Question motu or 1 year vip?

I'm a returning player with my highest level toon at 15 and not tr'd ether. Yes I know I'm a noob so no need to point that one out (even though I've been "around" since the game came out, I game hop a lot...between this and Xbox mostly) I want to get back into drop because I love the game plain and simple but I'm not sure if it would be more worth it to buy a year of VIP or hit up this new update with all the bonus items and such I would receive for my pre order of it. I'm leaning towards the one year VIP since I started typing this Haha seems to me it would make more sense but I'm looking for input from experienced players, thoughts please .

Community Member

Depends on what you like.

A main thing to consider is whether you are the type of player who likes to sit at end-game and run all the hard stuff/raids etc for items, or like to roll up lots of different characters/builds and enjoy the levelling process.

The Expansion will focus on end-game play (for now). However with the current XP bonuses and Bravery Bonus etc, it shouldn't be a problem to get a toon to lvl 20 by the time the expansion hits.
    The Collector's Edition is quite a good deal - 2000 TP, XP bonuses and 2 sets of adventure packs. It also comes with a promo code of $50 for 11k TP. So spending around $130 right now would get you on a good path to premium and enjoying most of the game.

However, if you don't really care for the endgame stuff, and the XP things don't mean much to you, then you could consider VIP. E.g. I play Permadeath and those items are wortheless to me, and I would likely remain VIP so the adventure packs and the $50 point bundle isn't really worht it for me as well. That doesn't mean I won't buy the expansion, but I will likely stick to VIP and get the Basic Edition of MoTU ($30).

Hope this helps.

If you'll be game hopping alot buy the 80 dollar expansion and one of the point bundles on sale currently. You get a lot of packs with the $80 expansion bundle and you can buy the other ones you like with points. That way you can game hop without feeling obligated to play a lot because you subscribed. You can leave the game for a year and come back and still play all the packs you bought.

Basically it comes down to:

100 dollars vip gets you unlimited access to the game for 1 year. If you don't renew you loose access to all premium packs/races/classes.

80 dollars expansion pack gets you unlimited access forever, to all the packs it includes, plus 2000 bonus points to buy more packs/races/classes. Plus you get Lesser Tomes of learning for all your toons and all toons you will ever create. You will have access to these until the game dies a decade from now.
    Server: Orien
    Guild: Over Raided
    Toons: Phasma - Swashbuckler ; Ceroni - Acrobat ; Selina Air Savant ; Cachin - Artificer

Community Member DefunctEquation's Avatar

Well, I haven't bought the Expansion (since I can't afford it), but I have been VIP before. At a glance, I'd actually say the expansion pack is your best best, if you are planning on buying the Collector's edition.

Let's look at what you get:

Greater Tome of Learning: 1 free for a single character. A huge experience boost for your favorite toon? Yes, please!

Lesser Tome of Learning: A slightly smaller experience boost for every toon you make forever? Very nice, and you can always upgrade it if you so desire.

2,000 Turbine Points: You can always buy some packs, classes, or races you want with this.

Veteran Status 1 and 2: Start a new toon at 4 or 7, speeding up your route to 20.

DDO Epic Classics Adventure Pack bundle: Vault of Night, The Red Fens, Sentinels Stormreach, Devil Assault

DDO Classics Adventure Pack bundle: Phiarlan Carnival, Attack on Stormreach, The Path of Inspiration, The Dreaming Dark

^ Above are some of the most run quests in the game, so you get most of the ones you'd bother touching with VIP, except for Devils of Shavarath, Necropolis, Gianthold, and Demon Sands, which you can always spend that free 2k TP on (or not).

And all of this is on top of the Expansion, the new challenges, and the Druid class.
    -------------------

VIP gets you all sorts of goodies, sure. But all that will go away when the sub runs out and you'll have to buy it all again, or renew your sub. And you'll still have to buy the expansion anyways if you want to play it.
    Current Main: Saynos 3 Monk/1 Rogue Alt: Xyrora Damodred 3 Sorcerer

Argonnessen

Cool

Thanks everyone for the great responses you've given me some great insight that I was lacking so thanks bunches defunctequations I think I've decided to buy the ce of motu Thanks to you pointing out that I will gain access to mostly all of the content that is played most throughout the community, I think that was my biggest concern since being able to play with other people is my favorite thing about this game from level 1 I get to run with others and having the adventure packs everyone plays is important to me. So yeah you've definitely helped me a lot glad I posted and thanks again I'm Gunna preorder motu tonight when I get home from work!

Quote Originally Posted by Vengeance777 View Post
    Basically it comes down to:

100 dollars vip gets you unlimited access to the game for 1 year. If you don't renew you loose access to all premium packs/races/classes.

80 dollars expansion pack gets you unlimited access forever, to all the packs it includes, plus 2000 bonus points to buy more packs/races/classes. Plus you get Lesser Tomes of learning for all your toons and all toons you will ever create. You will have access to these until the game dies a decade from now.
    You forgot that 1 year VIP is also at least 12 * 500 TP = 6000TP.

Welcome back!!!

I can guarantee that the expansion is the best you can spend your money with!

You also receive TP that will be useful to buy more packs, with a little patience, you' ll get the best with good discounts.
    How to revamp past life reward system <--- working again
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We absolutely planned for Fighter to still have Haste Boost. It's absolutely a bug. Any similar issues that look "wrong" to any player should be bugged.
    Developers should fix this

i Would say the expansion, ive game hopped quite a bit too and just returned im lvl 17 but i just pop on an update comes out and buy the pack, so i own all the content bank upgrades classes etc and collectors edition motu and if u game hop its best wey then can come and go as you please and still have access to all the conten, yes ther are a few things we dont get as premium not much that cant be bought seperate and if you watch out for sales etc can by most packs account upgrades rather cheap.

i would also go with motu =) vip do run out but motu don't.. plus i been playing this game for several years XD
    dance in the wind, die in the wind.