Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Community Member

Thanks!
    ME BARB, ME SMA-ok I stand here with pretty blue lines around me. ok I take damage. ok bye.

I'd say Inferno of the Damned is better XP/min than Prison of the Planes. POP just has so much running around, it's a while till you can split up, and there are so many must-kill phasing mobs in the undead rooms that take some time to kill.

OTOH Inferno is 5-6 minutes if you split correctly (one person with d-door solos South Flame guardian, rest run west then clockwise around outside to North Flame Guardian and Cinderspawn and East Flame Guardian, leaving 2 people to fall behind and kill West Flame and West Cinderspawn, then to beeline to Centre of Inferno and mop up east/south Cinderspawns and Cinnis)

If the group know precisely what they are doing, I see no reason you can't get Inferno sub-4 min, which is about how long the running in POP takes.

Also Acid Rain is a good substitute for Bladebarrier in Purge the Fallen Shrine.
    Last edited by sirgog; 04-09-2012 at 05:56 PM.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    I'd say Inferno of the Damned is better XP/min than Prison of the Planes. POP just has so much running around, it's a while till you can split up, and there are so many must-kill phasing mobs in the undead rooms that take some time to kill.
    POP is typically a 5-6 minute completion for us with all of the rooms. The warden's door can be picked, so you don't have to wait for someone to run up with the key. We split up rooms and assign arcanes where it makes sense (like phasing undead).

Inferno is a fine quest to farm as well. Only running EHN of it after we farm Ghosts is more about timing of ship rebuffing than anything else.
    U19 Kensei: Centered Cleaver | TR Junkie Leveling Framework

~Ying~ (10 lives), ~Hamada~(9 lives), ~Vadanken~ (6 lives), ~Kobeyashi~ (10 lives)
    Over Raided of Orien, First Level 100 Guild

Nice list

Quote Originally Posted by Carpone View Post
    Water Works 1-4 H
    This seems replaceable... lots of running around to get to the quests. Seems like more Ruined Halls runs or another Tangleroot quest would be better xp.

Fallen Shrine Ex4,H,N (only if you have blade barrier, otherwise skip it)
    Is this 1 minute with blade barrier?? Takes 3 on elite/2 on hard without... still worth EH and it's a nice quick run out.
    No side crypts? 0 minutes for 5k is decent...

Eye of the Titan E
    --Congrats on level 20--
    Seems like you could cut out some of your more marginal xp and throw Memories E and Mining E4NH in here... Mining is a good 5-6k/min on elite.
    Thelanis: Takhysys, Tenauch, Vitriolus, Kalav, Leprous

Nice guide +1
    Rockan Robin . Rocka Red Emma . Roq Star . RockCandy Mountain . Rockna Delaflote | Build Index
    Co-Leader, Ghallanda ReRolled
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarrant View Post
    it might make more sense for the player to re-roll.

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno346 View Post
    This seems replaceable... lots of running around to get to the quests. Seems like more Ruined Halls runs or another Tangleroot quest would be better xp.
    Suggest something that has better xp/min than Waterworks 1-4 hard and I'll be happy to consider it. During the recent 20% world boost, we skipped WW 1-4 on hard altogether.

Is this 1 minute with blade barrier?? Takes 3 on elite/2 on hard without... still worth EH and it's a nice quick run out. No side crypts? 0 minutes for 5k is decent...
    Yes, Fallen Shrine is 1 minute with a Blade Barrier. FvS/Cleric runs full speed to the end and drops a BB every time it's off cooldown. Rest of the party runs behind to light the torches. In my experience, without a BB it takes too long and drops the XP/min below what I consider acceptable. Acid Rain was suggested as a replacement for BB. YMMV.

I typically only do Tomb of the Astrologer/Physician solo if I have to catch up because I missed a night. It's great XP for soloing, but not so much for a party.

Seems like you could cut out some of your more marginal xp and throw Memories E and Mining E4NH in here... Mining is a good 5-6k/min on elite.
    The IQ stuff on my list is not set in stone. We typically try to cap in Reaver's Refuge. We only touch IQ/DD if we have to (making up lost XP due to someone missing a night, excessive deaths due to lag/tiredness).

