Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by fyrst.grok View Post
    Nice job..

Gotta ask tho.. What IS the trick to a fast maze of madness? Always takes me forever - even when dualling with my friend, so I end up skipping it till I favor grind before a tr.
    No shortcut sorry!
    Last edited by Nephilia; 01-04-2013 at 07:02 AM.
    ALL HAIL TO ITS SQUISHY-MAJESTY SIR KNORR, LORD OF OOZES AND MASTER OF SLIME
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=386688

Hero

Ugh, when did Turbine screw up Blockade Buster so you can't window it? I hadn't done a TR since August and ran into this last night.

I don't have a personal catch up list. I base my TRs on a 20% XP potion. If I happen to miss one night, I'll pop a 30% XP potion to make up the difference. I work full time and have a family, so I typically don't have a chance to play DDO to catch up outside of my 8:30pm-midnight TR group schedule.
    U19 Kensei: Centered Cleaver | TR Junkie Leveling Framework

~Ying~ (10 lives), ~Hamada~(9 lives), ~Vadanken~ (6 lives), ~Kobeyashi~ (10 lives)
    Over Raided of Orien, First Level 100 Guild

Quote Originally Posted by Carpone View Post
    Ugh, when did Turbine screw up Blockade Buster so you can't window it? I hadn't done a TR since August and ran into this last night.
    Long time ago. U15 or even before.

Default Framework

I made a couple of failed attempts at stealth to the end fight on Framework today with my TR (wizard life). Has this quest become more difficult to solo?

I did the following. I stoned the runts, and FoD on any shamans when I see them. I pull the chief up into the far corner, but once he runs away and the 3 seers come out, a ton of other stuff spawns and all hell breaks loose. At this point I pretty much die or ddoor out. In addition, the other 2 orange/red names make their way to the corner smack me around too.

I don't remember this being so difficult in the past. Did they beef things up to prevent people from soloing it easily? I guess the whole overhaul with elite quests probably affected this some. Is there a decent strategy for doing this solo as it stands today?

Quote Originally Posted by Retrodark View Post
    I don't remember this being so difficult in the past. Did they beef things up to prevent people from soloing it easily? I guess the whole overhaul with elite quests probably affected this some. Is there a decent strategy for doing this solo as it stands today?
    Frame Work has not changed that I can tell. You just need enough DPS to get the Chief down before the healers come out en masse. I only farm elite on an arcane or (has never happened) a competent invis group. On hard significantly less DPS is required, and you can even stop to kill the healers if needed.

On an arcane though, you should be entering the fight with near full mana and be able to dot/nuke him into oblivion even on elite.

Community Member

I don't have a personal catch up list. I base my TRs on a 20% XP potion. If I happen to miss one night, I'll pop a 30% XP potion to make up the difference. I work full time and have a family, so I typically don't have a chance to play DDO to catch up outside of my 8:30pm-midnight TR group schedule.
    You have to have one person abandon the quest, a 2nd share it, the first accept it, then the 2nd abandon it, the first share it, and the 2nd accept it and you're good. Unless you know a faster which, which I don't, but all of that takes about 6 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Retrodark View Post
    I made a couple of failed attempts at stealth to the end fight on Framework today with my TR (wizard life). Has this quest become more difficult to solo?

I did the following. I stoned the runts, and FoD on any shamans when I see them. I pull the chief up into the far corner, but once he runs away and the 3 seers come out, a ton of other stuff spawns and all hell breaks loose. At this point I pretty much die or ddoor out. In addition, the other 2 orange/red names make their way to the corner smack me around too.

For the elite run, I'll actually end up taking out one of the red-named shamans by the shrine inside the walls. It kills xp/min a little, but prevents him from teleporting there at the end, and unless it's just wishful thinking, it does seem to have an impact on how much incoming healing he has going his way.

At the end, unless I'm on a life that BB kites or something I'll get the chief's aggro and drag him around the backside of the throne, into a little nook. It seems to clog up sometimes so the shamans, etc. can't get at him as easily.
    Orien Characters
    Kierkan - Bladeforged 12/6/2 Shiradi Favored Soul/Wizard/Monk| Dragonnbaito - Half-Elf Legendary Dreadnought 12 Monk/6 Paladin/2 Fighter

For anyone using this guide or planning on it.....I don't follow it perfectly as I often solo and/or pug/guild run for various parts so I don't have a static group of TR junkies I am it to help so I often don't meet the time guides but I would say that a short list of the split and conquer vs. straightline zerg would be helpful.

