Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Community Member

Default A new channel for learning raids

I accidently hijacked another thread by posting the channel in it so I figured I should just make my own thread.

Our new channel is designed to help people, mainly newer ones, learn raids, learn how to lead raids, and teach people that you can be much more successful in a party if you work together. I've been leading raids for PUGs for awhile now, but have learned to really enjoy it. We rarely, two times in eChrono when we had bard DPS - and one barb - or no arcane, fail the raids we post, and I think a lot of people are really starting to pick up the little tricks that make raiding easier.

If you are interested in helping Orien become a better server, not just gearing yourself out at the cost of others, please join us by simply typing the following into your little chat box:

/joinchannel PanthrosPack Marquis

Capitalization is important as are the spaces. If you have any questions, I will be sure to answer them here or in game on Indolore/Verlichte/Peluche

__________________________________________________ ____________
    What the channel has done:
    We regularly do epic elite Chrono, never have CC and usually run two healers - if we can get a real second healer it's an even bigger bonus!

So many ToDs my head hurts, we don't run them as much since people have moved on. Elite and everything else.

HoX/VoD on elite whenever someone really needs them.

LoB on epic hard, did it once for favor on normal elite. Epic elite, some day...

MA we don't run this much as there is little demand.

Abbot, always a fun time.

VoN if people want it.

CitW - this will happen as soon as Turbine let's me level up to 25. So, probably never.
    Last edited by Masadique; 09-27-2012 at 08:09 PM.

I'm not worried about hijacking. All is forgiven.

/joined!
    PLEASE FIX LAG. PLEASE FIX BUGS.

hugs (with hands showing since panthro is territorial)

/joined

Gedian Greymalkin R20/e5[SD5] H N | Erdric Aendricaes FV20/e3[EA4] E LN | Vollmer Itsu P20/e3[US5] H LG | Bale Traeger B20/e2[FS4] H N | ~Thurauk D'Soronath~ A20/e2[MR3] D CG

I haz a question...

Where did the name come from? o_o

Just curious, because from a PUGer's perspective, I would find it difficult to remember this channel name.

A very good initiative though, will gladly help when available.

I've run a couple eChronos with your group (not on my healers... yet) and they went smoother than many of the Shrouds I've been in

I'll definitely be joining your channel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertay View Post
    While they were at it though, the devs decided to go on an incredible nerfhammer rampage and left nothing in their wake standing...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Isharah View Post
    I haz a question...

Where did the name come from? o_o

Just curious, because from a PUGer's perspective, I would find it difficult to remember this channel name.

A very good initiative though, will gladly help when available.
    My panther's name is Panthro. He's become a massive running joke. His lore includes, but is not limited to, being a deity whose domains are lag and all existence. If we lag in a raid, Panthro is telling us that we are doing too well and need a challenge. Panthro does not insta kill bosses because he is bound by godly laws which prevent direct aid to mortals, though he could easily kill all the bosses. In fact it's a bit odd that he listens to the laws since he could banish the other gods if he needed to.

That's about it in regards to the name.

Other options were S.E.C.K.S., though you'd have to ask Sunny as I forgot what it meant. Super Elitist Club of Knowledge Society I think... That was adapted into S.E.C.K.S.y PUGs. Then I ran an eChrono, asked if people wanted to join on a whim, got 7 people saying yes, and realized I needed to make a channel right then.

We will be running eChrono (x3), LoB, VoD, and maybe some more Firday and Saturday.

Community Member

+1

I think you will find this endeavor to be quite rewarding.

Community Member Culver.Civello's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tobril View Post
    +1

I think you will find this endeavor to be quite rewarding.
    Says the person who has a habit of influencing the loot roll. XD

Lost Legions of Sarlona................................. Tyrs Paladium of Ghallanda
    Kobay . Kobai . Artisti . Kobot . Ezike . Dynic.......................... Ezike . Kobai

Great idea.
    Unfortunately the moment I joined I was insulted and told I was an elitist and never helped anyone.
    To set this straight, I help those who are willing to learn.
    I would have enjoyed helping you:P
    ~Pele 24thLife~~Pezu FvS Sorceror Life 6/7~~Rhomp Barbarian! (Life 5/5)~~Llamafapper(Life 4/4)
    ....Can't touch this....
    -Proud Founder/Leader of The Matrix-

Pele, that noob, is an elitist? What!

roflmao.
    Toons on Orien:
    Daemonav Atreides: WF artificer (TR 2/14)////Irullan Atreides: human FvS (TR 2/?!?)////Lorrellei Atreides: human ice/acid sorcerer////Aliademon Atreides: elf PM necro/enchant wizzie (TR 2/8)

Masadique, are those eChronos happening tonight? I might have a crew that wants to tag along. All are quite competent, but not very fortunate in being able to find/participate in successful eChronos. I'd love for them to see how easy they can be.
    PLEASE FIX LAG. PLEASE FIX BUGS.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by pezuwarrior View Post
    Great idea.
    Unfortunately the moment I joined I was insulted and told I was an elitist and never helped anyone.
    To set this straight, I help those who are willing to learn.
    I would have enjoyed helping you:P
    Come back in. I'll address the issue if it comes up again.

