These are my opinions on these quest chains...
1) Catacombs... As annoying as the running up and down to the quests, I don't really think there should be any change to make the quest entrances closer to each other. However, I do think that the Catacombs could have a special active spell that acts like the House P pendant while in the public area of the stairwell. This would cutdown alot of the time running up and down that would help progress the quests faster.
2) Bookbinder Rescue... As someone else said, I kind of like some of the dumb AI of the family for this quest. It would be nice if the old farts didn't move until you talk to them, but keep the AI for the younger Binders. Although Grampa's current AI makes him appear to be in the finally stages of Alzheimer's.
3) Necro 1-3... Please, please, please, please, please fix the flagging for these quests. I can't believe that time was taken to "fix" the "bug" with the Bladebarrier for a little ran and really hated quest like Tomb of Tormented, while one of the largest obstacles to running these packs continues to go unfixed.
4) Sorrowdusk... Yes, there's alot of running around in these quests and it get's annoying. My suggestion would be to make Lord Hragg a teleporting point (similar to Tangleroots) after completing Captives of the Cult. To further help with the "loss of XP" for running to and from quests, I'd suggest a bump up in the XP from the slayers.
I don't think this has been mentioned yet but Sorrowdusk along with Tangleroots and 3BC (and maybe others) has the wilderness level cap below the highest level quest on elite. For example, Elite Quench the Flames and Elite Church of Fury are level 12 quests while the wilderness is capped at 11.
5) Threnal... Personally, I think Threnal's biggest problem is the flagging. Fixing the flagging where it doesn't reset so easily would help some with getting groups together for the chain.
As Hold for Reinforcements, I think there's two things people hate about it. One, Coyle is a bit squishy. I also agree that Derward from The Rescue seems much squishier lately also. I don't know if something changed, but Derward used to (at least for me) be a bit more durable in the Rescue. However, lately he and Coyle have been annoying me equally. I think a bit more Fort and/HP is needed for them.
The second thing people hate about Hold for Reinforcements is the poor XP. I think I have a good way to solve this problem. The quest begins with Coyle and two (or is it three?) other no named NPCs. Give players some optional XP if the NPCs survive. Name them Groundbeef and Roadkill. If Groundbeef survives, give a bonus 50% XP; if Roadkill survives, give another bonus 50% XP.
Necro 1 and 2 are worse because to repeat them without opener tricks or window farming, you have to redo the not solo friendly flagging quests.
It's an existing game mechanic, so hopefully not a drain on the developers.
[RENEGADE (Monk) - LEGION - FOUNDER AUG 2005]Blutus, Bodak, Diablo, Guilloteen, Jellybean, MantikorMarauder, Renaissance, Rigormortiss, Ungajinga, Valkyrie1st ww Tower/Vision/Abbot/Shroud, Epic VoN/Chrono, Reaver Xoriat * 1st capped Permatoon
It has been mentioned since it was first released and nothing has been done about it. What makes us believe you will actually address horrible flagging mechanisms over, say, a new grouping mechanism that isn't really that successful in another game? I can't tell you how many times I have seen newer players rage-quit a group when they find out the flagging mechanism is messed up once they retook the quest and they have to "start over" - especially when you need 4 players for one of the bloody pre-requisites:
3. Bloody/Shadow/Cursed Crypt
But if you pick up any of those quests again, you'll have to repeat it if you want to flag. Or if you get flagged, and pick up the quest, you can't pick up any of the flagging quests again to rerun. Or if you get flagged, and run the crypt, you can't run it again unless you redo all four flagging quests. This is a really silly mechanism, and results in a lot of people messing up their flagging, because most people just retake a quest as soon as they finish it. Most people I know don't even bother flagging because it's annoying, and they don't want to do it multiple times in order to run normal, hard, and elite. They just use openers.
This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.Reload