Additionally - I just have to say I got lazy on my latest life and didn't bank my level 16....gawd what a horrible decision. There is so much XP available in L13 and L14 quests but it dries up in L15 so if you aren't fully banked going into 17 when you take that level it is a horrendous result in that you dry up with good fast XP sources at the higher levels. Basically I had to find an extra 400k (ish) in the last two levels due to not banking and being lazy - never again. Farming L18 quests at 5k a pop just sucks.
    gotta to kick at the darkness til it bleeds daylight - B. Cockburn
    Guild Leader - Order of the Silver Dragons
    Mains Darlao Completionist Toogor Wiz28 TR5 Also Listarn Shadar Kai Rogue 20/7 - WhiskyTango CL28 TR4 - Toongor Bd28 TR2 - Sooey Dwarf ConBarb28 Pusshy -WizMo 18/ 2/8+9 More

Awsome isn't enough to describe how much this Thread is.

GJ And Thank you!

Hoss~
    Hossa / Darree ~Khyber~ Doom Legion (Level 75)
    Proud Host of the DDO Hunger Games Along with Fawngate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jendrak
    Somebody should definitely explain to Turbine that when they roll up a new GM that INT is not dump stat.

2015 DDO Players Council Dodoroq's Avatar

Big thank you for the guide. Still learning to Zerg properly - I cannot resist killing everything and smashing everything, solo mostly, no openers available for anything and still was able to make the lvl11 in what was like 24 hours of gameplay. With TR buddies, that could have been much faster.

I do have one wish though - even if I was bit higher level opposed to your guide on Doom of the Witchdoctor (due to necessity to open it myself by doing previous quests), I cannot obviously do it properly. I invis, start running, invising again on any opened door or so. Even though, there are two ways what happens and I do not know why - either I have Green alert while in the circular corridor, in which case I can get the key (yellow alert), make it to the gate, open and get XP (orange alert), I get to shrine and this is where wolfs/hobs get after me and I cannot safely recall. The other case is I get to circular hallway with yellow alert, get harried while picking up the key and die right there or at opening of the gate as everybody sees me through invis and I cannot move due to alert.

So, would someone who knows how to do that one proper be able to do a video of how you do it (would be nice if that was at lvl 3) so that I learn the right way? Thank you again...
    Characters on Cannith: Daian of the Tree, would-be completionist (life 12); Tirain Hawksong (4th life Monkcher), Sorain Hawksong (2nd life Wizard), several mules.
    Recruitment Officer and proud member of The Silver Legion on Cannith. Feel free to PM me about the guild!

Quote Originally Posted by Dodoroq View Post
    Big thank you for the guide. Still learning to Zerg properly - I cannot resist killing everything and smashing everything, solo mostly, no openers available for anything and still was able to make the lvl11 in what was like 24 hours of gameplay. With TR buddies, that could have been much faster.

I do have one wish though - even if I was bit higher level opposed to your guide on Doom of the Witchdoctor (due to necessity to open it myself by doing previous quests), I cannot obviously do it properly. I invis, start running, invising again on any opened door or so. Even though, there are two ways what happens and I do not know why - either I have Green alert while in the circular corridor, in which case I can get the key (yellow alert), make it to the gate, open and get XP (orange alert), I get to shrine and this is where wolfs/hobs get after me and I cannot safely recall. The other case is I get to circular hallway with yellow alert, get harried while picking up the key and die right there or at opening of the gate as everybody sees me through invis and I cannot move due to alert.

So, would someone who knows how to do that one proper be able to do a video of how you do it (would be nice if that was at lvl 3) so that I learn the right way? Thank you again...
    Step through the gate into the next quest then recall.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanngiostr View Post
    Step through the gate into the next quest then recall.
    This works if you are level 4 or 5 as you can not step into the next part until then, which is why the guide advises to recall at the shrine.

I just started a new TR so will see if I can put up a video. A few options/suggestions that may help:

Open the shrine door first, then grab the key. Depending on build I'm running I will take the time to kill the hobs around the key chest to keep dungeon alert manageable.
    Officer of Disciples of the Apocalypse on Sarlona
    Himawari Life 3 - 1 FvS | Svipul Life 3 - 1 FvS | Chikaze Life 2 - 2 PAL / 2 MNK / 4 FVS
    Completionist Project: GLaDOS - Life 14 of ??: Bladeforged 'Zeus' - Started 22/02/14

Quote Originally Posted by kuro_zero View Post
    This works if you are level 4 or 5 as you can not step into the next part until then, which is why the guide advises to recall at the shrine.

I just started a new TR so will see if I can put up a video. A few options/suggestions that may help:

Open the shrine door first, then grab the key. Depending on build I'm running I will take the time to kill the hobs around the key chest to keep dungeon alert manageable.
    Thanks, kuro_zero, that might actually help - if the hobs will not be able to open the door from the other side. My problem was that I was able to open the door, but not to close them fast enough (if that can be even done). Will try it with little bit higher level I am currently - if only to finish the chain and get another visor.

I was also stubbornly trying to kill noone to get that devious bonus. Heh, I might have a hard time trying to do that on a lvl3 toon in lvl5 elite dungeon :-)
    Characters on Cannith: Daian of the Tree, would-be completionist (life 12); Tirain Hawksong (4th life Monkcher), Sorain Hawksong (2nd life Wizard), several mules.
    Recruitment Officer and proud member of The Silver Legion on Cannith. Feel free to PM me about the guild!

Community Member

Just noticed this got necro'd a bit so I'll mention this will be outdated next update. Multi-runs on a quest will be less worthwhile so E/H/N will be tops for any quests. I'll be interested to see what people rework but it's almost certainly going to be more work than what's in this excellent guide.
    Tajawuka 9 monk/8 ranger/3 arti AA (3 ranger/monk/fighter pl's) - Toolbots working on Morninglord Cleric life #2 (3 wizard/sorc/druid pl) - Evisra 28 rogue

As a player who struggled through my first TR swearing that was the one and only time I'd ever do that ...... I recently TRd the toon again and I greatly appreciate this post !

Seems a little more do-able with a plan laid out in front of me

I run with a great guild that have TRs all the time ......... I just don't play enough over the summer to keep up!!!!

Thanks again !
    " Elize Ryd - Officer @ Band of Gypsys "

" Trapped in my skin - See the nexus in my dreams - But will you bury me within? "

Amaranthe - The NeXuS

Hero

Doom of the Witch Doctor now requires level 4 to run. It's sad that Turbine decided to stealth nerf this.

As for revamping this guide once the repeat penalty system goes live in U19 or U20, it'll be time for someone else to pick up the torch. I don't plan on TRing in the new system if it's anywhere close to what's been released so far.

~Ying~ (10 lives), ~Hamada~(9 lives), ~Vadanken~ (6 lives), ~Kobeyashi~ (10 lives)

Doom of the Witch Doctor now requires level 4 to run. It's sad that Turbine decided to stealth nerf this.

As for revamping this guide once the repeat penalty system goes live in U19 or U20, it'll be time for someone else to pick up the torch. I don't plan on TRing in the new system if it's anywhere close to what's been released so far.
    Thanks for the work ya put into this, its helped me immensely. But I am in the same boat, doing one more life before update hits due to the TR changes.

Bright side, I no longer need to spend turbine points on XP pots or True Hearts of Wood.
    Officer of Disciples of the Apocalypse on Sarlona
    Himawari Life 3 - 1 FvS | Svipul Life 3 - 1 FvS | Chikaze Life 2 - 2 PAL / 2 MNK / 4 FVS
    Completionist Project: GLaDOS - Life 14 of ??: Bladeforged 'Zeus' - Started 22/02/14

Just finishing a life according to the guide, and I did some testing on that part...

Doom of the Witch-doctor: The Way to Zulkash is lvl 6 quest now, so not possible to be run according to the guide at lvl3.
    However, there is the lvl5 quest The Deadly Package: The Stronghold Key which is awarding even slightly better XP and which I was referencing. The problem in that one is that you have to open several doors on the way and grab a key from chest, which forces you to recast the invisibility several times (5-use clicky is enough, even 4 can be enough).

In both cases, the next quest is the same level as the farming one, so you can enter it, and recall from behind the door in the next one, and you still stay flagged for the farming one - the chain marker is only rewarded after you finish both parts. This combined, it provides even more farming possibilities at lvl 3 and later lvl 4 :-).

disregard.
    Last edited by Turbosilk; 08-10-2013 at 09:56 PM.

Hero

Thank you to everyone who has provided feedback over the last 20 months. As of today this thread is officially obsolete. I will not be updating it to work with the terrible quest ransack system.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast