Community Member

Default When is the Beta?

So does anyone actually know when the beta comes out? Any rumours or guesses?

Community Member Culver.Civello's Avatar

Wink

When it comes to situations like this, I like to think as logically as I can.

Let's see if we can figure this out.

DUNGEONS & DRAGONS ONLINE®: Eberron Unlimited™ Forums > Free Discussion Forums > Menace of the Underdark Discussion (Public) > When is the Beta?

There is our first clue. (Public)
    If there is a (Public), then there must be a private.

Beta is you've read around is restricted to only certain people who have paid for it. (If you searched around any more, you'd find that DDOCast has stated that others may have a chance at Beta as well)

Now... if there is a (Private), then people must be in there posting. If people are posting, then there must be something going on. Since it has to do with "Menace of the Underdark Discussion", then I'd say that would probably be Beta discussion... which means it may just be going on, but you don't know it yet... cause you don't have beta, or you'd already know when it is.

Secret Beta is Secret.

Lost Legions of Sarlona................................. Tyrs Paladium of Ghallanda
    Kobay . Kobai . Artisti . Kobot . Ezike . Dynic.......................... Ezike . Kobai

Not sure yet as nothing has come out but the pre-order had to be paid for and applied before 11:59pm last night to qualify for the beta..

Sleeps

First rule of Beta....Don't talk about Beta.

NDA's being what they are and all.

You will know when you need to.

I don't know either

2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar

As the beta pre-registration through upgrade pre-order ended a few hours ago, I don't think we will see anything regarding (Public)Beta for at least a month...

Now I'm sure some Mournlanders ( or whatever the name the MotU Test Server is named ) have started seeing things.
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

I keep repeating this in a lot of places, but... Pax East is next weekend. Turbine will be tight lipped until then. Next weekend you will likely see video, screen shots and a ton of informaiton regarding the expansion. They are saving them for interviews and other media sources.

My guess is they will have some perk for people who go to Pax East to get in on the beta as well (targeting new players). I would expect to hear more about the Beta next week.

Once the behind the scenes stuff is done (NDA's and what-not) then you'll start to see things roll out onto Lamma Land, my guess is starting in Late April, but don't expect to see everything at once or be able to do everything all the time. You'll see a lot of stuff turned on and off.
    Magical Rings are well... magical. - Gandalf

@Grossbeak07

How long was the DDO:EU Beta?

12 weeks until June 25....wondering how much longer they can wait to get MOTU Beta up and running.

I agree with you about PAX East.

MOTU and its beta along with Druids are going to be their PAX East thunder, targetting as many new players as they can.

Quote Originally Posted by Crann View Post
    @Grossbeak07

How long was the DDO:EU Beta?

12 weeks until June 25....wondering how much longer they can wait to get MOTU Beta up and running.

I agree with you about PAX East.

MOTU and its beta along with Druids are going to be their PAX East thunder, targetting as many new players as they can.
    I want to say that started in late June or early july for an early september launch. I know the launch date for the game going free to play was pushed back at one point (I think it was supposed to be early August).

Even with a late April start that will still be 6 to 8 weeks of beta.
    Magical Rings are well... magical. - Gandalf