Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default it was nice of you to warn people about bags but

it wouls be nice to know if you will make it right. fix it, not screw us out of our nice account bags. something like

"don't worry, will will be able to revert them back to bound to account" that might go along way.. or something like

" dont worry VIPS will now get shared inventory space. no more running to the bank for stuff like bags" <---dreaming i know but with the pets they have now im sure it CAN be done
    i find myself and others saying "glad im not paying for this ****" vip from ftp beta till 10.9.2012 fix it...fix it Now!

Although not speaking out of experience, one possible easy fix would be to make all bags unbound for now until the bug has been sorted. I'm thinking this is a flick of a switch, but I have no idea how entangled in code this is.

Tasmania - Yes it's an actual place and no, Tasmanian Devils don't spin around and eat people

Or you could just give them time to look at it and formulate a proper response without screaming that the sky is falling?
    A friend will bail you out of jail.
    A mate will be sitting in there beside you saying "Damn that was awsome!!!"

Unguilded of Orien

Quote Originally Posted by Koowluh View Post
    Although not speaking out of experience, one possible easy fix would be to make all bags unbound for now until the bug has been sorted. I'm thinking this is a flick of a switch, but I have no idea how entangled in code this is.
    If they make all bags unbound, there will definitely be a fix soon....and not because of negative effects we're feeling. There will almost definitely be unintended benefits to players for such an action.
    Eternal Infinity: Wruntjunior ~ DI Sorc // Youngwrunt ~ Survivalist Paladin // Wruntarrow ~ Monkcher // Wruntsonmonk ~ Wis-Based Monk

Quote Originally Posted by WruntJunior View Post
    If they make all bags unbound, there will definitely be a fix soon....and not because of negative effects we're feeling. There will almost definitely be unintended benefits to players for such an action.
    *cough* fight club

Quote Originally Posted by Falco_Easts View Post
    Or you could just give them time to look at it and formulate a proper response without screaming that the sky is falling?
    They've already said they can't be bothered with such minutia.

yep, basically the stated attitude is we are too busy to fix this........shrug......What I find incredible about this is not the bug in the first place...bugs happen....its the ineptitude shown in announcing publicaly that Turbine's policy is new content ( for content read revenue stream) has priority over all other issues.

Now we all knew this anyway, but to actively state this shows how far down the road of "Don't give a monkey's...you are all suckers" Turbine have gone.

One of the oldest rules in business...fleece your customers, smile at them and rob them blind, but NEVER insult them.

Tasmania - Yes it's an actual place and no, Tasmanian Devils don't spin around and eat people

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    They've already said they can't be bothered with such minutia.
    No, they said thye had another priority. I agree the problem of the bags is only a small one however.

Quote Originally Posted by Uma-Quixote View Post
    yep, basically the stated attitude is we are too busy to fix this........shrug......What I find incredible about this is not the bug in the first place...bugs happen....its the ineptitude shown in announcing publicaly that Turbine's policy is new content ( for content read revenue stream) has priority over all other issues.

Now we all knew this anyway, but to actively state this shows how far down the road of "Don't give a monkey's...you are all suckers" Turbine have gone.

One of the oldest rules in business...fleece your customers, smile at them and rob them blind, but NEVER insult them.
    One has a deadline, the other doesn't. Not hard for anyone with an ounce of sense to work out which one is more important.

Could Maj's post had more tact, sure but give me a straight answer over BS any day.
    Last edited by Falco_Easts; 04-03-2012 at 09:37 PM.
    A friend will bail you out of jail.
    A mate will be sitting in there beside you saying "Damn that was awsome!!!"

Unguilded of Orien

DDO Producer

Quote Originally Posted by Uma-Quixote View Post

Wow, this is not what I meant at all. But understand we are in the last leg of an Expansion pack with a hard deadline. The first Expansion this game ever had. We need to focus for a bit on that. It is not created/tested in a vacuum, and there is another patch before the Xpack in about 4-5 weeks, and of course the bag bug is at the top of the list, but that line ' at the least by Patch 2' was I guess misunderstood.

Guess my forum good will has run out. I try to be honest, but I'll stick with 'read by a dev' for now on.

Community Member Culver.Civello's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    Wow, this is not what I meant at all. But understand we are in the last leg of an Expansion pack with a hard deadline. The first Expansion this game ever had. We need to focus for a bit on that. It is not created/tested in a vacuum, and there is another patch before the Xpack in about 4-5 weeks, and of course the bag bug is at the top of the list, but that line ' at the least by Patch 2' was I guess misunderstood.

Guess my forum good will has run out. I try to be honest, but I'll stick with 'read by a dev' for now on.
    Bawh. Some people don't get it. But you still have fans Maj. Lots of us! Don't let a few 'misunderstood' people get you down!

*Puts on new T-shirt* "Maj Fan-Boi 4-Life!" I'll wear it proudly!

Lost Legions of Sarlona................................. Tyrs Paladium of Ghallanda
    Kobay . Kobai . Artisti . Kobot . Ezike . Dynic.......................... Ezike . Kobai

Community Member

please continue to be honest but a part of the post was a bit confusing. It looked like the bag bug wouldn't be fixed before the expansion from what you typed, but you then said possible for patch 2.

I understood what you meant, but wasn't sure, but with the clarification, it's all clear. It's not a priority for an hotfix (getting devs to work specifically on this to get it fixed as quickly as possible) but it's a priority for the next patch for update 13 aka patch 2.

I always liked your comments and explanations and I hope and would like you to continue on.

Maj, many of us appreciate the depth of your communicative interaction with the community. Many folk pay good money for the right to complain in any setting. The cost of my first sentence is food for the second. It is understandable you've hit your limit on the feeding frenzy. Full steam ahead, expansion ahoy. Once what needs to be done is done please feel free to come back and resume your frank and open interaction.

Get 'er done mon,
    bitkaCK2
    "That's right, remember there's a big difference between kneeling down and bending over..." ~ Heavenly Bank Account by Frank Zappa
    "Your 'Gin n' tonic Futon Brain' cyborg implants sure make you smart!" ~ Seraphita, Element of Fire

Community Member

I don't think your forum good will has run out. I think the phrasing of your last post was just slightly unfortunate.
    For some of us the bags are irritating if not a huge issue and the post made it sound a little like "Suck it up".
    For what it's worth good luck with the expansion and hope the forums become more hospitable again soon.
    Just my 2cp
    Rawel

Oh Maj. Its ok most of us know your awesome.
    We have a saying for stuff like this thread here, it would be called stirring the stink.
    Go ahead and have Feather give you a shoulder massage, I'm sure he can relate a lil wink wink
    Warden of the White Council

This last part is disheartening to say the least. Your willingness to communicate with the community was what got you the "forum good will", please don't abandon it for the sake of a few nay-sayers who apperently do not understand the complexities of software development and the deadlines imposed.

These are the same people who would be decrying bloody murder and calling for riots and boycotts if you missed the hard deadline or the work was subpar due to the redirection of resources to work on a insignificant bug. They will never be happy. Some of us do understand and have realy liked being kept somewhat informed on the forums.

I will be the first to admit that more effort on Trubin's part needs to go into cleaning up the bugs list, but I also know what meeting a hard deadline on a software product means. It isn't like you arbitrarily choose the deadline, it was imposed on you. I think under the circumstance you made the right call. And you up front honesty on the call and your reasoning is refreshing.

There will always be someone who will lash out and you and take it personal. The trick is not to take it personal .

As long as I hear about non-game breaking bugs that I can avoid, I'm ok until they can be fixed. Maybe the launcher is a good place for new bug news so the 95% of players that don't read the forums can see it.
    Ghallanda: Save the newbie, save the world.

Welcome to the world of MMO fans . I have played MMO's since the start and you will always run into people who think they can do it better or think they know what you are thinking no matter what you are really thinking.

Don't let it get in the way of feeling free to post of the boards with honest answers, in the long run it pays off.

"Be good, if you can't be good then be good at it."

Quote Originally Posted by Culver.Civello View Post
    Bawh. Some people don't get it. But you still have fans Maj. Lots of us! Don't let a few 'misunderstood' people get you down!

*Puts on new T-shirt* "Maj Fan-Boi 4-Life!" I'll wear it proudly!
    +1...

240+ posts on the other bag wah wah and this thread adds? Oh, now we just get "Read by a Dev". Thanks, OP...
    "The lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves." Niccolò Machiavelli
    Thelanis: Arbix Completionist (23rd Life), ArbySoul, ArbyBarb, ArbyPriest, Arbificer etc.

Hatchery Founder
    2014 DDO Players Council

Aww....don't let the rest of them get you down. We still love you, even the brutally honest part.

By the way, what is that text string in your sig?
    RedShirt / Roleplayer of Giant Slayers, Inc. on Thelanis, formerly Tharashk.
    Member of the DDO Player Council

Coldin-Artificer; Lynton-Bard; Alydyn-Swashbuckler;
    Takai-
    Monk; Rosein-Paladin; Ellyiana-Cleric; Aurixs-Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by Coldin View Post
    Aww....don't let the rest of them get you down. We still love you, even the brutally honest part.

By the way, what is that text string in your sig?
    So appropriately...

Quote Originally Posted by smatt View Post
    You forgot this one...

MajorMalphunktion, the guy who has the patience to deal with nerd raging gamer geeks.
    "The lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves." Niccolò Machiavelli
    Thelanis: Arbix Completionist (23rd Life), ArbySoul, ArbyBarb, ArbyPriest, Arbificer etc.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast