Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by parowan View Post
    One of the less well known facts of DDO is that the rogue skill boost actually applies to the /rolleyes function.
    Fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraphim View Post
    Fly? That would break every quest in the game. You would see folks falling from the sky in Korthos and dying. It would be a rain of newbs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    Yeah. It's not "we nuked the city from orbit", it's "the city experienced a brief population drop". Check.

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Guild_thief

Here. While I can't ever approve of the item-steal idea, if you're looking for a (prestige) class that works with loot boosts and the sort, the opening up of the Forgotten Realms setting gives us the opportunity to make it work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraphim View Post
    Fly? That would break every quest in the game. You would see folks falling from the sky in Korthos and dying. It would be a rain of newbs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    Yeah. It's not "we nuked the city from orbit", it's "the city experienced a brief population drop". Check.

Well, this was indeed as fun as I imagined . Fueling the fires did work a bit.
    There were two things I wanted to achieve.

1. after reading another blog that was agin all loot drama, I was thinking how the rogue in a pnp group I was in always was trying to steal stuff from us and how fun that was. But what some players forget with ddo is that most of the time it isn't your local group of mates. And that most players all have personal goals. Actually that is why if my mates don't play I usually solo.--> succes

2.Since it was in the suggestion group I was hoping that it would also attract some rogue fans who would throw in a few good ideas. And actually the first reply was already a good one. an alteration of the loot stuff so it work for a party.--> suuces, although I think there is still space for more ideas, since rogue's are a bit a mix of everything mybe a few high level enhancements that would make them more usefull at high llevels for supporting the party in some more.

last idea as a suggestion is a seperate thread for those who can't stop ranting abgout loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagolar View Post
    One of the less well known facts of DDO is that the rogue skill boost actually applies to the /rolleyes function.
    Fixed.
    Hey, how do you think rogues end up with claw sets, eSoS, and encrusted rings? It isn't just aggro that rogues steal

Seriously though, the best suggestions along these lines are ones that've been made many times:

1) allow assassination in PvP;

2) give rogues the pickpocket skill - if they succeed on an NPC they get semi-random selection of collectibles & loot, (some rare drops being decent enough that they're worth farming) if they fail they get fined. Used on PCs they can only plunder plat, and the other player gets a notification if the rogue fails and the rogue can't try picking that PCs pocket again for a week. The victim makes a reflex check against the rogue's skill. Amount of plat plundered is function of skill level, with caps in place depending on the victim's level. And perhaps it shouldn't be allowed in Korthos!

Hey, how do you think rogues end up with claw sets, eSoS, and encrusted rings? It isn't just aggro that rogues steal

Seriously though, the best suggestions along these lines are ones that've been made many times:

1) allow assassination in PvP;

2) give rogues the pickpocket skill - if they succeed on an NPC they get semi-random selection of collectibles & loot, (some rare drops being decent enough that they're worth farming) if they fail they get fined. Used on PCs they can only plunder plat, and the other player gets a notification if the rogue fails and the rogue can't try picking that PCs pocket again for a week. The victim makes a reflex check against the rogue's skill. Amount of plat plundered is function of skill level, with caps in place depending on the victim's level. And perhaps it shouldn't be allowed in Korthos!
    to 1:
    Since you can't hide from players, that would pretty much be useless, and it would be stopped by deathblock which most people will wear somewhere anyways.

to 2:
    Rare drops only available to people that get this pickpocket idea, e.g. rogues, is something I'd hate to see, since it favors one class to much, even so much, that it excludes other people from even trying for it, unless they somehow splash rogues. At best, this should give small amounts of platinum ( ((1D20+open lock)-Target's DC) * 10 platinum = platinum stolen, is what I'd propose, of course capping npc's to a decent chunk of change, like level *500 platinum. Being caught I'd place a 'fine' of either 100*rogues level, or -5 to all stats for 60 minutes if you can't pay, which persists through zoning just like shipbuffs, but also persists through death))

Targetting players would be a big no-no to start with, but sleigh of hand, which is pretty much what you're proposing, goes against a spot check, not against a reflex save, which if they ever add it, should be kept like that, a skill is much easier to boost into the 70's then a save is after all, and that way people at least have a chance to notice it, other side, since it's isn't a save anymore, a natural 20 wouldn't automatically succeed. I'd use the same formula though, their 'DC' being their spot check in that case, to simulate them having hidden their gold/platinum good enough for you to not be able to get your hands on a large chunk of it, uncapped here.

skill I'd give a 600 second cooldown in public areas, 30 in quests, creatures/players pickpocketed become immune to pickpocket attempts from the same rogue for 1 week, and any repeated attempts will automatically alert the target by ingame mail or system message that [insert rogues name] tried to steal from them.

Yes, hefty penalties, you don't want this to be used on players, since if you fail, you can pretty much ruin your standing in that players eyes, which kinda goes against the whole spirit of a PvE MMO. (e.g. I wouldn't even allow you to target players with it)

again, rogues don't need help at the moment, they're good enough as is (unless you compare them to caster classes), rangers/paladins need help first.

just my $0,02

You're right: spot instead of reflex.

But when I say "rare drops" I don't mean uber items. I'm talking things like lightning-split soarwoods or ritual anathemas, perhaps even a mystical plant if you're in meridia - the kind of stuff that would make it worthwhile to pickpocket npcs, but wouldn't be unbalancing. Just an alternative to loot farming the old-fashioned way.

I'm totally in favor of pickpocketing PCs - but the value would be low enough that it wouldn't be "damaging" to the victim. Maybe it's the rogue in me, but taking 10 plat or a string of prayer beads from your pocket would just be my version of /poke. Or does it make you nervous to think I might have another way to grief you besides unending nubish questions?

Alternatively, how about the opposite? Use the pickpocket skill to place lumps of coal in someone's inventory? Or a grenade lol

In a sense the PC application would be social, the NPC application would actually be useful - and it could open some interesting possibilities for quest mechanics.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12