Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by teo36 View Post
    I noticed you were doing hard abbot and elite tod today, and i think neither succeded. If you are looking for geared people that know what to do to run with you say it clear, i cant see how you are helping people by running raids in high difficulties and of course it won't happen if people are not familiar and they joined you to 'learn'.
    The Abbot run was a request from someone outside of the channel completely. I know nothing of Abbot, and don't really care about the raid. We never even filled the group, it took about an hour and I had other raids to run so we left. The elite ToD was rough. We had three new shadow kiters/tankers. It was also 3AM and Elle and I were half asleep.

I assure you elite ToD shouldn't be a problem for most pugs, someone else mentioned our near completion with opt in which we were 11 manning it and had no light monk. I refuse to do all quests on norm simply because we don't have the ideal group.

When I am helping new people I don't demand that we try things on elite/epic, but when I'm just raiding for the sake of raiding, last night, I like the mix things up. We've tried DPSless, bards were our damage, eChrono, light monkless ToD, and all kinds of other stuff. Yeah, most of it fails, but who cares? The people who join those specific raids know we aren't going for a completion so much as fun.

As I mentioned, you can either get a guaranteed completion and go on timer, or you can have some fun playing this game.

I simply prefer fun.

If you don't want to read all of that...
    Abbot and Elite ToD were not runs for the channel, they were both requested by friends.

Community Member balancetraveller's Avatar

I think it's a great initiative, but if your goal is really to help the PUG scene of Orien, I'd suggest you focusing your efforts primarily on these following raids:

* LoB
    * eADQ2
    * Abbot
    * MA

These 4 raids are currently rarely run outside of guilds and channels; most PUG people simply never ever have a chance to get into one, let alone learning 'em. So if you really wanna help, I believe these 4 raids are a great direction to take.

As for other raids (eChrono, eVon6, ToD...) their frequencies of popping up on LFM is way higher, so it's just way simpler for PUG people to join those LFMs led by experienced ones, instead of putting a bunch of newbs together then trying to haul 'em through.

Same goes for Elite ToD; people are already running Normal ToD on daily basis, and Hard ToD LFMs have also been starting to appear lately with a little bit higher frequency. It's better for newbs to join these normal or hard runs first to accumulate their experience, before going on elite finally, in lieu of trying to haul their butts through elite the first time around.

That's why a slogan like "Learning to do raids - ToD Elite tonight!" just doesn't sound right because newbs are supposed to learn on normal, not elite.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by balancetraveller View Post
    I think it's a great initiative, but if your goal is really to help the PUG scene of Orien, I'd suggest you focusing your efforts primarily on these following raids:

* LoB
    * eADQ2
    * Abbot
    * MA

These 4 raids are currently rarely run outside of guilds and channels; most PUG people simply never ever have a chance to get into one, let alone learning 'em. So if you really wanna help, I believe these 4 raids are a great direction to take.

As for other raids (eChrono, eVon6, ToD...) their frequencies of popping up on LFM is way higher, so it's just way simpler for PUG people to join those LFMs led by experienced ones, instead of putting a bunch of newbs together then trying to haul 'em through.

Same goes for Elite ToD; people are already running Normal ToD on daily basis, and Hard ToD LFMs have also been starting to appear lately with a little bit higher frequency. It's better for newbs to join these normal or hard runs first to accumulate their experience, before going on elite finally, in lieu of trying to haul their butts through elite the first time around.

That's why a slogan like "Learning to do raids - ToD Elite tonight!" just doesn't sound right because newbs are supposed to learn on normal, not elite.
    We run LoB and MA about twice a week, as many timers as I have flagged. These are both entirely PUGed. eADQ is one of the meanest raids for new people and is very dependent on party comp/gear. I would love to do Abbots more, and have been doing it as much as I can to learn it, I rarely run it.

ToD isn't really a raid you need on elite unless you want favor or the challenge. Once again, when I do raids like that they are not to teach people, they are for my enjoyment. The hard VoD with one healer was just for fun. I am not a saint, I won't be doing every run for the benefit of other people, some times I like to just play the game.

For people who have been joining the channel, thank you for coming in and helping out. I do want to reiterate that this channel is not just to fill raids. It is to allow newer people to meet up with more experienced ones who can show them the ropes. If you are going into the raid as a well geared person with the intentions of looting all that you can, a few people have done this, please get the hell out of the channel.

It really rubs me the wrong way to see someone loot something they may not even use when, for instance the LoB a few days ago someone pulled an essence because someone else pulled theirs then told us how they already have one and all the other essences but they might make more some day, we have 6-11 completely ungeared guys drooling.

It's a team game guys, start acting like it.

Completions with channel so far:

1 LoB
    1 MA
    3 eChrono
    1 VoD

Thank you to everyone who joined us for these first 3 days!

Let's see if I can make room for this channel on my list. Is there some interest in VoN5-6?

I really like leading VoN5, and there's a lot happening to explain.

Probably I'd aim for a von6 elite completion rather than an Epic one, if that's ok.
    Toons on Orien: Meinir // Flodur // Twiddler // Thorkar // Impetor // Juliacantor // Minor all Soko Irrlicht
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We may or may not intentionally insert in red herrings, purple mackerels, or horses of different colors. Void where prohibited. Not available in all planes of existence.

The Crafting Mogul
    Hero and Host of DDO Chat

This is a great idea, have heard of this on other servers and would love to participate on Orien.
    /joined.
    The Crafting Mogul of Orien!, Yuupppp!! .:. Join The Craze - http://www.ddochat.com
    Proud to be part of what is, sad at the closure of what was, and grateful to have called it home...
    Proudly Canadian, and just providing my $0.02 cents. ($0.025 USD )

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by karl_k0ch View Post
    Let's see if I can make room for this channel on my list. Is there some interest in VoN5-6?

I really like leading VoN5, and there's a lot happening to explain.

Probably I'd aim for a von6 elite completion rather than an Epic one, if that's ok.
    I would LOVE it if you could lead some VoN5s. VoN6 on epic is doable due to the sheer number of great bards we have around. I know people would enjoy doing something else. Please send me a tell or mail in game and we can figure out some details.

Quote Originally Posted by Masadique View Post
    I would LOVE it if you could lead some VoN5s. VoN6 on epic is doable due to the sheer number of great bards we have around. I know people would enjoy doing something else. Please send me a tell or mail in game and we can figure out some details.
    Bards are never the problem - I have two myself. However, with an inexperienced party, there is so much which can go wrong with eVelanh herself:
    - Healers not conserving SP,
    - DPS being too slow for the healer's blue bars,
    - People not taking care of eggs
    - chew toy being a sponge
    - lag (this is ofc a thing which can happen to any group, but it's a question of robustness)
    Toons on Orien: Meinir // Flodur // Twiddler // Thorkar // Impetor // Juliacantor // Minor all Soko Irrlicht
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We may or may not intentionally insert in red herrings, purple mackerels, or horses of different colors. Void where prohibited. Not available in all planes of existence.

Community Member

Bards are never the problem - I have two myself. However, with an inexperienced party, there is so much which can go wrong with eVelanh herself:
    - lag (this is ofc a thing which can happen to any group, but it's a question of robustness)
    Such little faith good sir! We shall show you how to PUG.

I highlighted in Cyan the most common problems I've had with PUGs. Oh well.

Cheers to the oldies.

Community Member

Default Grrrreat initiative

I sure will join this channel , mostly for learning and help out when i can.

Regards Mirv

Gallina is going through her magical mystery tour of melee lives atm, but I have some pi- melee toons that I can come along with if you're short on experienced hands. I dont really have room for more channels, but if I see something like "learning" in your lfm i'll try and hit it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Torc View Post
    We like the fact it’s a choice as suppose to, “hell we just kill yonder dragon cause we’re OP”.
    Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    I say we take off and nerf the whole game from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

XXX

Good luck to all.
    Last edited by Isharah; 04-10-2012 at 01:31 PM.

Glad to hear you guys had fun last night in LoB. Aell was laughing her wraps off.

I'll keep my barb off timer for the next one.

ciao,
    a

Community Member

An update on what the channel has done:

Around 12 LoBs (one on hard just for fun)

30ish eChronos

VoN6 once, I'd never lead it so we just tried and it worked splendidly - awesome healers and Pointless saved what should've been a wipe.

MA a few dozen times because people love this raid.

Abbot a few times - not lead be myself.

VoDs on elite every once and awhile.

Basically, you can PUG everything and this channel is proving it.

Default mouse

if you give a mouse a cookie its going to ask for milk .

Serious note thank you for helping the newer players learn raids
    massivheals / massivsponge - Orien server
    Member of Blood bath and Beyond
    Guild webpage-
    http://www.guildportal.com/Guild.asp...&TabID=3674790

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Quilny View Post
    if you give a mouse a cookie its going to ask for milk .

Serious note thank you for helping the newer players learn raids
    You've reported my characters, and flame a lot of the people who are in this channel. Why are you posting here? We used to be on speaking terms, and I liked you as a person back then.

I would appreciate if you didn't post further in this thread.

Plane of Night, having a brew with my wifey Velah

Not trying to bash anyone here...

Few days ago tried to join your evon6. I applied and shortly afterwards got declined. Yes the Lfm was open and as far as I know I have been courteous while in your channel. Waited around and got no tells whatsover. So not sure what I did wrong.

I suggest next time you decline someone you can at least tell them why and what did they do wrong or that you simply changed your mind and set the lfm to reserved or something.

I do not mean to sound offensive. You just seemed like a cool guy and got surprised by being declined randomly and receiving any tells.

Cheers

-Noops
    The Fight Club - Orien.
    Xcaltar: WF Barbarian 25. Ilithius: WF Artificer 17 / 2 Monk. Searth: Human Favoured Soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Noopleh View Post
    Not trying to bash anyone here...

Few days ago tried to join your evon6. I applied and shortly afterwards got declined. Yes the Lfm was open and as far as I know I have been courteous while in your channel. Waited around and got no tells whatsover. So not sure what I did wrong.

I suggest next time you decline someone you can at least tell them why and what did they do wrong or that you simply changed your mind and set the lfm to reserved or something.

I do not mean to sound offensive. You just seemed like a cool guy and got surprised by being declined randomly and receiving any tells.

Cheers

-Noops
    In my experience people don't generally send tells with why.
    If you are curious, you should send a tell to the person, but be nice about it and don't get insulted by what they have to say. It may be they didn't need another of your class or it may be that they myddo-ed you and you were not up to snuff.

You should send a PM to the lead, but by now he might not remember why you were declined. It's better than posting in his thread.
    Toons on Orien:
    Daemonav Atreides: WF artificer (TR 2/14)////Irullan Atreides: human FvS (TR 2/?!?)////Lorrellei Atreides: human ice/acid sorcerer////Aliademon Atreides: elf PM necro/enchant wizzie (TR 2/8)

Blogger and Hatchery Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council
    Texas - the most "MURICA!" part of 'murica! rawr

Quote Originally Posted by Masadique View Post
    VoN6 once, I'd never lead it so we just tried and it worked splendidly - awesome healers and Pointless saved what should've been a wipe.
    wait... i did? what'd i do? all i remember doing was running 2 laps singing, and getting summoned back to air base about 6 times >.<

the official home of LOLWUT

LONG LIVE R.O.G.U.E ! Pay2Win AND PROUD
    Q: how do you get me to instantly appear in a thread? A: ask a bard question!

Quote Originally Posted by deahamlet View Post
    In my experience people don't generally send tells with why.
    If you are curious, you should send a tell to the person, but be nice about it and don't get insulted by what they have to say. It may be they didn't need another of your class or it may be that they myddo-ed you and you were not up to snuff.

You should send a PM to the lead, but by now he might not remember why you were declined. It's better than posting in his thread.
    I ALWAYS send a tell explaining why I declined someone Don't want anyone hatin' on me:P
    ~Pele 24thLife~~Pezu FvS Sorceror Life 6/7~~Rhomp Barbarian! (Life 5/5)~~Llamafapper(Life 4/4)
    ....Can't touch this....
    -Proud Founder/Leader of The Matrix-

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast