Community Member

Default The worst misclick in the world!

I had been playing DDO in the Vale when one of the guys brings in a Panther which makes the quest have a level 20 and the quest 0 Xp. I didn't blame the guy and said that it was an honest mistake but he insisted in giving me 20 "Pale Lavender Ioun Stones". I assumed they were valuable, maybe 100k for the whole lot but I didn't really know for sure. Anyways I thanked the man for his generous donation and was on my way questing, I went to drink a Spell Point Potion but I had misclicked the potions and clicked the 20 Ioun Stones by accident! It didn't ask me that by equipping this item it would lose its tradeability, and even then it didn't tell me that it would equip 20 of them all at once. I am used to only having one apparel item equipped at once because thats how it has always been for my entire DDO experience. I have never really been a wealthy character, and when I checked the price of these things by conversing with some of my guild members I had learned that they were worth 400k each! I felt the sudden impact of grief hit me and I thought this has to be the biggest loss of anything in my gaming experience, all from a simple misclick. I have a screenshot of the bound Pale Lavender Ioun Stones but I doubt that will prove much.

http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/7...nshot00074.jpg

I have been a loyal DDO customer, I have spent a lot of money on Turbine points and I would be very happy if I could be maybe refunded in some way for this hefty loss. Thank you for your time and consideration.

The way you wrote that made me think you actually got 20 pale lavenders (that would be an impressive gift), not 1 pale lavender with 20 charges...

If this was your first ever ioun stone, I wouldn't worry about it. They're much easier to get now from the dreaming dark pack (I'd hang on to that pale lavender and get it unsurpressed if you have the pack).
    Last edited by Aliss7; 04-01-2012 at 10:55 PM.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

It's not 20 items it's 20 charges if you unsupress it it's a very nice item to have (the charges regenerate every shrine then). I'd stick it in your bank until your ready to run the dreaming dark.

Sorry to hear that you accidentally equipped an item that becomes bound to account on equip.

Unfortunately, there's no way to unbind a bound item.
    Personally, I suggest holding on to it until you have a chance to run the quest "The Dreaming Dark" at level 20.

At the end of that quest, you can make use of the Dreamforge to make this item permanent, and able to recharge when you rest. It can be very handy to have around then.

Until then, you should avoid using it, as if it runs out of charges, it will be destroyed.

If it eases your pain some, it isn't 20 stones that you got but rather a 20 charge stone that will disappear upon draining (so.. take that thing off, or get out to the Island of Forgotten Dreams with the character you want to have that stone set on and unsurpress that thing! It will bind to the character that has it once unlocked but becomes a rechargeable stone at 50 charges, 15 gained per rest)..

Other than that, it does bite some that it is bound, but when you get handed something like that for a simple mistake, I would just take it with a grain of salt and see it as you saved yourself that plat instead.
    Science may be theory, but stupidity is proven.

The good news is that that was only one Ioun stone, each one of that type has 20 charges, so your only out 400k not the millions you were thinking. The other good new is that you now posses a powerful defensive item that can be upgraded to be even more powerful. I doubt they will unbind it, but your best bet if that is what you really want is to contact account support from the main website. After contacting them open an ingame ticket for a GM and explain your situation and that you have contacted account support and are now contacting the GMs on the off chance they can help you. Remember to be as polite and curteous as possible.

Edit: ninja'd by feather
    Last edited by Havok.cry; 04-01-2012 at 11:30 PM.
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

I wonder if you guys could remove his current stone and drop a new one in his inventory. The new one would be unbound and accomplish the goal, but not being a programer, I have no idea if this is possible.
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

Quote Originally Posted by EatMyLazor View Post
    I have been a loyal DDO customer, I have spent a lot of money on Turbine points and I would be very happy if I could be maybe refunded in some way for this hefty loss. Thank you for your time and consideration.
    How exactly do you refund free?

You got a very handy Ioun stone for FREE. Save it till you run Dreaming dark and upgrade it.
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Not a big deal really. Ioun stones are so easy to get now. The price for them dropped inmensely ever since they drop on the third completion on Dreaming Dark.

"Hikari datte, yami datte, kitto"

Into light, into darkness, surely.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarrant View Post
    Not understanding you makes them lucky, lucky people.

Quote Originally Posted by TWDiggs1980 View Post
    Qft.
    Sweep Pick or Die!
    Quote Originally Posted by JollySwagMan View Post
    But in terms of actual quest ideas, perhaps something where Halflings ride around on Warforged in battle-backpacks with shoulder-mounted repeating crossbows.

Quote Originally Posted by TWDiggs1980 View Post
    Yes!

Considering your current trinket is a tier 3 greater bold trinket your claim of ignorance of the game doesn't really stand up, besides it's only bound to your account, not that character. There are a lot of people who've never looted any ioun stones, let alone that ioun stone and let alone for free.

Stop complaining.

Besides, what on earth was the stone doing in your hotbar when you didn't understand what it did?
    Last edited by Buggss; 04-02-2012 at 04:42 AM.
    <------Pay no attention to the join date, played pre-launch in EU & moved to U.S. servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Buggss View Post
    Considering your current trinket is a tier 3 greater bold trinket your claim of ignorance of the game doesn't really stand up, besides it's only bound to your account, not that character. There are a lot of people who've never looted any ioun stones, let alone that ioun stone and let alone for free.

Stop complaining.

Besides, what on earth was the stone doing in your hotbar when you didn't understand what it did?
    After myddoing him, think i can believe him that he has no clue about the game.

As for OP, doubt anyone will unbound that ioun stone on the account of ignorance. But its still bta untill you unsurpess it, and its quite handy once unsurpressed.

Community Member

Default Oh man I overreacted!

Sorry guys! I did think it was 20 ofthem! how silly of me to have overlooked that, but Ioun stones aren't something im used to. Thank's very much for your help!

I actually lost sleep over it last night, and I had a test the other day, the sense of releif im getting. I feel like such an idiot, what a foolish mistake, I thought the number at the bottom represented the number of the item instead of the charge, I really reccomend they implement something that distinguishes the two numbers. I had 4 Gem's of the Crashing Waves and the 4 at the bottom of the icon was the same as the 20 on the ioun stone. I dun goofed.;
    Last edited by EatMyLazor; 04-02-2012 at 02:06 PM.

Community Member nolaureltree000's Avatar

if it makes you feel any better, there's no way id pay 400k for one of them and im a sure a good portion of the player base feels the same way. anyone, even a ddo dofus, can farm one out in a couple of hours or less.

they used to be terribly rare and go for millions of plat. since a recent change, they now drop with simple brute force. its only a matter of time before the AH figures this out and stops paying so much for them. or maybe laziness will keep the price inflated.

My first thought was, "How the devil can he get by with only four backpack tabs at level 15?"

bitkaCK2
    "That's right, remember there's a big difference between kneeling down and bending over..." ~ Heavenly Bank Account by Frank Zappa
    "Your 'Gin n' tonic Futon Brain' cyborg implants sure make you smart!" ~ Seraphita, Element of Fire

Quote Originally Posted by BitkaCK2 View Post
    My first thought was, "How the devil can he get by with only four backpack tabs at level 15?"

bitkaCK2
    LOL my thoughts exactly when I clicked the screenshot!

I dont know why u guys are so worried abt the item.. im my point of view the big issue here is that most Bound items when u click on them they ASK if u REALLY wanna equip the item...

i guess this is more like a "bug" report to the devs to fix this item and put the message on equip...

that's all

if it did had the bound message probably this incident would be avoided..