~Ying~ (10 lives), ~Hamada~(9 lives), ~Vadanken~ (6 lives), ~Kobeyashi~ (10 lives)

Suggest something that has better xp/min than Waterworks 1-4 hard and I'll be happy to consider it. During the recent 20% world boost, we skipped WW 1-4 on hard altogether.
    I'm probably just underestimating WW with splitting since I'm usually solo. For me...
    STK p3 elite
    Whisperdoom's Spawn E
    Stronghold key EHN
    Deadly package EHN
    Ruined Halls hard run at 7

Cone of cold clears Fallen Shrine pretty fast, but I can't do one minute hard runs, so you are probably right.
    Thelanis: Takhysys, Tenauch, Vitriolus, Kalav, Leprous

Community Member

Doom of the Witchdoctor Ex8,N,H (requires opener; invis and don't kill anything)
    --take level 4--
    Ok.. What am I missing? Spiders from entrance kill me.

Tried this a few times and found the Brown Spider Prince (x2) at the entrance see invis (inspection does not show it but they immenidatly spawn and chase me down) and follow to the finial door. Even with Expeiditious Retreat (+25%) they will catch me at the final door. This means I cannot recall at the door. Also I cannot go through the door to the next quest until I am level 4 (which I am to take after).

+1, nice job.
    Devs: Thanks for making Druids available to VIPs without the pack. This more than anything, has made me want to buy the pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Cormath View Post
    Ok.. What am I missing? Spiders from entrance kill me.

Tried this a few times and found the Brown Spider Prince (x2) at the entrance see invis (inspection does not show it but they immenidatly spawn and chase me down) and follow to the finial door. Even with Expeiditious Retreat (+25%) they will catch me at the final door. This means I cannot recall at the door. Also I cannot go through the door to the next quest until I am level 4 (which I am to take after).
    Run back to the shrine and recall from there
    Comfortably [d|n]umb

Toons: Weirdly || Inbound || Samma || Ocular || Annoyed || Stinkpelt of Khyber
    WanderLust EuroTrash

I hope you find some value in it.
    Many thanks for this list. I'll try to roll this into my TRing. I solo or Duo mostly but skipping IQ/DD would rock.
    Characters: Celemia / Tukson / Thau (Broken link) / Atremus

“A pessimist is one who feels bad when he feels good for fear he'll feel worse when he feels better.”

Hero

Updated OP with a pile of notes for level 13-16 quests. Will update other level ranges as I TR through them again.

Ruined Halls is worth doing more than 1x elite
    Stromvaults mine is also solid-but there is a bit of randomness in body placement.
    Haunted library with acid rain is also 2-3min quest for 5-6k
    Parts of sorrowdusk are also very fast, although I am not very familiar with them

Personally, I find elite shadow crypt easier than elite von3-or at least faster. I'd rather switch them and have SC be the one I farm on elite.

Both lvl 10 ataraxia quests are solid too.

It's also a travesty not to do maraud 13x

Invaders can be 3min farm on normal and is good XP....BB rules.

Cabal for one is 1min potentially...trial is a good farm too. Better than PoP or inferno I've found. A few of those GH quests can just be smashed in 1-2min.

Same with necro4...ghosts 2min, yadda yadda.

Litany bosses can be good XP too.

Monestary is probably the best XP quest in the game at level 18 past vale, with a decent puzzler at least.

Finally, the only reason to do elite titan is to get to the glorious monkey quest on the island anyway, it's nothing on its own.

oh and...nice work...I agree with everything, just adding some love for some of my favorite zergs

Everything is spot on, as usual..

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by MRMechMan View Post
    Ruined Halls is worth doing more than 1x elite
    We only run it for House K favor. What's the XP/min on hard?

Stromvaults mine is also solid-but there is a bit of randomness in body placement.

Haunted library with acid rain is also 2-3min quest for 5-6k
    Our arcanes usually aren't acid and there's nothing else in House J we run at that level. If it works for you, great.

Parts of sorrowdusk are also very fast, although I am not very familiar with them
    Sorrowdusk has some great XP/min quests. Unfortunately the prequest to Co6 isn't that good, and there's way too much running around compared to other options at that level.

Personally, I find elite shadow crypt easier than elite von3-or at least faster. I'd rather switch them and have SC be the one I farm on elite.
    It's more about party makeup than anything else. Arcanes can easily handle Shadow Crypt at level 11. Favored Souls don't get Blade Barrier until 12, and it makes VON3 go much faster. Either quest is interchangeable. Just make sure you do both at level 11 on elite for the streak bonus.

Both lvl 10 ataraxia quests are solid too.
    What quests and what's the XP/min? If they're the ones I'm thinking of, we don't do them because of the wilderness run (the Sorrowdusk dilemma).

It's also a travesty not to do maraud 13x
    We used to run a lot more Maraud the Mines than we do now. Part of it is avoiding grinding a quest into the dirt just to keep it fresher.

With the right group it's a fine quest to farm. We do it once on elite at that level because it fits well.

Cabal for one is 1min potentially...trial is a good farm too. Better than PoP or inferno I've found. A few of those GH quests can just be smashed in 1-2min.

When I list times, they're reasonable -- they are not my best times to beat. They're times you should be striving for if you're running them longer than what's listed.

Litany bosses can be good XP too.
    I'm skeptical. Which ones, what difficulty and what's the XP/min?

Monestary is probably the best XP quest in the game at level 18 past vale, with a decent puzzler at least.
    Which is why it's on the list.

Finally, the only reason to do elite titan is to get to the glorious monkey quest on the island anyway, it's nothing on its own.
    I actually hate touching anything in IQ/DD during a TR. It's one area of the list that I'm actively looking for alternatives.

I actually hate touching anything in IQ/DD during a TR. It's one area of the list that I'm actively looking for alternatives.
    Cannith challenges. There are some that can be five starred in about 5-8 minutes (with practice), and that's a nice chunk of makeup xp that you don't really have anywere.
    Osharan, Esharan, Osharina, Usharina, etc... I'm the 'sharans. Epoxy. Notverysexy.
    I've taken the craft disturbing mental image feat... You have been warned!
    Share and Enjoy!

Re Litany bosses:

I'm skeptical. Which ones, what difficulty and what's the XP/min?
    Each one is about 7000 XP under your criteria (XP pot, etc). Vol and Cinnis can be done fast, but the other two have a lot of running around. XP diminishing returns do not kick in at all until the 4th run of a specific boss.

Prior to the Elite bonus being upped to 80-150% and XP tomes I used to do these multiple times each (to avoid having to run as many horrid IQ quests at 18), but now I do not really bother unless I'm planning to cap the character with a raid train. (Raid trains aren't good XP/min even with bravery, but are fun)

I notice you don't do A New Invasion or Sins of Attrition on your list. While they take ages in PUGs, in groups full of very powerful toons they can be done at full zerg (knowing all possible trap locations in Sins is mandatory).
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    Re Litany bosses: Each one is about 7000 XP under your criteria (XP pot, etc). Vol and Cinnis can be done fast, but the other two have a lot of running around. XP diminishing returns do not kick in at all until the 4th run of a specific boss.
    We try to limit our time in Litany because it's a snoozefest with the unavoidable 3min ambush sequence. We also try to farm it out in one hour so we dont make multiple trips for ship buffs. Usually the last run or two we're doing it w/o buffs.

I notice you don't do A New Invasion or Sins of Attrition on your list. While they take ages in PUGs, in groups full of very powerful toons they can be done at full zerg (knowing all possible trap locations in Sins is mandatory).
    Sins is definitely on the short list for replacements of IQ/DD. I personally love Sins and every FvS in our guild has farmed it on elite at one time or another (it was an unofficial litmus test of sorts).

NI is a crapshoot because of the randomness of the portal/dropdowns. Randomly generated maze quests are not high on my list of "likes".

NI is a crapshoot because of the randomness of the portal/dropdowns. Randomly generated maze quests are not high on my list of "likes".
    If you run it a lot, you notice that it isn't really random - there's a fixed set of layouts. If someone took time to map it out so you could quickly figure out which instance you were in, the time/frustration would drop a lot. You still need a really skilled group (or an overpowered caster with quickened self heals) for the boss on elite.

Quote Originally Posted by MRMechMan View Post

Your times seem unrealistic even for experienced TR groups.
    Its easy to come here and throw this numbers to make the op look foolish.

Invaders 3 minutes? With optional? Doubt it..

Cabal 1 minute? I can see it done in around 3-5 mins on normal zergs.
    I can see Trial by fire done in 3-4 mins.
    Maze of Madness 3-5 mins
    What are the 1 minute runs on GH? Can you elaborate on that or post proof that it can be done?

**I usually just farm GH on elite since its easy enough and net more base xp.

Necro4 ghosts in 2mins? Also unrealistic.
    " yadda yadda." So are you implying that are other 2 min runs in Orchard? I would love to see that.
    Vyking FvS | Spectron Sorc | Khant Wiz Completionist | Drower Bard | Squasher Ftr | xPando Monk
    ------ Leader of Easy Raiders Guild ------

I know this sounds nubbish..but what is doom of the witch doctor?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast