Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28
  1. #1

    Default Beta Testing date?

    When is the beta testing for Menace of the Underdark expansion?

  2. #2
    Community Member Quarterling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    In your pocket
    Posts
    1,754

    Default

    Today.
    Have you ever wanted to create your own customized user interface skins for DDO?
    Click this sentence for a tutorial learning how, an easy-to-follow video guide.

  3. #3

    Default

    but how do you beta test then if its out today?

  4. #4

    Default

    but how do you do the original testing?

  5. #5

    Default

    that happens today?

  6. #6
    Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,689

    Default

    Very carefully.

  7. #7
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    43

    Default

    So how do the ones of us that pre purchased the Menace of the Underdark expansion get to beta test?

  8. #8
    Community Member fatherpirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    993

    Default

    There is a closed beta server that many players help with
    testing various stuff.

    It would make sense that they would already be testing some of it already.

    but they can't talk about it.

    I am not one of the testers ...yet but can always hope :-D

    Stay Vertical !
    Halloween is dead on DDO.
    Kobalds stole it

  9. #9
    Community Member Quarterling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    In your pocket
    Posts
    1,754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by demitriesalavator View Post
    but how do you beta test then if its out today?
    April Fools.
    Have you ever wanted to create your own customized user interface skins for DDO?
    Click this sentence for a tutorial learning how, an easy-to-follow video guide.

  10. #10
    Community Member Ziindarax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,560

    Default

    What will most likely happen is, when beta begins, people who pre-purchased prior to midnight of March 31st will get an e-mail or something that has a link to download a client. To do so, you'd first have to agree to an NDA (Non-Disclosure-Agreement), which has me thinking it's probably going to be Mournlands or something.
    Ziind Stargazer - Level 12 fighter/6 Barbarian/2 rogue Half-Orc (Neutral Good) - Formerly a level 20 Paladin Human - Orien

    Fernian Summer Carnival

  11. #11
    Community Member Jaid314's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5,416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ziindarax View Post
    What will most likely happen is, when beta begins, people who pre-purchased prior to midnight of March 31st will get an e-mail or something that has a link to download a client. To do so, you'd first have to agree to an NDA (Non-Disclosure-Agreement), which has me thinking it's probably going to be Mournlands or something.
    doubt it'll be mournlands. my understanding is they look for fairly specific things when bringing someone into mournlands, and "paid a bunch of money recently" is not the key criteria...

    of course, i could be wrong. but after going through the effort of sifting through applications to find people with specific characteristics, it seems improbable that they would guarantee access to anyone who applies.

  12. #12
    Community Member Sleepsalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,998

    Default

    I would say it will be Lammy but they will control who gets access. But until it hits every one is just guessing.
    Sleeps

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaid314 View Post
    doubt it'll be mournlands. my understanding is they look for fairly specific things when bringing someone into mournlands, and "paid a bunch of money recently" is not the key criteria...

    of course, i could be wrong. but after going through the effort of sifting through applications to find people with specific characteristics, it seems improbable that they would guarantee access to anyone who applies.

  13. #13
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Athens Greece
    Posts
    117

    Default

    Shouldn't there be more information about when and how are we going to use the beta those who are interested?

  14. #14
    Community Member Sleepsalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,998

    Default

    It will be coming soon I would think.. Maj. said after the Patch hits live. Lammy gets closed and wiped. So thinking if they use Lammy will be a few days to a couple weeks..
    Sleeps

    Quote Originally Posted by Illiamfryn View Post
    Shouldn't there be more information about when and how are we going to use the beta those who are interested?

  15. #15
    Community Member Grosbeak07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Thelanis
    Posts
    7,590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Illiamfryn View Post
    Shouldn't there be more information about when and how are we going to use the beta those who are interested?
    Pax East is a major game industry show is this weekend. You'll see more information during and after that point, but expect it to be a rather quiet week until then.
    Magical Rings are well... magical. - Gandalf

  16. #16
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    43

    Default

    So any information yet about the beta testing? Anything at all? Was it mentioned at PAX?

  17. #17
    Community Member Aeolwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    On the outside, looking in
    Posts
    902

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by woghd911 View Post
    So any information yet about the beta testing? Anything at all? Was it mentioned at PAX?
    May was Fernando's indication. Take that with 2 tons (instead of a grain) of salt.
    Aeolwind (5/12) - 18 Sorc/1 Art | Melisandria - 20 Fighter SD | Anlona - 20 cleric RS

  18. #18
    Community Member pearlharbor66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    88

    Default

    nvm

  19. #19
    Community Member Arkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wyoming
    Posts
    6,247

    Default

    According to the first part of DDOCast's interview with Fenando at PAXEast, the Beta is supposed to start at the "beginning of May."

    http://www.ddocast.com/

  20. #20
    Community Member HernandoCortez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Al-Qadim
    Posts
    886

    Default

    Well if they choose some people among those who bought the expansion prior to the 31st and they advertised the beta access in order to increase their sales it wouldn't be fair, would it?

    I think they're going to open this beta access to everyone who bought it before the 31st. I don't know how, but I expect it to work like that.
    EXTREME PREJUDICE™ - by Turbine.

    GHOSTBANE™ - by Turbine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload