Community Member

Default Seals not dropping in Lords of Dust?

I have seen 4 skunk runs now, not a single seal for anyone, even in end chests.

Has anyone pulled any recent?

I've pulled a cruel nobility yesterday form the senior cultist citizen's chest and a friend got templar's something from the end chest in the same run.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by BruceTheHoon View Post
    I've pulled a cruel nobility yesterday form the senior cultist citizen's chest and a friend got templar's something from the end chest in the same run.
    Cool thanks for letting me know.

Anyone else seen anything lately? They seem far rarer to say the least.

Community Member

I think when the update first came out there was an overabundance of scrolls, shards, and seals in the new chain. So now that they put it back to normal it just seems like the drops are rarer.

Drop rate on this quest seems very low, mate, that's all!
    At least is not a kick-in-the-face quest like eChains or eVon3 -_-
    ALL HAIL TO ITS SQUISHY-MAJESTY SIR KNORR, LORD OF OOZES AND MASTER OF SLIME
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=386688

Very low rate, fo-shizzle.
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

They are still there, just the drop rate is cruddy. I've also yet to see anyone get any out the end chest.
    Khyber: Runforr 13/6/1 Rog/Ftr/Mnk, Bakup 3/3/1 Mnk/Pal/Rog (TR Pal), Faylah 14 Mnk (TR Mnk), Janthyra 12/7/1 Brb/Rog/Ftr, Ainbthech 20 Sor, Fliethas 18/2 Fvs/Mnk, Unfilled 12/6/2 Mnk/Rgr/Ftr, Arcanemark 10 Wiz "Don't eat us dragon! We're like you, but smaller. And fly worse." - Kobold Crewman on the Heart of Wind

For the last month I have been farming Marideth's chest, and Bastion's when he shows up, and only just got my first seal a couple days ago, for the bow.

37 kills to Merideth's chest, and was getting a scroll about every other run.

I was really beginning to think that those chests didn't produce anything epic. Probably about 50 openings of them now.

I did do a full run of the chain in a group later that same day, and saw a few seals/shards drop, but only one scroll.

Quote Originally Posted by Diyon View Post
    They are still there, just the drop rate is cruddy. I've also yet to see anyone get any out the end chest.
    End Chest, once, total, since it came out. It was a guildee's pull of the Envenomed Blade seal; and he is the insanely lucky one in our guild. For a time, we were doing this epic three times a day with alts.

In all those runs, probably close to 60 total runs, the guild has pulled less than 50 seals out of that quest.

Community Member

They are dropping just still vary rare, personaly ive never gotten even a seal let alone a shard after 20+ full runs but i do see them dropping so just bad luck and poor drop rate id guess

Just got silver slinger seal.

The shard/seal drop rate has been absolute utter junk for about a month or so now, at least for me. I've gotten 3 seals between maybe 20-30 runs of Tide Turns, Snitch, Bargain of Blood, and Lords of Dust. I swear the loot system is screwy too - we ran ToD in guild last night and 4 garbage rings dropped, and it was my 6th ToD in a row where no ring dropped in my name. Gremlins in the lootgen, Turbine?
    Last edited by Fefnir_2011; 04-12-2012 at 12:38 PM. Reason: **** is a curse word?
    Honkin * Diaari * Bazongas

Quote Originally Posted by Fefnir_2011 View Post
    we ran ToD in guild last night and 4 garbage rings dropped, and it was my 6th ToD in a row where no ring dropped in my name.
    You must normally be insanely lucky if you think that's bad.

Quote Originally Posted by xoowak View Post
    You must normally be insanely lucky if you think that's bad.
    I don't have normal luck, that's for sure. In the space of a couple weeks, pulled two +3 tomes, 2 greenblades, got the torc I wanted in my 20th, even got some store stuff (Astral Diamonds, special pots) in quest chests. On the other hand, those kind of times are usually followed by a month or more of not pulling any named loot at all. Even just lootgen chests I see this. I'll get 5-6 things in chests for a week, then it'll go down to a pile of plat pieces and a single weapon. I am unsure of others experiences, but for me at least the loot system has always been very streaky.
    Honkin * Diaari * Bazongas