Thread: Chat Log ?

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

Question Chat Log ?

Hello, everyone,

I'd like to have the possibility to have a chat log or at least to mark & copy a whole chat window.
    Plus the possibility to increase the number of lines until the chat gets truncated. Sort of.

There was a really memorable chat yesterday in the Market Place. I participated there to some extend. It went from RPG systems to the age of D&D & Traveller to RPG systems in general, then over to physics, time travel, philosophy, religion, and around that point "we" realized that we had been chatting in the "advice" channel all of he time (because of an long-forgotten original question there). Which "we" hastily left.
    It went then on in the general chat still about physics, time and religion, with a funky town occasionally thrown in, and after that it went into real advice questions again.
    It ended - more or less - with the debate over Gold (Au) being able to corrode or not - which hd sparked upon my remark that "rain is like a Rust Monster to your armor - unless it is non-iron made".

A chat like this happens once in a year, I guess. I have rarely seen such a discussion even in forums (and I used to be a *lot* in different RPG forums !).

So, his is something I'd like to be able to log, also, because there were some really useful *real* advices in it (when the chat had become more serious).

So, that's why I'd like to have the possibility to log a chat, maybe even exporting it as a simple and pure text file.

Alrik,
    sending greetings to all who had participated with this magnificient chat yesterday.

2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar

Sadly, No.

It's something we have requested several time.

When a memorable chat occurs the only way you cna immortalize it is through screenshots.
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

Yes, I have already feared so.

From a programming point of view an implementation of a text log as a mere text file would be relatively easy, imho.

And I still want a time stamp, too.