Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Beta Testing date?

When is the beta testing for Menace of the Underdark expansion?

Today.
    Have you ever wanted to create your own customized user interface skins for DDO?
    Click this sentence for a tutorial learning how, an easy-to-follow video guide.

but how do you beta test then if its out today?

but how do you do the original testing?

that happens today?

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Very carefully.

Community Member

So how do the ones of us that pre purchased the Menace of the Underdark expansion get to beta test?

There is a closed beta server that many players help with
    testing various stuff.

It would make sense that they would already be testing some of it already.

but they can't talk about it.

I am not one of the testers ...yet but can always hope :-D

Stay Vertical !
    Halloween is dead on DDO.
    Kobalds stole it

Quote Originally Posted by demitriesalavator View Post
    but how do you beta test then if its out today?
    April Fools.
    Have you ever wanted to create your own customized user interface skins for DDO?
    Click this sentence for a tutorial learning how, an easy-to-follow video guide.

What will most likely happen is, when beta begins, people who pre-purchased prior to midnight of March 31st will get an e-mail or something that has a link to download a client. To do so, you'd first have to agree to an NDA (Non-Disclosure-Agreement), which has me thinking it's probably going to be Mournlands or something.
    Ziind Stargazer - Level 12 fighter/6 Barbarian/2 rogue Half-Orc (Neutral Good) - Formerly a level 20 Paladin Human - Orien

Fernian Summer Carnival

Quote Originally Posted by Ziindarax View Post
    What will most likely happen is, when beta begins, people who pre-purchased prior to midnight of March 31st will get an e-mail or something that has a link to download a client. To do so, you'd first have to agree to an NDA (Non-Disclosure-Agreement), which has me thinking it's probably going to be Mournlands or something.
    doubt it'll be mournlands. my understanding is they look for fairly specific things when bringing someone into mournlands, and "paid a bunch of money recently" is not the key criteria...

of course, i could be wrong. but after going through the effort of sifting through applications to find people with specific characteristics, it seems improbable that they would guarantee access to anyone who applies.

I would say it will be Lammy but they will control who gets access. But until it hits every one is just guessing.
    Sleeps

Quote Originally Posted by Jaid314 View Post
    doubt it'll be mournlands. my understanding is they look for fairly specific things when bringing someone into mournlands, and "paid a bunch of money recently" is not the key criteria...

of course, i could be wrong. but after going through the effort of sifting through applications to find people with specific characteristics, it seems improbable that they would guarantee access to anyone who applies.

Community Member

Shouldn't there be more information about when and how are we going to use the beta those who are interested?

It will be coming soon I would think.. Maj. said after the Patch hits live. Lammy gets closed and wiped. So thinking if they use Lammy will be a few days to a couple weeks..
    Sleeps

Quote Originally Posted by Illiamfryn View Post
    Shouldn't there be more information about when and how are we going to use the beta those who are interested?

Quote Originally Posted by Illiamfryn View Post
    Pax East is a major game industry show is this weekend. You'll see more information during and after that point, but expect it to be a rather quiet week until then.
    Magical Rings are well... magical. - Gandalf

Community Member

So any information yet about the beta testing? Anything at all? Was it mentioned at PAX?

Quote Originally Posted by woghd911 View Post
    So any information yet about the beta testing? Anything at all? Was it mentioned at PAX?
    May was Fernando's indication. Take that with 2 tons (instead of a grain) of salt.
    Aeolwind (5/12) - 18 Sorc/1 Art | Melisandria - 20 Fighter SD | Anlona - 20 cleric RS

nvm

According to the first part of DDOCast's interview with Fenando at PAXEast, the Beta is supposed to start at the "beginning of May."

http://www.ddocast.com/

Community Member HernandoCortez's Avatar

Well if they choose some people among those who bought the expansion prior to the 31st and they advertised the beta access in order to increase their sales it wouldn't be fair, would it?

I think they're going to open this beta access to everyone who bought it before the 31st. I don't know how, but I expect it to work like that.
    EXTREME PREJUDICE™ - by Turbine.

GHOSTBANE™ - by Turbine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast