Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by garlor View Post
    so I see the main reason for most people are the tomes of learning, anyone has a good reason to buy the 30$ pack?

and thx for the answers
    Epic Destinies is a pretty strong selling point for me as well. Your progress beyond level 20 is dependant upon having that.

The $30 bundle gives you the 3 new quests, Epic Destinies, and a lesser tome (which is still nice). Each of those things purchased separately will total more than $30.00.

Quote Originally Posted by Crann View Post
    Epic Destinies is a pretty strong selling point for me as well. Your progress beyond level 20 is dependant upon having that.

The $30 bundle gives you the 3 new quests, Epic Destinies, and a lesser tome (which is still nice). Each of those things purchased separately will total more than $30.00.
    Edit: Forgot the free greater xp potion per character and one for each new character forever.

I'm in this game for the long haul. It's conceivable I'll continue to play it 10 years from now.

That said, I wanted druid, and I wanted to go to Forgotten Realms. Both alone were worth the price of admission for me.

I also wanted epic levels, though that wasn't the key selling point for me. But the learning tomes are definitely a nice thing to have - especially on a 3rd life character, which is what I'm working on right now.
    Cannith:
    Brigette; Warlock12/Monk3(14th life) || Aoeryn; Wiz20(3rd life).

Community Member

I bought the $30 pre-order.

I don't care about cosmetics.
    I don't care about the packs.
    I play a max of 4 characters and don't create more, so I don't need tomes4life.

I don't want to wait 2 months to play the new content.
    Played on Sarlona:
    Incrediberry
    Saurfang

Default Yes, I bought it

Only reason I went with the $80 CE was the tomes; if you have multiple toons and TR a lot they are totally worth it.

If tomes hadn't been there I still would have bought the $30 base version. I like the game and see myself continuing playing for quite some time, so having new stuff to play is a great prospect. There is no question in my mind I would have bought the expansion stuff at some point anyway just like I bought everything else in the game. Finally, I wanted to be able to play exp content at relise instead of having to wait for almost two months, especially since come September my play time will be considerably less.
    Server: Ghallanda
    Characters: Lewing 20 Fighter, Lewinn 18 Bard/2 Fighter, Lewktgul 12 Barbarian, Lewiv 20 Wizard, Lewrak 12 Cleric, Lewyin 20 Monk

For me, it was a spur of the moment ''Omg! DDO's first expansion! Must have it noaawww!"

It wasn't until later that I realized that I may have bought something that could be filled with bugs, not worth it, etc.

Well here is to hoping. The xp tome was nice, along with guarantee beta access, and getting the content in June instead of August I guess too.
    Samurai Pizza Cats
    Pewf - Koeta

Community Member

I'm f2p and own all the quests. I bought 11400 points (triple point sale) for $59.99 on Mar 30 and going to use them to buy MotU when it's released with plenty of points for any other quests released throughout the year and maybe next year too.

I bought the CE because I said I would if it contained the Druid class. I am a forum troll of my word.

Really though, the CE gave me the option to buy the 11k point pack, which takes care of my TP needs (theoretically) through 2013 when you factor in how much of the 2012 content I also purchased. Throw on the bonus xp to the many, many alts I have (and will have) that have languished below lvl 6 while I got my first character to cap and FvS favor (about 20 months of work).

The free panther gold seal hireling saves me a bit of TP and the exclusive creature companions are fun.

Thats why I bought the CE.
    The problem is never how to get new, innovative thoughts into your mind, but how to get old ones out. Every mind is a building filled with archaic furniture. Clean out a corner of your mind and creativity will instantly fill it.
    Dee Hock

I'm somewhat interested in the expansion but so far the information I have about what it will contain is aproximately 0, no screenshots, no videos no amount of quests it will contain, in short is like marrying with someone I have never seen nor talked to, so I'd like to know why people who has preordered it has done so, most specifically the 30$ version since this one gives no actual benefit
    I preordered it because it's the first expansion to come to DDO, and I know turbine will make an amazing thing. Also, even If I am VIP, someday if I cant pay the subscription, I would have the basic packs and the druid to keep going a while until I pay the subscription again. Its also to show my appreciation to the developers for making this amazing game. I've been here since the beginning and it's the only game I play really (I occasionally log on and play LOTRO or console games) but DDO is my main.

As for screenshots, there are quite a few out there... Look for them. There are druid screenshots, druid transformation video, some quest screenshots, etc. They have some of em on the motu webpage if you wanna look. As for amount of quests. Judging by the name, the fact its an expansion and not an update or Mod which adds few stuff; it's gonna be big. I wouldnt worry. Also, they mentioned after initial release that they'd add more content for update 14, so eventually, or maybe even initially, MotU may be as big as the initial Stormreach mod when DDO came out.
    Last edited by Zyerz; 04-05-2012 at 12:28 PM.

"Hikari datte, yami datte, kitto"

Into light, into darkness, surely.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    As a VIP I wasn't interested in the bundled packs and even less interested in the OUTRAGE!!! posts about VIP's being shafted yet again because other people get stuff that we already have.

But I was interested in the Greater Learning Tomes and the Lesser Learning Tomes for all of my other characters in perpetuity.

Simple arithmetic and it was all I needed to justify the purchase. Apparently there are some drow-related quests coming in June that you get for free with the Tomes too, which is nice.

PS - If you can marry someone, then divorce them if you decide you don't like the look of them, and both events together only costs you $30 then you're a legend.
    ^ This.

I bought the deluxe package even though the included action packs are worse than useless to me and I don't really care about cosmentic pets.

I saw a figure of 950TP/lesser tome of learning. Rounding this to 1000TP I calculated that the 21,000TP just for my 21 Alts on Orien (I have at least 2 Alts on each server) cost a lot more than the expansion. If I waited and saved my 500TP allowance it would take 3 1/2 years to get that amount.

Besides, it was fun taking the Onyx Figurine into Korthos to relive it's kittenhood
    Last edited by Hambo; 04-05-2012 at 12:31 PM.
    Carpe D.M.! (Sieze the Dungeon Master!)
    Founder #2003 - Interocitor Repair - Call for discount prices

Support turbine learning tomes spider mask Pets beta

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

I did not pre-order the bundle.

I did buy one Greater Tome of Learning.

I guess my priorities are different.
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

I'm somewhat interested in the expansion but so far the information I have about what it will contain is aproximately 0, no screenshots, no videos no amount of quests it will contain, in short is like marrying with someone I have never seen nor talked to, so I'd like to know why people who has preordered it has done so, most specifically the 30$ version since this one gives no actual benefit
    I bought it because I have liked everything Turbine have brought out since I started playing, to a greater or lesser extent. I think your marriage analogy is flawed, since you're already familiar with DDO in the main. We have no reason to believe the expansion will be radically different, and I have no reason not to trust Turbine based on previous form. I think if you want a more successful analogy perhaps it's like buying a car from a manufacturer whose cars you already know and use.

I bought it because I support the game. If turbine sold an expansion that included only a pile of manure and stuff I would get for free anyway I would still buy it. Oh wait, I did... guess I proved my point.

Quote Originally Posted by Phesic View Post
    I think a good term is "Nuber": A Newb who thinks he's uber.

I wanted access to the Epic Levels when it comes out without delay...

Oh and the Pets too.

J1NG
    Thelanis: Yijing (*Completionist* TR 17 36 Point Warforged Monk Level 20 / Epic Level 8)
    Thelanis: Pocket-Monks: Sightblur, Peashoote, Jigglypath.
    Invisible Fences, unkillable Target Practice Dummy's, Shared Bank's, Pale Lavender Ioun Stones, the dimensional barrier between Eberron and Shavarath, I've broken them all...

Quote Originally Posted by nyxianne View Post
    motu will have what looks like at least 3 new packs (1 being a raid),
    ftfy

Yes I bought the expansion pack in fact I bought two Collectors Editions, both with the 11k TP, and two of the $40 packs. All but one CE were gifts for family and friends.

Why? Why not! I am VIP which means I normally can'buy quest packs, this allowed me to buy the quests; plus all the perks and access prior to August etc... it was a good deal
    Last edited by Drakos; 04-05-2012 at 02:35 PM.

I'm VIP and bought the $30 pre-order. Why?

Tome of Learning:
    I primarily play one main character that I really like, so with the $30 pack I got a lesser tome of learning. I combined this with an upgrade to a greater tome when Turbine had a 50% sale on the upgrade. As soon as I had that, I TRd immediately and have been having fun leveling up since. I have no need for multiple tomes on multiple characters, so the one tome worked great for me. Any other character I make will likely stay a first life toon.

New Content
    I want to play the new content when it first comes out. I don't want to wait until August, get into groups where everyone already knows the content inside and out and you just spend your time running to keep up. Instead, I want to form up parties and guide/lead/experience them with a group of other people who haven't played them either. The quality of the quests that Turbine has been making lately, including the three new ones, have been excellent! So my expectation is that the new adventures in the Forgotten Realms will be awesome as well. Also, once my character gets into the Forgotten Realms, I'm not going back to Eberron
    Aryk Stoutheart, Paladin - Sarlona
    Rindyl Twirliblade, Elven Swashbuckler - Sarlona
    Vyyndar Stoutheart, Vanguard Paladin - Argo

Bought Collector's Edition. Between the tomes of learning and black panthers that was a no-brainer.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast