Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Community Member

Default have you preordered MotU? why?

I'm somewhat interested in the expansion but so far the information I have about what it will contain is aproximately 0, no screenshots, no videos no amount of quests it will contain, in short is like marrying with someone I have never seen nor talked to, so I'd like to know why people who has preordered it has done so, most specifically the 30$ version since this one gives no actual benefit

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Default Learning Tomes did it for me

As a VIP I wasn't interested in the bundled packs and even less interested in the OUTRAGE!!! posts about VIP's being shafted yet again because other people get stuff that we already have.

But I was interested in the Greater Learning Tomes and the Lesser Learning Tomes for all of my other characters in perpetuity.

Simple arithmetic and it was all I needed to justify the purchase. Apparently there are some drow-related quests coming in June that you get for free with the Tomes too, which is nice.

PS - If you can marry someone, then divorce them if you decide you don't like the look of them, and both events together only costs you $30 then you're a legend.
    Last edited by Deadlock; 04-05-2012 at 07:00 AM.

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

I'm a DDO addict. There is new stuff, therefore I buy. Am I smart? No. Addict? Yes.

Anyway, I bought the CE because it also gave me lesser tomes of learning for my altoholic tendencies. Me likey.

Also... I've purchased games I saw SS's from, and read much more about before. Most of them actually ended up falling very short of the expectations I got from the promotion material. So I don't put much store in that kind of stuff anymore.*

* Case in point: SW: TOR.
    It's definitely an N-word.

Default Tomes

i have alot of alts and having xp tomes and an xp potion every time you reincarnate is fantastic
    Elemo IronCast - Patorikku Yama - Happyfruit Wardancer - Toysoldier - Wookiee ~Ghallanda~

Stop thinking and "Trust in the Devs"

I bought it because it was there.
    My demands are simple. Ducks, penguins and tortoises as pets. I'll buy hats and bow-ties for them all.

Community Member

Smile Famous pictures answers it ...

______
    Attached Images Attached Images
    EU player since release, US player since winter 2009.

no..because dIII, nwn ol and gw2 are coming..and they cost less then 80 to buy..

yes.. because this is the only dnd mmo out there before nwn ol release...
    dance in the wind, die in the wind.

Quote Originally Posted by windchant View Post
    no..because dIII, nwn ol and gw2 are coming..and they cost less then 80 to buy.
    So does the expansion.

Yes here, the tomes alone were worth it.

Yes, because the new games doesn't interest me much and I usually pre-o xpac from the game I'm currently playing. Also I like the fluff..
    Sarlona : The Quebeckers - Soloing, Duoing or Small Group in french
    Thelanis : Sofa Kings - Yes, we are that cool

Quote Originally Posted by Crann View Post
    So does the expansion.

Yes here, the tomes alone were worth it.
    true, according to the price set by turbine they "worth" it. but do you really need exp tome, pet, hireling and mask to play this game? i don't think so.. though i did buy it, because i want druid and i can't wait
    dance in the wind, die in the wind.

I don't think is has been mentioned before in this thread, but...

Learning Tomes. Lots of them.
    Magical Rings are well... magical. - Gandalf

Default Here's a link.

http://underdark.ddo.com/en/info

A link to what's in the new expansion. Plus, once I find it again, there's a link somewhere showing a lil video of the druid class transforming.. I'll add it once I find it.

But in case you don't want to clicky, MotU will have what looks like at least 3 new quests (1 being a raid), the long awaited Druid class, more challenge quests, and the long awaited rise from lvl 20-25. Plus it's not a mandatory rise, you can still stay lvl 20 and TR!

As far as why I bought the preorder, I'm not ashamed to say a large part of it was the creature companions! They're freakin' adorable! Oh and the learning tomes were cool too.

Edit: Found the Druid transformy link! http://underdark.ddo.com/druid
    And as a bonus, a link to a thread with what looks like accurate speculation on what the druid spells will be: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...23#post4347623
    Last edited by Nyxianne; 04-05-2012 at 07:49 AM.
    Orien Characters: Indolent, Rubyescence, MumboJumbo, Humdrum, Wynelle, Lexiann, and a handful of others.
    One of these days my big mouth is going to get me into trouble :P.

The greater tomes of learning were a major reason for grabbing the expansion. It's made leveling a legend toon a bit less painful.

Also, the big cat is the best hireling in the game, bar-none.

Additionally, the new content has me curious.
    Last edited by Ziindarax; 04-05-2012 at 09:13 AM.
    Ziind Stargazer - Level 12 fighter/6 Barbarian/2 rogue Half-Orc (Neutral Good) - Formerly a level 20 Paladin Human - Orien

Fernian Summer Carnival

Community Member

Finally having some new stuff for my capped characters to do and being able to 'level' them again + lesser tome of learning for every character now and in the future + level 20 gold-seal panther for every character now and in the future + (+1 to all skills) cosmetic mask for every character now and in the future > $80 in my book.

If it was just the expansion, I probably wouldn't have pre-ordered.

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    *Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

Quote Originally Posted by windchant View Post
    true, according to the price set by turbine they "worth" it. but do you really need exp tome, pet, hireling and mask to play this game? i don't think so.. though i did buy it, because i want druid and i can't wait
    You don't NEED anything of these things to play the game, or even NEED to play the game at all.

Those things sure are nice though.

Grind out a few lives, and then place a point value on a Greater Learning tome.

The collector's edition package is not for everyone, and some may not find the value in it that others do.

But a question was asked, and I answered it. I valued that package enough to purchase it. If it were not for the package, I would have waited for the content to be released before paying for it.

I enjoy the game and love the Realms outright more than DDO, the big pack speeds up leveling of alts that I play when my static group isn't around, and I get to see the beta and the enhancement trees earlier.

If Turbine screws up the Realms, I may end up really annoyed.
    Aeolwind (5/12) - 18 Sorc/1 Art | Melisandria - 20 Fighter SD | Anlona - 20 cleric RS

nope, haven't purchased it yet. still mostly on the fence about it.
    1) i kinda like the perqs that come with the $80 package.
    2) I'd rather buy the stuff piecemeal than do the $30 package.
    3) i'd kick myself if i bought the middle package and didn't pony up
    the extra dough for the CE.

I haven't been entirely happy with the direction the game has gone
    lately so I feel it would be financially irresponsible of me to spend more money on
    the game when it is entirely likely I won't be playing past the completion of my current project.
    The Office of the Exchequer. 1750 on all live servers via Pure pugging. Thank you very much to all who helped carry a gimp . (wayfinder was a soloist build)

Community Member moomooprincess's Avatar

Default Yes, I bought it

1. I had been a VIP and recently dropped to Premium.

2. I needed all of the packs but one. I forget which one(Sentinels?), the rest I needed. Still, after purchase I have yet to run them because I already ran them when I was VIP.

3. I am money ahead by purchasing the pack because for one year I would have paid $120, I just paid $80 and I have a ton of stuff to run, I still save $40.

4. For the $80 I was given TWO tomes of greater learning since I bought before all the bug fixes.

5. For $80 I was given 2000 TP, which is no big deal. But a little kicker.

Moral of the story, I was fortunate that I recently went to Premium and this happened. It just seemed like to good of a deal to pass up. No idea what the point of a companion is at this time. But I want to BUY that kobold companion.
    Recipemaker Guild: Top Chef School of Recipes

Event Statistics: Risia, Festivult, Midwinter, Daily Dice, Mimic Hunt

Community Member

so I see the main reason for most people are the tomes of learning, anyone has a good reason to buy the 30$ pack?

and thx for the answers

I bought it for the Tomes of learning.
    It helped my decision to buy with them screaming "Buy now for immediate in-game bonuses!" on every ad..

So I did.
    But those "immediate" in game bonuses were more like.. "wait a while so we can fix this" bonuses, which EVENTUALLY became "immediate" when they were fixed and working as intended.

Do I regret it?
    Nope. TR'ing is far less painful with the xp bonuses. It was a good investment for that alone.
    The new content will be here when it gets here, and I'll get excited after:

1. They release it.
    2. Beta testing is done and bug reports are submitted.
    3. It goes live.
    4. Our forumites find the bugs.
    5. Turbine fixes it.
    6. Turbine fixes their "fixes"
    7. It becomes playable for the most part.
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast