Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Nubicus View Post
    It's really easy to say that from On High, but I'm guessing you're not on the Do-Not-Party lists for your servers prominent guilds.
    it's noticable when your group is awful, if im running a shroud and i see 'ok, these guys are kind of clueless', and when we fight harry i see one empty cleric blue bar and one full one, its easy to see what happened. i wouldnt worry about letting a clearly bad raid wipe when one of the healers wasnt healing at all.

i understand the fear of letting a raid wipe because you dont want a bad reputation, but any player whose grinded at least one greensteel can recognize the 'worst shroud pug ever' scenario, and you cant blame the healer for that one. (i assume it was a bad group, otherwise solo healing would be easy.... if it was a decent group i think this needs to be more of a resource management thing)
    Soturi . Ghallanda Rerolled
    [7/18/2012 12:22:24 AM] D. H.: i mean, i'm not as experienced as, say, a vegas hooker, but i can confidently say that you're a lot more aggressive than like 90% of the guys i've been with.

Quote Originally Posted by axel15810 View Post
    If a group is having trouble in round 4 then normally they have no shot in round 5
    I've done a few shrouds - 15 on my main + others on alts - and I've never seen a Part 5 that compared badly with a Part 4.

Now yes I've so far only done normal But in my experience Part 4 is actually the hardest part of this quest and regularly goes to a second round.

Part 5 I've not yet seen Harry take a break - He goes down way too fast usually.

Now maybe I've been lucky with groups comparatively but I have seen problems with Parts 2 and 4 {even wiped once} but when we've got to part 5 a completion has been gotten without any more hitches {even once after a particularly bad part 4}.

As for Pots - On one of my first runs through VoD I went though a good 9 or 10 Mnems on my Battle Cleric {3 fighter levels} and yes we wiped - I was even handed a couple of base Mnem pots at one point after stopping drinking my own.
    I went and bought 100 majors from the store later that day and still have 16 left 6 months later.
    I don't mind drinking pots but in those 6 months I can count on the fingers of one hand the number of pots I've been reimbursed.
    I can count the number of Major Mnem Pots I've looted on my 30+ alts in that time without reaching triple figures - My Cleric hasn't even used any non-store bought since and barely has 20 all told.

Maybe when it comes to looting I'm particularly unlucky {3 Firestorm Greaves and 2 Bloodstones may disagree though I've never seen a RoSS} But I always take either renown or a major if they appear in an end reward list.

My list would read:

Named Loot I'm actively looking for
    Legendary Vic.
    Major Mnem Pot
    Impressive Trophy
    Greater Mnem Pot
    Tales of Valour
    Heroic Deeds
    Mnem Pot
    Lesser Mnem Pot
    Minor Mnem Pot
    Named Loot I'm not actively looking for
    Trash

Majors are not common in game - I am not going to pay 20k plat / potion from the AH {I'd have to find a RoSS a week to fund that level of spending}.
    Any Majors I get from the store in future will more than likely be funded from dev giveaways / lottery wins.

Yet I will still use any I feel required to complete a raid and will be more than happy to do this.

I would however like to let it be known that I'd be a lot happier if more people were willing to pass Mnem Pots when the DooDoo hit's the fan.

Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    ~snip~
    Majors are not common in game - I am not going to pay 20k plat / potion from the AH {I'd have to find a RoSS a week to fund that level of spending}.
    Any Majors I get from the store in future will more than likely be funded from dev giveaways / lottery wins.
    ~Snip~
    Roll a monk... mine gets more majors than I can use. I have multiple stacks of 100 accumulated on each account. I run 4 monks so that helps a bit too. Of the 26 characters that I play (though largely focus on 6 now) my monks far and away received majors more than any other class.
    Khyber
    R e v e n a n t s Renowned
    Thelanis

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234