a "zerg" is in the public channel, what response do you think you're going to get? Generally, it's a 50-50 proposition that you'll get an honest answer.

How about the guy who drops into a run, then zergs it? I've had that happen a few times too. Annoying as all get-out.

I personally have no problems with people who zerg stuff (especially when they don't mind if I can pike it for the XP), or guys who only want top run with groups the know the quest well. But you'd better put it in the LFM. And the problem is that some of these guys don't.

As for squelch...yeah you can squelch someone, but the reality is that it doesn't prevent you from inadvertantly running that that guy again. As far as I'm aware (and someone please indicate to me where this feature is) there is no way to red-flag a specific person in your personal settings. So you may squelch the person, but a month goes by and you forget just who it was that ticked you off...
    Antipan, Pandargon, Pandolin, Panifin, Panmorgan, Pangrael, and all other things "pan-ed"...

Chai
    Rolling thunder, as you described, is a really fun way to run a quest. I fairly positive that the words "gather for buffs" or some form of this phrase is uttered/written approximately every 4 minutes or so in your groups (buff, heal and regroup). It really doesn't slow you down and in fact speeds the run up, better DPS, better damage reduction, a quick opportunity for everyone to top the red bar off and an opportunity for the leader to give instruction as appropriate.

Squishwizzy
    /squelch "character name" is the command...however, IMO this is just for the psychos out there, most times it's better to just add them to your friends list and add a note describing what you think the person is about. That way, you can always see who and why you didn't (or do) want to run with them. I have a whole 2 people in my squelch list over 2 +years.

Oldguy

Quote Originally Posted by squishwizzy View Post
    Which was one of my basic compliants - there are a lot of people who (I guess) expect you to zerg, and understand that this is what they want to do via telepathy. And if you don't read their mind, well, then you're the idiot. They don't post it in the LFM sometimes, or the fact that they want a player who knows the quest front to back.

I think the thing that everyone seems to miss is that a noob / newb (whatever you want to call it) generally doesn't know the lingo. And if you ask what a "zerg" is in the public channel, what response do you think you're going to get? Generally, it's a 50-50 proposition that you'll get an honest answer.

How about the guy who drops into a run, then zergs it? I've had that happen a few times too. Annoying as all get-out.

I personally have no problems with people who zerg stuff (especially when they don't mind if I can pike it for the XP), or guys who only want top run with groups the know the quest well. But you'd better put it in the LFM. And the problem is that some of these guys don't.

As for squelch...yeah you can squelch someone, but the reality is that it doesn't prevent you from inadvertantly running that that guy again. As far as I'm aware (and someone please indicate to me where this feature is) there is no way to red-flag a specific person in your personal settings. So you may squelch the person, but a month goes by and you forget just who it was that ticked you off...
    Well like ive said before, the guy who acts like a jerk because you cant read his mind is an ****** -- whether he is the party leader or the guy who joined. Minimal communication (from BOTH) is necessary if you want a drama-free run. And its really not even all that complicated.

<DING> joins party.
    "Hey guys, whats up? This a zerg run?"
    "No, we got some new folks trying to learn it."
    "OK then, gonna go solo it, cya."
    "NP, thanks."
    <DING> leaves party.

And various other similar scenarios. No drama.

Case in point: I joined an Enemy Within Elite run last night, at level, that had "TRs preferred". This generally means a self-sufficient, semi-zerg mentality. As I joined, the party leader said he was waiting on a healer, then go. This was enough of a trigger to make me ask rather than assume. When a healer joined, we hopped in, and I asked if he wanted to split up -- they could go one way, and I could go the other, since I was self-healing (and could frankly clear faster by myself). Sure, NP, just dont die. At each point where we could split, we did. Unfortunately, the WF Barb decided to follow me, and ended up regretting it But there was no drama over zerging etc. We found an amicable compromise with just a few words, and everyone was happy. Well maybe everyone except the barb

And yes, squelching works quite well. Generally, if someone sets off my "spidey sense", a quick look at my squelch list will show me that I have added them to it already. Even if I cant remember the specifics of WHY they were added, I trust that it was for a good reason. If I am leading a party -- deny. If i am in someone else's party, I may or many not stay, depending on the severity of WHY I squelched them. If they are leading the party, I will pass it by and do something else. The only suck part is that you cant squelch by account. Its not the TOON i dont want to run with, but the PLAYER.

As for newbs not knowing the lingo -- you shouldnt click an LFM if you dont understand the notes. Ask the PL via tells, or dont join. Thats basic common sense, and something more of them should exercise. If the PL is a tool and wont answer cos he just cant be bothered, well thats an LFM best avoided anyway. Ive also found the /advice channel to be quite helpful for this, esp in market, harbor, and korthos (even back in my newb days, I figured it out on my own, so I dont see it as being too complicated for the average newb). Sure there is the occasional jerk who likes to feed disinformation, but I find that they are usually shouted down by other players if they pull that nonsense in /advice (or even in /gen).

I still like my Scarlet Letter idea...it pops up on the Groupings listing. Big old visible indicator right there.

And yeah, the thing that sucks is you can't squelch by account. Because if they're an a** in one toon, they're gonna be an a** in all their toons. it's one thing to maybe not be real proficient at one class or the other (I'm presently struggling with a Paladin right now, and looking to re-do a wizzy), but it's another to have to deal with a guy who is just a jerk regardless.

I guess the other problem with zergs is that you'll get guys who *think* they are zergers, run off, aggro everything, and end up getting the entire party killed. I've had that happen to me in a few House K. quests.
    Antipan, Pandargon, Pandolin, Panifin, Panmorgan, Pangrael, and all other things "pan-ed"...

I took quicken early on my clr this life because it really helps you survive while running in yellow and red alert.
    Ghallanda
    Volver life 3 lvl 20 sorc - 2 Epic/// Adept life 3 lvl 2mnk/17pal /// Vindicate life 6 lvl 18rgr/1ftr/1clr - 2 Epic /// Eternal life 2 lvl 10 rgr

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123