Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Brand / Commerce Manager Tolero's Avatar

Just a quick update on this - we're still in the process of performing work on the impacted characters. You don't need to take any additional actions at this time, but did want to let you know that we haven't forgotten about you. We apologize for the inconvenience.

22: 10 GMT +2 here and i just succsesfully logged with mine main in as i type.

Im too afraid to logout now.

Edit: Both charachters are able to login to Orien, at first glance everything seems to be intact.

Gj Turbine.
    Last edited by Midgavia; 04-05-2012 at 03:16 PM.

Community Member

Good news! my characters work now!

Bad news. They are completely naked with nothing in inventory. EDIT: Correction, nothing except the newest event tokens.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    ... we're still in the process of performing work on the impacted characters. ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Repster View Post

Bad news. They are completely naked with nothing in inventory. EDIT: Correction, nothing except the newest event tokens.
    That's a bummer.
    But it's still being worked on, not completed, so I'd not do anything major with inventory or such til they say they're done retying all the strings.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies ____ Monster Manual

awsomeeeeeeeeeee ill be back online too soonish!
    Orien - The Myths
    Ameratsu (3x TR Monk)
    Senpo (4x TR FvS)
    Senjo (13x TR Sorcerer) - First 20 Druid in DDO

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Repster View Post

Same here =(

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Toke-Out View Post
    Same here =(
    Yep, same here. 7 of 8 characters were un-loggable until today. (orien server, was inactive for a year or so)

I can log in all of my characters now, but soon as I do, it deletes all their gear and inventories...years worth of raiding gear.

They have their gear on at the login screen until I log them in, then it disappears from inventory and from login screen as well, so I've only logged in 2 of the 8 characters in case the damage is permanent.

Just a quick update on this - we're still in the process of performing work on the impacted characters. You don't need to take any additional actions at this time, but did want to let you know that we haven't forgotten about you. We apologize for the inconvenience.
    Just a heads up Tolero, glad you fixed the issue, but my toon on Orien, Hinatasan, has lost all her gear. absolutely nothing is in the inventory or on the toon. all gear has been lost.
    Server: Thelanis Name: Treadwolf Guild: Storm Lords Level: 10/TR Raistlynwolf -18th lvl Wizzy, Testwolf- 17th Rog/Ftr(13/4), Caramonwolf, Capped Ftr, W T H, Capped 12/6/2 Ranger/Fighter/Monk. Taniswolf 17 Monk C2Q6600@3.0 8GB DDR2 250GB/Win7U 64bit, 80GB/VistaU 64bit eVGA GXT260OC eVGA 780i FTW 24" widescreen HD HDCP

Thumbs up

Very nice to hear that from you even if i am not affected by such bug!
    Just an Orien player.

Quote Originally Posted by xman26 View Post
    Just a heads up Tolero, glad you fixed the issue, but my toon on Orien, Hinatasan, has lost all her gear. absolutely nothing is in the inventory or on the toon. all gear has been lost.
    I think this may be a very good chance to get the disappearing items bug looked into.
    How to revamp past life reward system <--- working again
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We absolutely planned for Fighter to still have Haste Boost. It's absolutely a bug. Any similar issues that look "wrong" to any player should be bugged.
    Developers should fix this

sounds like something on their end and nothing to do with your router or modem (for gosh's sake).

and they admitted it...so don't redo you whole computer it will have no effect...

if you really want to go that route, then use a different computer..
    but it won't matter, it is on the server, not your client.

and honestly, until someone posts that they got their stuff back and the devs say this is all okay now...I would highly suggest playing another game for a bit and wait for such an announcement.

nothing better than signing in and losing 1-5 years worth of grinded gear....gonna wait.
    Last edited by MrWizard; 04-06-2012 at 06:49 PM.
    Cannon fodder build The Stalwart Defender, Raid Tank
    Worst Shroud PUG EVER!!!!!! Epic Fail (started 1/13/10, necro'd 3/9/10, 4/20/10, raised dead 3/ 9/11, necro'd 4/9/11, 5/28/11, fame petition necro 8/5/11, necro'd 9/30/11, KIA 10/3/11, True reincarnated famed (by cleric Cordovan) 10/4/11,

To confirm again, mine problem was fixed and mine gear was untouched like i left it 5 months ago.
    I am able to login and play for last 2 days now without problems.

I talked to two Orien players that i know of that had same problem "Your charachter is still being saved" and they said that now they are able to login but that their charachters are itemless/completly naked.

So seems that second problem occured by fixing the first one.

My chars, including all items and coin, are now available.

Thank you very much.
    There is no free lunch.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arnhelm View Post
    My chars, including all items and coin, are now available.

Thank you very much.
    Did it disappear initially? Pretty sure anyone who had the ''character still being saved'' error that logged in and is naked, is up the creek without a paddle. I don't see anyway of them restoring our gear unless they roll our characters back to pre-update.

Quote Originally Posted by bill87 View Post
    Did it disappear initially? Pretty sure anyone who had the ''character still being saved'' error that logged in and is naked, is up the creek without a paddle. I don't see anyway of them restoring our gear unless they roll our characters back to pre-update.
    I waited a while after people started posting about the naked chars before I logged in. When I logged in, all items were on the chars.
    There is no free lunch.

Well, for anyone still waiting for news on this. Keep waiting.

My bugged char was only level 6, so took a chance and logged her on in.
    She was empty EXCEPT for:

A Totemic Staff of Splinterskull (in backpack, and had been locked)
    A Rod of Moderate healing (in backpack, had been locked)
    The ExPac pre-purchase goodies.
    Her mail was still in mailbox (Lottery wins)

She was unable to open her bank, so not sure if there was any effect on her stored stuff.

Also of note to devs: Even tho her equipped gear was gone, the armor kit I'd bought for her was still showing both on her in game, and on character select screen after I logged her out.
    Last edited by cdbd3rd; 04-12-2012 at 03:32 PM.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies ____ Monster Manual

Customer Service Representative Thokal's Avatar

If you're missing your inventory after experiencing this issue, please submit a Technical Support help request if you haven't already. You can submit one here. Be sure to include the names of affected characters, as well as the server those characters are on. Please be sure to reply to the initial email you receive after submitting so that our Technical Support team can help you.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thokal View Post
    If you're missing your inventory after experiencing this issue, please submit a Technical Support help request if you haven't already. You can submit one here. Be sure to include the names of affected characters, as well as the server those characters are on. Please be sure to reply to the initial email you receive after submitting so that our Technical Support team can help you.
    I've done this since day1, and you guys can't give an estimated time of when it'll be fixed. I'd honestly be more happy with a permanent ban, at least that way I won't have to check everyday.

Community Member

Information would be nice aaaaaaaaaanyday now.

Community Member
    3rd star from the left, and on til morning...

(If you submitted a ticket they should be responding by e-mail, I doubt they'd respond more here, though I could be wrong, that's an educated guess.)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by My2Cents View Post
    (If you submitted a ticket they should be responding by e-mail, I doubt they'd respond more here, though I could be wrong, that's an educated guess.)
    I'm more interested in other player feedback now, because it seems like the issue has been fixed. Except for me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast