Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: lolth?

Default lolth?

according to pax recording interview on ddo cast we will be expecting to fight lolth in the upcoming expansion.. is this true? i mean a group of level 25 player fighting lolth?

personally i don't think it is reasonable..if they do want player to battle god, perhaps they should start with demi god instead of greater deity.....plus demon web is lolth's domain.. fighting a greater deity in her own domain sound more like suicide.
    dance in the wind, die in the wind.

you call it sucide, i call it a good time. to each his own
    main toons: hauteur(silly caster) Sttomper (silly barbarian)-jammiee (Silly paladin)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    You are still completely free to run around like a jackrabbit on caffeine.
    quem deus vult perdere, dementat prius

Quote Originally Posted by Hobgoblin View Post
    but lolth is one of the great deity in the setting.. wouldn't defeating her in level 25 shorten the game's life time? i was hoping for more expansion in the future...

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

I believe a dwarf said it best....

Certainty of death, *small* chance of success.... What are we waiting for?

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    I believe a dwarf said it best....

Certainty of death, *small* chance of success.... What are we waiting for?
    i think that was followed by

"toss me, but don't tell the elf!"

hob
    main toons: hauteur(silly caster) Sttomper (silly barbarian)-jammiee (Silly paladin)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    You are still completely free to run around like a jackrabbit on caffeine.
    quem deus vult perdere, dementat prius

Technically, a Greater Power on their home plane is supposed to have enough power to simply think things out of existence....so yeah, that confrontation is going to be totally not valid.
    "At the end of all things, let it not be said that I didn't pull the switch that killed us all."

Quote Originally Posted by Deaths_ward View Post
    Technically, a Greater Power on their home plane is supposed to have enough power to simply think things out of existence....so yeah, that confrontation is going to be totally not valid.
    Pretty sure she's an intermediate power in 3.5e

http://dungeons.wikia.com/wiki/DnDWi...otten_Realms_2 There's a nice wall of text so here's a quote from the link:

Lolth is a Chaotic Evil Intermediate Power. Her symbol is a black spider with the head of a female drow (and in the Forgotten Realms, hanging from a spider web).
    She becomes a greater deity in 4e, which occurs during the times of trouble in 1358 DR or soon after. She becomes a greater deity at the end of the War of the Spider Queen series which takes place in 1372 through 1373 DR.
    Last edited by SilkofDrasnia; 04-09-2012 at 03:00 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    Insulting the development team is not allowed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jendrak
    Somebody should definitely explain to Turbine that when they roll up a new GM that INT is not dump stat.

2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by windchant View Post
    according to pax recording interview on ddo cast we will be expecting to fight lolth in the upcoming expansion.. is this true? i mean a group of level 25 player fighting lolth?

personally i don't think it is reasonable..if they do want player to battle god, perhaps they should start with demi god instead of greater deity.....plus demon web is lolth's domain.. fighting a greater deity in her own domain sound more like suicide.
    Well, if you consider that in PnP Forgotten Realms from LVL 18 to 100 ( 2nd Ed ) you are sent to fight Orcus in his home plane. Fighting Lolth at LVL 25 ( 3rd ) is not far off.

PnP Reference : H4, Throne of Bloodstone.

Now taking things way back into PnP History, Immortals from D&D ( as from Rule Cyclopaedia and/or Immortal Set ) cannot be killed, you can only kill their avatar. And it takes time for them to make a new one. (and power )
    Last edited by Flavilandile; 04-09-2012 at 02:51 AM.
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

I was gonna make a joke about her being a whole lotta woman but y'all went and started getting all lore heavy... *sigh* ... ah well, if she kicks my arse from one plane to another I hope I a) enjoy it and b) have a nice soft butt pillow for the landing.

Might be interesting to have an unbeatable raid boss,
    bitkaCK2
    "That's right, remember there's a big difference between kneeling down and bending over..." ~ Heavenly Bank Account by Frank Zappa
    "Your 'Gin n' tonic Futon Brain' cyborg implants sure make you smart!" ~ Seraphita, Element of Fire

Quote Originally Posted by SilkofDrasnia View Post
    She becomes a greater deity in 4e, which occurs during the times of trouble in 1358 DR or soon after. She becomes a greater deity at the end of the War of the Spider Queen series which takes place in 1372 through 1373 DR.
    ah..totally forget about that.... come to think about it.. i think i hear the name Elminster in the trailer.. could it be mystra behind the scheme?

Quote Originally Posted by Flavilandile View Post
    Well, if you consider that in PnP Forgotten Realms from LVL 18 to 100 ( 2nd Ed ) you are sent to fight Orcus in his home plane. Fighting Lolth at LVL 25 ( 3rd ) is not far off.

PnP Reference : H4, Throne of Bloodstone.

Now taking things way back into PnP History, Immortals from D&D ( as from Rule Cyclopaedia and/or Immortal Set ) cannot be killed, you can only kill their avatar. And it takes time for them to make a new one. (and power )
    am not sure, but i think i read several succeed on god slaying.. though not much detailed.. but it seem to be possible..

also even her avatar would be sorta impossible to kill on her own domain.. hmm wonder how turbine plot it..
    Last edited by windchant; 04-09-2012 at 03:32 AM.

1st edition AD&D module Q1 Queen of the Demonweb Pits, players do battle with Lolth on her home plane, character levels.........10-14!!

Quote Originally Posted by BitkaCK2 View Post
    ...Might be interesting to have an unbeatable raid boss,
    bitkaCK2
    That's easy, Master Artificer was unbeatable for a while
    <------Pay no attention to the join date, played pre-launch in EU & moved to U.S. servers.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkofDrasnia View Post

http://dungeons.wikia.com/wiki/DnDWi...otten_Realms_2 There's a nice wall of text so here's a quote from the link:

People actually counts 4e as an installment still? I mean seriously its easier to just get video games no dm worth his salt wants to dm an mmo on paper. Frankly since this game currently follows 3.5 mechs it stays that way with her. It'll be interesting to have Veriden kill Lolth in two settings though ^_^

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

DDO is based on 3.5, no ? I mean, technically speaking, she woulsdn't be a Greater Deity, then.

And that above mentioned "Spider Queen War" - could it be that it takes place "after" DDO ?

Maybe we won't actually "kill" her. We will just make her irritated enough to run off and we have to chase her down in later updates? Just throwing that out there after a looooong night at work, so I may be way off here.
    Nomuertos 20/3 Human Wizard Rendu 18 Elf Rogue Rianoc 15 Human Cleric
    Vodaire 18/2/2 Elf Paladin/Fighter Xr-73 12 WF Artificer XR-72 8 Favored Soul Stargrazer 3 Human Druid
    Tahren 16 Drow Sorcerer Life 2 of ?

You won't kill her, that's for sure. It's the tactic that comic writers employed for ages, the villain doesn't die, just wawes his index finger while floating in the air and cursing the heroes then *BOOM* *FLASH* and his gone, but once again the world is safe.

I don't think anyone expect Lloth to die/cease to exist... what me as a player can expect is a believable story, some real thing at stake, some thing I care about, be it a nice NPC (like most guys would care about Celimas esp if she was voiced by the same voice actress) or a small village with friendly people or anything like that.

Though with the current gameplay, even saving Celimas will turn to 'meh' when I'm doing it for the 100th time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinsyne View Post
    You won't kill her, that's for sure. It's the tactic that comic writers employed for ages, the villain doesn't die, just wawes his index finger while floating in the air and cursing the heroes then *BOOM* *FLASH* and his gone, but once again the world is safe.
    I believe the correct line of dialogue will be .....

"I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling heroes!!".
    You see in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomcrew View Post
    I believe the correct line of dialogue will be .....

"I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling heroes!!".
    You forgot to add, "Ah'll be bahkk!"
    There is no free lunch.

It's gonna be like LOB where we don't actually kill the god, only annoy it until it finds something better to do.

Community Member Talon_Moonshadow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hobgoblin View Post
    I like your style!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jandric View Post
    ..., but I honestly think the solution is to group with less whiny people.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast