Default What will happen to the ToD sets?

So, as most know, there are items sets that you can get in the Devils of Shavarath pack that gives you bonuses based on what prestige enhancement you have. My question/topic is this: What will happen to them when the new enhancement system, which allows a toon to have more than one PrE per class (to put it simply) goes live a few months from now?
    Last edited by HatsuharuZ; 04-04-2012 at 08:57 PM. Reason: edited for spelling and clarity

Well to start with they will be unbelievably bugged but after 6 months of complaints...

Nothing... it will kick in on X points spent in a tree or a specific tree tier.
    “If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.”

Quote Originally Posted by HatsuharuZ View Post
    new enhancement system, which allows a toon to have more than on PrE (to put it simply)
    Do you have a link to that? All I heard is new user interface for enhancements.

I assume you meant more than on PrE per class, as you already can have more than on PrE on a multi-class character.
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

Founder

Quote Originally Posted by brian14 View Post

I assume you meant more than on PrE per class, as you already can have more than on PrE on a multi-class character.
    Somewhere in this huge thread they eventually start talking about that

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=357100

Sorry I can't be more specific.

Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    The PrE's aren't entirely open to all classes at this time - the restriction of you can only have one PrE from one class is going away.

However, each race will be able to take a racial enhancement to unlock a tree associated with a class - Dwarves can select Stalwart Defender, Elves can take Arcane Archer, and so on.
    ^This is the pertinent dev quote. I am continually surprised everytime someone says they thought the enhancment revamp is just a visual ui revamp. I note that is not exactly what you said but they have soooo many changes in store for us with this redoing of the enhancments it boggles the mind. While I hope that most characters come away from the changes not only viable but possibly improved... i fear many deep multiclassed characters may be broken.

The largest problem with their proposed changes that I can discern is their arbitrary shoe-horning of general class enhancemnts into PrE trees, forcing you to lock-in a tree if you want some of your basic class enhancements that previously were not tied to a PrE just the class in general.
    "Its not D&D anymore, more D$D." -- Brannigan
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Probably, instead of tier 3, they'll require the capstone (if the capstone is not linked with class levels), or 41+ AP spent on the tree.
    Main: Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist [<o>]

Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

http://ddowiki.com/page/In_development

I love the wiki, and the people who work on it. Don't you? ^_^

Default Don't see it changing much...

either you have the requirement for the bonus now or you don't?

will be the same after the overhaul.

most Prestige bonuses on the ToD set are tied to the Tier 3 level... which if you get to T3 in any Prestige... you've only have 1 in the first place.

I've got a Tier 2 Rogue Assassin / Tier 1 Fighter Kensei... the Rogue Assassin set is one of the most useless sets to me... It's bonus is based on T3 Assassin and it's Sneak Attack doesn't stack with Rogue SA.

Thus Rogue Mechanic is way more useful... hell any of Barbarian set would blow away the Assassin set at the moment.

Unless they change the requirements for the Prestiges... and base them more on Action Points and not feat based as many builds are feat starved as it is, some of them may not change much...

although you would just miss a T3 Assassin T2 Mechanic T2 Acrobat & Capstone on a pure Rogue at 84AP [but poorly laid out enhancements]... but it looks like you could probably do a combo of any 2 of the Rogue Prestiges though.
    You know I had been using the Superior Sarcasm font exclusively but it seems in a unannounced hotfix they slipped in the Sovereign Sarcasm font... keep up the good work guys!

Default Not toons please.

We have characters not toons.
    The new enhancement tree will build on what our character has accomplished and we can build on it.
    Last edited by Zorth; 04-04-2012 at 11:17 PM. Reason: wrong thread some sort of bug happened. I was on a diffrent thread and the forum bug happend.

wrong thread, what just happend?
    The Blood of the Red Dragon

More min/maxing anyone...?

Should be fun to see what builds become obsolete after 8 hours (i.e. the launch)

likely one of these will happen..

1) they buff and make them useful.. so everyone will be running battlefield again.. and we will find boot mat farming team every hour..

2)tod? whats tod? ring? set? never heard of it... XD
    dance in the wind, die in the wind.

It would be nice if they would finally add FVS sets, Arti set, and allow you to change the +1 Exc. Str/Dex/Con/Wis (...) on Savant rings to +1 Exc. Cha.

But they are not going to do anything to TOD sets.