Community Member

Default DOS III worth it?

I have a Paladin that I have been working on and I am not sure if I want to go to DOS III or not, it is my first Paladin and right now I have him slated for Paladin 18/ Fighter 2. But, was thinking of going Paladin 12/Fighter 8 or Paladin 14/Fighter 6 for the extra feats that the fighter brings and there would not be much change over my current build plan doing the extra fighter levels, just will help me get all the feats he might need.

Right now the feats I have planned are as follows

Two Handed Fighting, ITHF, GTHF
    Toughness
    IC: Slashing
    Dodge
    Combat Expertise
    Maximise - for cures spells
    EWP: Kopesh - For when I turtle up and need to tank, otherwise I will be using Falchions/Great Axes as I find them or get something crafted. Right now for my Kopesh I have a crafted +4 screaming of bleed I think it is and I have a bodyfeeder Falchion, plus an adamantine Holy maul of smiting for contructs and boney undead.

and of course

Power attack

Now if I was to take the extra fighter levels for the extra feat/s what feats would I want to have on this build? Is it worth the extra fighter levels at all? I was thinking 14/6 so I could do DOS and Kensii I but not sure Kensii I will bring enough to the table.

Edit: forgot one feat on the list.
    Last edited by Mubjon; 04-08-2012 at 02:25 PM.

I suppose it comes down to what you want to do with this character.

Since you've already got your current 18/2 split planned out, why not stay with that and see what goodies are coming with the new enhancement lines in U14? It's only a little over two months away and you'll have to reset anyway. Personally, I'd hate to miss out on something sweet by splashing too deep.

Best of luck!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by sebastianosmith View Post
    I suppose it comes down to what you want to do with this character.

Since you've already got your current 18/2 split planned out, why not stay with that and see what goodies are coming with the new enhancement lines in U14? It's only a little over two months away and you'll have to reset anyway. Personally, I'd hate to miss out on something sweet by splashing too deep.

Best of luck!
    True, keep forgetting that they claim all the Pre will be out and that we will be able to do more with our characters.

Thanks for the advice!