Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Diyon View Post
    Actually its not that much: (20 attacks)

snip

So now, GA: 37.9, Scythe: 43.75
    Doesn't look like that much more, 3 pts on average? Seems like a fair enough trade, if it means every THF in the game goes around with a Scythe I would be cool with that

I think the bigger difference would be made by what type of named Scythes they would put in.

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    *Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

Quote Originally Posted by MrkGrismer View Post
    Doesn't look like that much more, 3 pts on average? Seems like a fair enough trade, if it means every THF in the game goes around with a Scythe I would be cool with that

I think the bigger difference would be made by what type of named Scythes they would put in.
    5.85 with my example. And that's with nothing but 50 STR adding to the base damage. I also realized I didn't put PA in either.
    Khyber: Runforr 13/6/1 Rog/Ftr/Mnk, Bakup 3/3/1 Mnk/Pal/Rog (TR Pal), Faylah 14 Mnk (TR Mnk), Janthyra 12/7/1 Brb/Rog/Ftr, Ainbthech 20 Sor, Fliethas 18/2 Fvs/Mnk, Unfilled 12/6/2 Mnk/Rgr/Ftr, Arcanemark 10 Wiz "Don't eat us dragon! We're like you, but smaller. And fly worse." - Kobold Crewman on the Heart of Wind

About Scythe game impact:
    Imho in mid gear level dedicted builds it will be quite huge.
    Scythe gives .1 crit dmg from critbase per hit in comparison to GAxes. So if we have base to crit like 50 (with seeker, class enhancement and stuff) its already +5. Even after substract 2dmg from base dice still nice net get.
    I suppose that every fighter/barbarian will try to get own GS Scythe ASAP since its how things goes.

Does it bad? Not at all.
    Maybe some folks will cry since 'You nerfed my GS' (sic!)but who cares.

The problem i see is that beside a new cool profile it brings nothing to the game. Maybe if they code some new animation (who dont want to be like grim reaper?) but i feel Turbine is to lazy for that and we will get some old animation (just imagine GSword animation with scythe i see it coming).

What imo this game is lacking is the versality of the sticks. Some differences between weapon besides crit profile.
    Maybe if the Scythe has some biger inherit glancing blows that will be worth something.
    But otherwise its just the ilusion of choice we have now.

As for spears:
    I see the point of giving simple 2h weapon with better crit profile so all this poor battle clerics can swing something.
    But again, how different spears are from anything else? Maybe if dr /piercing was more popular it will be the gain, but otherwise... ilussion of versality and some cookie for favor builds.

But... if the devs introduce some special ability with spears, like... indeed bigger range, or some inherit riposte (if you are hit, you hit them back) that will be cool.

Is it likly to happen?
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by SurlyYuri View Post
    Khopesh was also considered a subset of the Scimitar requiring a 2nd roll (10%?) after the random loot was determined. I think this was Unearthed Arcana.
    yeah, all those strange weapons like aklys, garrote etc are from UA, not the core druid

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234