Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    66

    Default Need a 2nd life DPS build

    Ready to do my first TR, and am looking for a good DPS build. Current toon is an 18/1/1 Elf ranger/fighter/rogue. I'm assuming TWF feat line, and working in Kopesh. I'm flexible on race and class, all are open.

    I'd like something that does high, sustainable DPS, and is not totally dependent on getting fully equipped with Epic gear, although I certainly don't mind working towards building an optimal gear set. Any measure of self sufficiency that can be reasonably worked in is a plus. I'm leaning toward multi-class, but would consider pure if you have a compelling reason.

    Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    Community Member Arshan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    France
    Posts
    539

    Default

    To keep some ranger in there i could advise you : http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=337192

    Otherwise 18 barb 2 ftr is solid TWF dps, i would recommend human or helf i guess.

    Many 12 6 2 splits exist, and it depends on what you really want.

    Pure ftr and barb 20 will work too but it's boring.

    I definetly recommend human race if you don't have a lot of gear yet.

    Precise more what you exactly wanna do
    Tarnesh(GateauFRANCIS, Life 10/10+) / Thazok(GateauTUNES, Life 5/4) / Thaerom(GateauHJEALS, Life 3/3)
    Iccir's Badger Minsc and Boo approve this build

  3. #3
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,108

    Default

    Fire and acid spells 1 to 6, Fire Savant from 6 to 15 and water savant from 15 on sorc the best DPS you will ever get.

    Just need a few superior clickies, a superior lore item to match your spell choice (or arcane lore stick) and then whatever gear you pretty much have from the first life, maybe a conc-op from the shroud and torq and you are good to go.

  4. #4
    Community Member Khellendros13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,565

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mubjon View Post
    Fire and acid spells 1 to 6, Fire Savant from 6 to 15 and water savant from 15 on sorc the best DPS you will ever get.

    Just need a few superior clickies, a superior lore item to match your spell choice (or arcane lore stick) and then whatever gear you pretty much have from the first life, maybe a conc-op from the shroud and torq and you are good to go.
    I have this odd feeling the OP was talking about a melee DPS build.
    Proud Leader & official Gimp of Crimson Eagles on Khyber
    Angryscrews Wiz 20 - Felgor Barb 20 - Brelgor Fighter 18/1/1 - Flavoursome TR1 Sorc 15 - Splatsplat DoS 18/2
    Quote Originally Posted by Auran82 View Post
    Numot talks enough for like 10 people. So yeah, 13 people in that channel.

  5. #5
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    66

    Default

    Arshan,

    Thanks for your reply. I'm happy to provide additional specifics, but I'm not sure what would be most helpful to you in helping me .

    I have some gear limited gear, a Min II Kopesh, a teir 2 Lit II scimmy, an Epic Cloak of Shadows, a couple Turbulent Epees, a pair of tier I or II (I forget which) Epic Brigand's Cutlass, An Epic Spyglass Tier 1, a set of greensteel hp googles at tier 2, some Icy Raiments, and a bunch of GS mats. That's about it. This was my first toon, and after I capped, I kind of stopped playing him and started new toons.

    As far as goals, I'm looking for a toon that will be used almost exclusively in guild raids and epics, maybe the occasional solo foray when new contnet is released. The objective is to provide as much sustainable DPS as possible, while offering some amount of flexibility. UMD is nice to be able to drop the occasional emergency raise dead or heal, but probably not necessary, since it will be played mainly in supported guild runs.

    There has been some guild discussion about the value of a 12/6/2 Fighter/Ranger/Monk build, but I haven't found a build template so far to follow. Again, not married to any single build idea, I just know that my guild is looking for a few additional toons with a high DPS focus.

    Mubjon: Thanks for your input, and I'm sure you are spot on about the DPS of a sorc. I'm just looking for a melee build, but do have a lelve 4 sorc that I started but haven't done anything to level. I will keep your advice in mind when I get back to him.

    Thanks again.

  6. #6
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Khellendros13 View Post
    I have this odd feeling the OP was talking about a melee DPS build.
    Not sure why he would want the easy path, but ok.

  7. #7
    Community Member Alternative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    EU
    Posts
    1,149

    Default

    12 fighter kensei II, 6 ranger FE evil outsiders and undead/constructs, rams might, tempest I (costly), last two levels one of 2 barb/monk/rogue. Race human or helf for burst, horc for more sustained dps. IMO best and the most fun for weapon wielding twf, agree with poster above that pure barbs/fighters are kinda boring

  8. #8
    Community Member Culver.Civello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    930

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EvilGhandi View Post
    Arshan,

    Thanks for your reply. I'm happy to provide additional specifics, but I'm not sure what would be most helpful to you in helping me .

    I have some gear limited gear, a Min II Kopesh, a teir 2 Lit II scimmy, an Epic Cloak of Shadows, a couple Turbulent Epees, a pair of tier I or II (I forget which) Epic Brigand's Cutlass, An Epic Spyglass Tier 1, a set of greensteel hp googles at tier 2, some Icy Raiments, and a bunch of GS mats. That's about it. This was my first toon, and after I capped, I kind of stopped playing him and started new toons.

    As far as goals, I'm looking for a toon that will be used almost exclusively in guild raids and epics, maybe the occasional solo foray when new contnet is released. The objective is to provide as much sustainable DPS as possible, while offering some amount of flexibility. UMD is nice to be able to drop the occasional emergency raise dead or heal, but probably not necessary, since it will be played mainly in supported guild runs.

    There has been some guild discussion about the value of a 12/6/2 Fighter/Ranger/Monk build, but I haven't found a build template so far to follow. Again, not married to any single build idea, I just know that my guild is looking for a few additional toons with a high DPS focus.

    Mubjon: Thanks for your input, and I'm sure you are spot on about the DPS of a sorc. I'm just looking for a melee build, but do have a lelve 4 sorc that I started but haven't done anything to level. I will keep your advice in mind when I get back to him.

    Thanks again.
    With that kind of gear, I'd go with the 18Barb/2ftr. Maybe 2 Rogue instead? Or Ftr 18/2Rogue Kensei. Rogue will of course give you a strong UMD option. Human or Helf I'd say. Elf if you want some flavor... specially with those nice Scimi options... but Helf will work well with it too. Human is just an all around good option. I'd probably lean toward Helf though. A little Human and Elf stuff both to work with.

    Lost Legions of Sarlona................................. Tyrs Paladium of Ghallanda
    Kobay . Kobai . Artisti . Kobot . Ezike . Dynic.......................... Ezike . Kobai
    Quote Originally Posted by KookieKobold View Post
    I knew i should have actually tested this.

  9. #9
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EvilGhandi View Post
    Arshan,

    Thanks for your reply. I'm happy to provide additional specifics, but I'm not sure what would be most helpful to you in helping me .

    I have some gear limited gear, a Min II Kopesh, a teir 2 Lit II scimmy, an Epic Cloak of Shadows, a couple Turbulent Epees, a pair of tier I or II (I forget which) Epic Brigand's Cutlass, An Epic Spyglass Tier 1, a set of greensteel hp googles at tier 2, some Icy Raiments, and a bunch of GS mats. That's about it. This was my first toon, and after I capped, I kind of stopped playing him and started new toons.

    As far as goals, I'm looking for a toon that will be used almost exclusively in guild raids and epics, maybe the occasional solo foray when new contnet is released. The objective is to provide as much sustainable DPS as possible, while offering some amount of flexibility. UMD is nice to be able to drop the occasional emergency raise dead or heal, but probably not necessary, since it will be played mainly in supported guild runs.

    There has been some guild discussion about the value of a 12/6/2 Fighter/Ranger/Monk build, but I haven't found a build template so far to follow. Again, not married to any single build idea, I just know that my guild is looking for a few additional toons with a high DPS focus.

    Mubjon: Thanks for your input, and I'm sure you are spot on about the DPS of a sorc. I'm just looking for a melee build, but do have a lelve 4 sorc that I started but haven't done anything to level. I will keep your advice in mind when I get back to him.

    Thanks again.
    Kidding aside from the last post I made about the easy path

    You can still incorporate the melee with the versatility of the buffs from the arcane. I build all my builds to be able to do a few things as I like to be able to solo any quest that I might have to even if I am grouping.

    If you have access to the Half Elf race you can select a dilly that will allow your melee to get a different flavor without having to invest skill points into UMD. You just need a 13 stat in the skill of choice. So for instance if you wanted to have a melee that could cast blur, stoneskin, rage, haste from a scroll you would put 13 in Intelligence or Charisma and take either the wizard dilly or the sorc dilly. As you did not mention Paladin, I would recommend putting the intelligence up to 13 in that instance.

    If you wanted a melee that could self-heal with heal scrolls easily then putting 13 in wisdom or Charisma will give access to Cleric and FvS dilly. The cleric will give you 95% with heal scrolls and the FvS I believe is 85% but no investment outside of increasing the enhancement lines there either.

    Then of course there is always the rogue dilly for 3d6 sneak attack, Monk dilly for 5 more AC, Paladin Dilly for 5 bonus to saves and then fighter, barb, arti all bring different things but as you are going melee you might want to take the first two.

    And as this will be a second life, you might appreciate what can come from having a bit of flexibility in your melee's performance.

  10. #10
    Community Member Arshan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    France
    Posts
    539

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alternative View Post
    12 fighter kensei II, 6 ranger FE evil outsiders and undead/constructs, rams might, tempest I (costly), last two levels one of 2 barb/monk/rogue. Race human or helf for burst, horc for more sustained dps. IMO best and the most fun for weapon wielding twf, agree with poster above that pure barbs/fighters are kinda boring
    I dislike tempest I for it is a co****l prestige that makes your TWF line takes you 4 feats.
    If you like this idea of 12 ftr 6 ranger 2 monk i think you should really consider trying tempest II instead.
    WHY ?
    - Only 13 dext required (12 even) => more CON
    - Access to nice ranged efficiency without focusing on it at all (6 ranger too though)
    - More spells, more FvE, 10% prof off hand ADDITIONAL

    Then you still have 8 lvl.
    As i said in my first message i'm fond of that 12 ranger 6 barb 2 ftr split. However, 12 ranger 6 fighter 2 rogue would do wonder. Same with monk i guess, no umd nor SA though.
    On the other hand, kensai I sucks compared to kensai II, and fighters get a lot of feats that would balance the tempest I only.

    Something to consider too is the upcoming release of tree system for enhancements, that will change any single melee on ddo.

    Given your gear, but also the fact you got friends and other toons to help you gearing up, you could want to check out this build :

    Human 12 ranger 7 rogue 1 monk. Very good dps output even without awesome gear, nice HP (550+) and obviously full rogue abilities.

    Just ideas coming outta my mind atm.
    Tarnesh(GateauFRANCIS, Life 10/10+) / Thazok(GateauTUNES, Life 5/4) / Thaerom(GateauHJEALS, Life 3/3)
    Iccir's Badger Minsc and Boo approve this build

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload