Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dog Names

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Noob View Post
    Named mine Rintintin,

mind you most of the youngins here won't get the reference.
    Any Lassies out there?

I don't have an Arti myself, but I know one of my guildies named his dog DeeOhGee which I thought was rather good, seen a Dawg and a Snarf around on our server too.
    Cannith: Brakkart Fellblade (Rng18/Ftr1/Rog1/Epic5 TR3) - Feiya (Sor20/Epic2 TR2) - Iomedae Furyheart (Pal20) - Eiseth Spider's Kiss (Bard16) - Lirianne Alkenstar (Art10) - Laori Vaus (Clr8) - Elmidgetster (Wiz7) - Loot

Community Member

The lack of spaces in pet names is more than a little annoying. IronCutie is acceptable, but it would be a whole lot better with the space...

...why yes, that is what I called my puppy! He was such a little cutie when he was level 1. Now, at 18, the name is more ironic than accurate, but it still works for me.

On the usefulness of pets, I love mine, when he isn't bugged. I even gave him a +8 trip module, so very little stays upright when my pup has Trip off-timer.

Wagglebutt
    KoS Knights of Siberys - Cannith
    Wife: MY gynecologist said I can't have sex for 2 weeks. Husband: What did your dentist say?
    Founder # 815

I named mine Mechaduke. It was a lot less ban worthy that what I really wanted to do. (I wanted to do a play on the name of one of Sarlona’s more infamous tank wannabes.)
    Things that if Turbine went all EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on, would actually make the game fun again.:
    • Giving us the racial PrE’s we were promised, before rolling out DDOStore™ Enhancement Trees.
    • Fixing physical defense for Rangers and Rogues. It’s ridiculous that you’re better off wearing Heavy Armor and ignoring your innate feats on these classes.
    • Cannith Crafting.
    • Update the named loot to put them on the same system.
    • Fixing the Cannith Challenges so that they can be 6 starred without incredible luck or store bought items.
    • Fixing all challenges to give us decent XP and ingredient returns for the unreasonable time we have to spend in most of them.

If you want to do something really solid for a level 20 pet go the evasion and trip route and equip it with an Epic Blademark Docent.
    Things that if Turbine went all EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on, would actually make the game fun again.:
    • Giving us the racial PrE’s we were promised, before rolling out DDOStore™ Enhancement Trees.
    • Fixing physical defense for Rangers and Rogues. It’s ridiculous that you’re better off wearing Heavy Armor and ignoring your innate feats on these classes.
    • Cannith Crafting.
    • Update the named loot to put them on the same system.
    • Fixing the Cannith Challenges so that they can be 6 starred without incredible luck or store bought items.
    • Fixing all challenges to give us decent XP and ingredient returns for the unreasonable time we have to spend in most of them.

Community Member

Unfortunately, I have yet to run with an Arty named Hans with a dog named Frans. But I think that would be an excellent icebreaker to summon the dog as you prepare to buff.

My box-hound responds to 'Lucky'

Next one will probably be 'Taxi'

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey1 View Post
    When spec'd right, arti dogs can be very useful.
    They can trip darn near anything at cap, they can draw aggro, (which admittedly can be the last thing you want sometimes) and I've seen firsthand a friends dog grab everyones stone after the entire party died, run to a shrine and save the quest.

That said, they bark incessantly, they bug out way too much and are generally more trouble than they're worth.
    Before I tr'd my arti into a ranger, I'd stopped using my pet a LONG time ago.
    Unless I was soloing, I'd generally keep my pet stored, unless asked to bring him out.
    hmm, you sure you're not talking about my ex girl friend?
    You see in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Noob View Post
    Named mine Rintintin,

mind you most of the youngins here won't get the reference.
    I really want to name my doggy SemiAutoGuardUnit, given artidogs appearance, but it awfully bulky if you don't get the reference.

Community Member

BadAI

Because thats what he is.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12