To anyone who intends on joining this channel, the only rule is that you don't insult others. Some people are skilled and/or well geared. This doesn't always make them elitist. Some people are still unskilled and/or ungeared. This does not make the idiots.

If you can't accept other people, please go find your own place to whine because I don't want you bothering others.
    Last edited by Masadique; 04-05-2012 at 07:50 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cauthey View Post
    Masadique, are those eChronos happening tonight? I might have a crew that wants to tag along. All are quite competent, but not very fortunate in being able to find/participate in successful eChronos. I'd love for them to see how easy they can be.
    I was planning some for tomorrow. I will see how many timers I have to play with. I'll be logging on shortly if you want to send me an in game tell.

Edit: Yes, I can do one tonight. Send a tell to Verlichte please.
    Last edited by Masadique; 04-05-2012 at 07:34 PM.

Any plans for Abbot learning runs? The rare times an Abbot appears on the lfm it's the typical "know it and be awesome" lfm. Orien needs more Abbot runs!
    Orien Player: Semirasai, ~3~ L28 Drow Wizard :: Kaethe, ~5~ L13 Halfling Barb/Bard/Rog :: Esthera, ~2~ L26 Human Favored Soul
    Sophiae, L20 Drow Bard :: Kitarina, L20 Half-Orc Fighter :: Aadia, L20 Half-Elf Sorcerer :: Olesia, ~2~ L15 Sun Elf Cleric/Monk

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SemiraLynn View Post
    Any plans for Abbot learning runs? The rare times an Abbot appears on the lfm it's the typical "know it and be awesome" lfm. Orien needs more Abbot runs!
    Yes actually. Tonight. If you are interested jump in the channel. We will be doing it in an hour or so.

I noticed you were doing hard abbot and elite tod today, and i think neither succeded. If you are looking for geared people that know what to do to run with you say it clear, i cant see how you are helping people by running raids in high difficulties and of course it won't happen if people are not familiar and they joined you to 'learn'.

panthrosparty
    parthospantra
    partoparty
    panthospat
    parthospack
    parthopack

Dyslexia help. x_x

Lolz.

Quote Originally Posted by teo36 View Post
    ... i cant see how you are helping people by running raids in high difficulties and of course it won't happen if people are not familiar and they joined you to 'learn'.
    I suppose this is one of the reasons they would appreciate more experienced people in the channel, to get better at gauging and guiding groups.
    Last edited by Isharah; 04-06-2012 at 04:05 AM.

in that case

Quote Originally Posted by teo36 View Post
    If you are looking for geared people that know what to do to run with you say it clear
    lol

Default Panthro isn't declawed, so don't wear your nice pants to the party

@Ishy
    Quote Originally Posted by Masadique View Post
    please join us by simply typing the following into your little chat box:

/joinchannel PanthrosPack Marquis
    Copy-Paste and never /leavechannel!

@Teo
    Quote Originally Posted by Masadique View Post
    If you are interested in helping Orien become a better server
    I guess that's not clear enough of an invite to the experienced player to join up ;P

I've been on a wipe of elite TOD with the Obsidian Marquis, and it was a blast; we didn't run over time, there was a good mix of experienced and 'noob' players and characters; we even decided to try Suuly because everything was running so smoothly. iirc the reason we wiped was because the suuly tank (who was timing is pots perfectly) got lagbombed and took about 30 seconds worth of damage in one shot. After that suuly wouldn't settle back down on aggro and it became pointless to continue. We could have finished with no pain if we skipped optional but I think Verlichte's point of running these raids is to try and push the envelope a little, learn something new, you know? Not just get back on timer ASAP.

So, if you want to help out your fellow adventurer on Orien, want to learn more, or just want to have a fun group of puggers to challenge your skills with, follow Panthro and his 'companion' Verlichte today!

Gedian Greymalkin R20/e5[SD5] H N | Erdric Aendricaes FV20/e3[EA4] E LN | Vollmer Itsu P20/e3[US5] H LG | Bale Traeger B20/e2[FS4] H N | ~Thurauk D'Soronath~ A20/e2[MR3] D CG

Default cuz everybody wants to quiver with alacrity

Quote Originally Posted by SemiraLynn View Post
    Are you already aware of Item's Abbot and Item's Alt Abbot on Mondays and Fridays?

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast