Community Member

Default Construct Essence - Add Visual Effect

I'm uncertain if there is a topic around currently addressing this suggestion but...

As the feat says:

"Construct Essence -
    You are on the path to becoming a self-forged, augmenting yourself by replacing some of your weak flesh. You are still considered your original race (at this time), gaining 50% healing from Repair spells but suffering a -25% penalty to positive energy healing. In addition, you now take 50% damage from rust effects. "

I submit for consideration the idea of adding some sort of flavorful cosmetic effect to be applied to characters who take this feat not like that of dragonmarks, but more construct-like. Like dragonmarks, players should have the option of being able to turn them on/off.
    Last edited by UrbanPyro; 07-01-2014 at 10:11 AM.
    ~Aetherierlla~ | ~Alioria~ | ~Ausla~ | ~Blitzclank~ | ~Boomclank~ | ~Sputtering~
    Endgame; Sarlona

Blogger and Hatchery Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council
    Texas - the most "MURICA!" part of 'murica! rawr

/signed

the official home of LOLWUT

LONG LIVE R.O.G.U.E ! Pay2Win AND PROUD
    Q: how do you get me to instantly appear in a thread? A: ask a bard question!

Quote Originally Posted by UrbanPyro View Post
    I'm uncertain if there is a topic around currently addressing this suggestion but...

As the feat says:

"Construct Essence -
    You are on the path to becoming a self-forged, augmenting yourself by replacing some of your weak flesh. You are still considered your original race (at this time), gaining 50% healing from Repair spells but suffering a -25% penalty to positive energy healing. In addition, you now take 50% damage from rust effects. "

I submit for consideration the idea of adding some sort of flavorful cosmetic effect to be applied to characters who take this feat not like that of dragonmarks, but more construct-like. Like dragonmarks, players should have the option of being able to turn them on/off.
    Savants already provide an existing basis for such modifications, so while perhaps a bit more complex, it should theoretically not be too difficult an addition. And it'd definitely add a lot of charm to the feat- as well as letting other players be able to tell with a look if they can repair you or not, much as with shrouds and heals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraphim View Post
    Fly? That would break every quest in the game. You would see folks falling from the sky in Korthos and dying. It would be a rain of newbs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    Yeah. It's not "we nuked the city from orbit", it's "the city experienced a brief population drop". Check.

Community Member

A lot of non-Wf Artificers already look like they've been graphically altered into cyborgs
    Don't talk to me about realism, you're posting in a fantasy role-playing game forum.

Community Member

Deleted.
    Last edited by UrbanPyro; 04-01-2014 at 01:31 PM.
    ~Aetherierlla~ | ~Alioria~ | ~Ausla~ | ~Blitzclank~ | ~Boomclank~ | ~Sputtering~
    Endgame; Sarlona

/signed

Love the idea!
    Quote Originally Posted by 404error View Post
    there will always be bugs in DDO it will never be bug free at any point in its lifetime.