Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Varashad View Post
    Wait, we can classify PITA quests as bugs now? Yay!
    +1 for the reading comprehension and enphatise this point so other will not bash me (maybe ) when i say "bug" (ladders?)

Quote Originally Posted by Anthios888 View Post
    Wait ... Since when do people post constructive things on the DDO forums?
    lolol +1 for making me smile

Quote Originally Posted by Phemt81 View Post

And fix Under the Big Top, it is the only quest that crashes all the time, zoning in, zoning out, while playing.
    How to revamp past life reward system <--- working again
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We absolutely planned for Fighter to still have Haste Boost. It's absolutely a bug. Any similar issues that look "wrong" to any player should be bugged.
    Developers should fix this

Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    A lot of good suggestions here, some more easily implemented than others.
    Great to see you guys so active on the forums, this gives us hope Some of these "bugs" have been around for so long that I have just kinda accepted them as part of the game design.

We are in the middle of a huge crunch right now (any idea why?), so by the time we're done I'm more likely than not to forget everything I read today, but the bugs you submit will stay there to remind me.
    Can't image why.
    Quote Originally Posted by chipotle47 View Post
    "The definition of success is rebuffing between deaths with great enthusiasm."

Community Member

These are my opinions on these quest chains...

1) Catacombs... As annoying as the running up and down to the quests, I don't really think there should be any change to make the quest entrances closer to each other. However, I do think that the Catacombs could have a special active spell that acts like the House P pendant while in the public area of the stairwell. This would cutdown alot of the time running up and down that would help progress the quests faster.

2) Bookbinder Rescue... As someone else said, I kind of like some of the dumb AI of the family for this quest. It would be nice if the old farts didn't move until you talk to them, but keep the AI for the younger Binders. Although Grampa's current AI makes him appear to be in the finally stages of Alzheimer's.

3) Necro 1-3... Please, please, please, please, please fix the flagging for these quests. I can't believe that time was taken to "fix" the "bug" with the Bladebarrier for a little ran and really hated quest like Tomb of Tormented, while one of the largest obstacles to running these packs continues to go unfixed.

4) Sorrowdusk... Yes, there's alot of running around in these quests and it get's annoying. My suggestion would be to make Lord Hragg a teleporting point (similar to Tangleroots) after completing Captives of the Cult. To further help with the "loss of XP" for running to and from quests, I'd suggest a bump up in the XP from the slayers.

I don't think this has been mentioned yet but Sorrowdusk along with Tangleroots and 3BC (and maybe others) has the wilderness level cap below the highest level quest on elite. For example, Elite Quench the Flames and Elite Church of Fury are level 12 quests while the wilderness is capped at 11.

5) Threnal... Personally, I think Threnal's biggest problem is the flagging. Fixing the flagging where it doesn't reset so easily would help some with getting groups together for the chain.

As Hold for Reinforcements, I think there's two things people hate about it. One, Coyle is a bit squishy. I also agree that Derward from The Rescue seems much squishier lately also. I don't know if something changed, but Derward used to (at least for me) be a bit more durable in the Rescue. However, lately he and Coyle have been annoying me equally. I think a bit more Fort and/HP is needed for them.

The second thing people hate about Hold for Reinforcements is the poor XP. I think I have a good way to solve this problem. The quest begins with Coyle and two (or is it three?) other no named NPCs. Give players some optional XP if the NPCs survive. Name them Groundbeef and Roadkill. If Groundbeef survives, give a bonus 50% XP; if Roadkill survives, give another bonus 50% XP.

Quote Originally Posted by oradafu View Post
    These are my opinions on these quest chains...

1)However, I do think that the Catacombs could have a special active spell that acts like the House P pendant while in the public area of the stairwell. This would cutdown alot of the time running up and down that would help progress the quests faster.
    They could treat the parts where you talk to Archbishop Dryden like they do talking to Delera or talking to the dragons in front of the Eerie Forest in Reaver's Refuge. They're considered mini-quests, that complete and return your clickies. Then you'd get your Pendant of Time activation back.

Quote Originally Posted by oradafu View Post
    3) Necro 1-3... Please, please, please, please, please fix the flagging for these quests. I can't believe that time was taken to "fix" the "bug" with the Bladebarrier for a little ran and really hated quest like Tomb of Tormented, while one of the largest obstacles to running these packs continues to go unfixed.
    Agree. The Fens worked like Necro 3 originally, where if you retook any of the flaggers, you would lose flagging for the Deeps. The Fens was fixed, why not the Necros?

Necro 1 and 2 are worse because to repeat them without opener tricks or window farming, you have to redo the not solo friendly flagging quests.

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    6. Cannith Manufactuary

Needing to repeat the long run in to LOB and MA every time is just silly IMO. Again the raids are much, much harder than the explorer areas, to the point that any group that can make a real attempt at the raid (even on Normal) will be bored to tears in the explorers.
    One thought here is to add a portal at the entrance of each raid that works like the portal in New Invasion. Locating the other end of the portal right as you come in through the gate would be great, but this is a separate instance, so I expect it won't work and you'll have to add it right as you zone into the same instance. This would allow some of the team to clear while waiting for the final party members to join. This would allow the team to quickly go back out to refresh their ship-buffs and repair without the druggery of having to leave people behind to hold instances open at least not the second instance.

It's an existing game mechanic, so hopefully not a drain on the developers.
    [RENEGADE (Monk) - LEGION - FOUNDER AUG 2005]
    Blutus, Bodak, Diablo, Guilloteen, Jellybean, Mantikor
    Marauder, Renaissance, Rigormortiss, Ungajinga, Valkyrie
    1st ww Tower/Vision/Abbot/Shroud, Epic VoN/Chrono, Reaver Xoriat * 1st capped Permatoon

I humbly ask that you file them as bug reports (one for each quest), because this information can easily get lost on the forum, but bugs go to a database where they get prioritized.

We are in the middle of a huge crunch right now (any idea why?), so by the time we're done I'm more likely than not to forget everything I read today, but the bugs you submit will stay there to remind me.
    How many times do we have to submit something? The only replies we got (when I *got* a reply) is "working as intended".
    It has been mentioned since it was first released and nothing has been done about it. What makes us believe you will actually address horrible flagging mechanisms over, say, a new grouping mechanism that isn't really that successful in another game? I can't tell you how many times I have seen newer players rage-quit a group when they find out the flagging mechanism is messed up once they retook the quest and they have to "start over" - especially when you need 4 players for one of the bloody pre-requisites:

3. Bloody/Shadow/Cursed Crypt
    But if you pick up any of those quests again, you'll have to repeat it if you want to flag. Or if you get flagged, and pick up the quest, you can't pick up any of the flagging quests again to rerun. Or if you get flagged, and run the crypt, you can't run it again unless you redo all four flagging quests. This is a really silly mechanism, and results in a lot of people messing up their flagging, because most people just retake a quest as soon as they finish it. Most people I know don't even bother flagging because it's annoying, and they don't want to do it multiple times in order to run normal, hard, and elite. They just use openers.
    Oh, that's easy. I didn't farm them. I just cheated. -Meghan
    Quote Originally Posted by 404error View Post
    lol, I didnt give it a QA pass.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123