Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Ship Buffs in the MOTU?

So how's this gonna work? Will a planescaller be able to send us to Cormyr from our ship directly or are we gonna have to navigate the demonweb after every re-buffing?

Well, I have to say that IMO, airship towers in Eveningstar would seem very out of place...

The shakes already kicking in because you think you might be cut off from your supply?
    (¯`·._.·[ The Truth of the Draconic Prophecy will be revealed in time. ]·._.·´¯)

You need help... There are very good airship support groups out there.... Dont worry, they can help you get over your addiction.

Just so you know, back in the old days, when we had no ships, we had to buy potions to get our resistances and buffs (or have a caster with em). Its not a big deal. If you rely on ship buffs for your toon to function, you need to reroll.
    Last edited by Zyerz; 04-09-2012 at 02:18 PM.

"Hikari datte, yami datte, kitto"

Into light, into darkness, surely.

Quote Originally Posted by Cendaer View Post
    Well, I have to say that IMO, airship towers in Eveningstar would seem very out of place...

The shakes already kicking in because you think you might be cut off from your supply?
    Not unless they sell Air-ship methadone in the DDO store . . .

Just more of a curious thing as to how Turbine will techno-babble them into the equation.

Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Cendaer View Post

theres no airship tower in Amrath.... Or any of the other Explorer based teleport locations for that matter.
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Planescaller perhaps? Either through your high level ship or the Twelve. Will work just like traveling to Amrath.
    Completionist Lighthardtt Tuisian of Sarlona
    leader, Bridge Burners

"Just another day in pair-o'-dice"

Quote Originally Posted by madmaxhunter View Post
    Planescaller perhaps? Either through your high level ship or the Twelve. Will work just like traveling to Amrath.
    Not exactly... Amrath is another plane in the same universe Eberron is.

Forgotten Realms is a completely different universe... We might need a portable wormhole.
    But seriously people, get over the ship buff addiction. Ship buffs are overrated. They're useful, but not required. We did just fine when they didnt exist.

"Hikari datte, yami datte, kitto"

Into light, into darkness, surely.

Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council

You people seriously think there wont be a way to freely move between the Faerun and Ebberon.

I anticipate we will need to run something once, then will be able to use some sort of rift or "wormhole" pretty much freely.
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Quote Originally Posted by Zyerz View Post
    Ship buffs are overrated. . .
    it's "Completionist in a bottle."

They're not over-rated, if you said over-powered you're have a much more reasonable argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post
    You people seriously think there wont be a way to freely move between the Faerun and Ebberon.

I anticipate we will need to run something once, then will be able to use some sort of rift or "wormhole" pretty much freely.
    of course there will be, I'm just curious as to what it'll be.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyerz View Post
    Not exactly... Amrath is another plane in the same universe Eberron is.

Forgotten Realms is a completely different universe... We might need a portable wormhole.
    But seriously people, get over the ship buff addiction. Ship buffs are overrated. They're useful, but not required. We did just fine when they didnt exist.
    Fine, if you want an honest answer, it's Spelljammer. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spelljammer
    Completionist Lighthardtt Tuisian of Sarlona
    leader, Bridge Burners

"Just another day in pair-o'-dice"

Quote Originally Posted by madmaxhunter View Post
    Fine, if you want an honest answer, it's Spelljammer. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spelljammer
    I remember running in a Spelljammer campaign back in the day. It was fun because we were a "multi-world" party. Had a Kender from Krynn, Drow from FR, Barbarian from Grewhawk and so forth. Pretty cool.

I always thought the ships in DDO were very much like the Spelljammer ships and I thought that's what they were when I first played DDO. So I could see something like that although while the Elven nation if I remember correctly had a Spelljammer port they aren't common or anything. Then again this is a game, we can do anything.

Oh, ain't nothing like seeing the shadow of an Elven Man-O-War come over your bow. LOL

Now where to put that pesky Darkvision shrine.
    Magical Rings are well... magical. - Gandalf

Maybe it will be like Baldur's Gate was once you Visit that area you can Click on your map for that area and go there???? Really is a wonderment as of now..
    Sleeps

Community Member

Planescaller?

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey-Boy View Post
    it's "Completionist in a bottle."

They're not over-rated, if you said over-powered you're have a much more reasonable argument.
    It might be somewhat ironic, but I think they're both overpowered and and overrated. The bonuses are way too good for something so easy to get, at the same time people obsesses about needing them in situations where they really don't.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by GoRinNoSho View Post
    Planescaller?
    Ladders? (<-- worth negrepping)
    How to revamp past life reward system <--- working again
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We absolutely planned for Fighter to still have Haste Boost. It's absolutely a bug. Any similar issues that look "wrong" to any player should be bugged.
    Developers should fix this

Community Member

Personally I wouldn't mind if there was a new and different guild mechanic in the realms, such that characters could create/belong to a different guild in the realms. But I suspect that would be overly complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    *Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post

They'll camp Elminster somewhere and he'll teleport everyone with his awesome magical powers right?

Or any other random caster from FR, cause you know, they're all pretty epic out there, even peasants are like level 40!
    Distributed - Currently on life 80.

The new level 100 ship will be a TARDIS.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast