Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Savage Species! New race coming to DDO.

A gaming website leaked a bunch of info today on the expansion pack. One of the things included is a game mode called Savage Species that will allow PVP gameplay with playable monster races!

Apparently the game will be taking a page from LOTRO and adding factions to DDO. In DDO's case it will be the nation of Droam vs Stormreach. Monsters vs the Five Nations.

The first of the Droam races available for preview is the fan favorite Troll.

The troll has several interesting abilities and stats, along with several weaknesses to balance it out. Its favored class of course is Barbarian.

One of its biggest perks is the +4 to Strength at creation. This can be increased to a staggering +12 over other races by level 20. To balance this trolls have -4 Int, -4 Cha, and -2 Wis and are limited as to what they can wield and wear.

Trolls only have slots for Trinkets, Necklaces, Belts, and Bracers. Trolls have no armor slot. Instead your natural armor goes up as you level.

Trolls are also restricted to Longbows, Clubs, Greatclubs, Warhammers, Mauls, and Staves.

All troll players have a vulnerability to fire and acid and take double damage from those sources. You will be unable to regen damage from these attacks unless you drink a cure pot or receive another form of magical healing. Rumor has it you can take enhancements to counteract this weakness in later levels.

Special Abilities:

Trolls get greater regeneration at level 1. The regeneration ability can be improved further in enhancements.

Profane Curse. Trolls get a special incite move similar to a paladins Divine Righteousness.

Troll Profane Curse I
    Usage: Active
    Cost: 1 action point
    Spent: 19 action points
    Available to Troll level 6
    Activate this ability to gain a 100% Competence bonus to the threat generated by your melee attacks and spells for 60 seconds, making players more likely to attack you.

Troll Profane Curse II
    Cost: 1 action point
    Spent: 49 action points
    Available to Troll level 12
    Activate this ability to insult the enemy with such vulgarity it has no choice but to divert all its attention to you. Grants 200% Competence bonus to the threat generated by your melee attacks and spells for 60 seconds.

Troll Induce Rage
    Cost 1 action point
    Spent: 13 action points
    Available to troll level 4

Activate this ability to send your enemies into a blind rage causing them to lash out at friend and foe alike.

Racial Prestige line:

Troll Harbinger of Doooom!!! I
    Usage: Passive
    Cost: 4 action points
    Progression: 16 action points
    Requires One of: Skill Focus Intimidate, Troll Intimidation I, Barbarian Past Life

You spread doom wherever you go and to everyone you meet. Enemies that strike you have a chance of suffering the effects of the Doom spell.

Troll Harbinger of Doooom!!! II
    Cost: 4 action points

Your Aura of Doom now lowers enemy saves by 4. Additionally vorpal attack inflicts DooOoom!!!111 and the enemy vanishes from sight as it quits the game.

Troll Racial Capstones:

Deadly Flame
    Cost: 2AP
    Spent: 74 action points
    Your countless battles of wit with those smarter than you have increased your skill at angering others while deteriorating your charisma to the point of no return. You gain +10 competence bonus to intimidate, +2 to bonus to strength and constitution and an additional -2 to Charisma, Wisdom and Intelligence. Additionally your rants have deteriorated to insane ramblings causing any enemy you intimidate to suffer the effects of Phantasmal Killer.

Here's some screenshots of the troll in action:

Have a fun April Fool's Day everyone.

And remember take everything you see online with a heaping dose of salt today lol.

Edit: Really going to miss the Roderick's wand working in public on Monday.
    The summons are also extremely hard to get to stand still for photos and a pain to edit in MSpaint lol.
    Last edited by Vengeance777; 04-01-2012 at 04:33 AM.
    Server: Orien
    Guild: Over Raided
    Toons: Phasma - Swashbuckler ; Ceroni - Acrobat ; Selina Air Savant ; Cachin - Artificer

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Oooh, oooh!

Drat, you got me
    It's definitely an N-word.

I would like to play a troll, but i think you play one so much better than i ever could. ;-)

Community Member

Sadly, after seeing GitP getting ponied, it was clear that this was a joke right from the start. More disappointing is, that all those savage races could be fun to play.

A very elaborate attempt, though. It might catch some people who aren't paying attention to the date.

By the end of the thread I was in tears of laughter. At the start I was like oh this guy has like a well planned out troll race here. Then I saw the DoooMMmm on prestige and jeez its hard to stifle those laughs from the gf at 6 am. And the pics just went on and on and on. Whew. Either way, nicely done and +1.
    /popcorn
    Monk / ~Thoroughbred~ (36 pt HO Epic Ready -Tank/DPS)-
    * Continuing Epic Guide - Mobius for Acolytes*

Community Member Culver.Civello's Avatar

Well, if I didn't already realize it was April Fools day, this would have been pretty neat. Also... the fact that H-Orc is missing on that first image... didn't help much. XD Oh well. Looks pretty believable other than that. Nice job putting it all together.

Lost Legions of Sarlona................................. Tyrs Paladium of Ghallanda
    Kobay . Kobai . Artisti . Kobot . Ezike . Dynic.......................... Ezike . Kobai

loooooooool nice one.. though if they are doing this, am sure they will allow them to equip armor. after all they do sale armor kit.

Great one +1 for ya I loved it..
    Sleeps

Community Member EnjoyTheJourney's Avatar

I enjoyed this as well. Well done.

I was hoping to see the dreaded "Internet Troll" added as a playable race, though, if they were going to add playable Savage Species.

Internet Troll characteristics ...

+4 CON
    Invulnerable to Acidic Retorts and enchantment magic
    -4 WIS, CHA set permanently to 1
    -20 on all diplomacy checks
    -4 on DCs for all enchantment spells cast, +2 on DCs for all necromancy spells, unable to cast divination spells (from spells or on items)

Class prestige enhancements include "Fallacious Reasoner" and "Paranoid Android" - the last is only available for those selecting the Warforged race. Other class enhancements include "Obvious backstabbing", "Advanced illiteracy", and "Drama Multiplier Effect".

Briliiant. +1. I was already rolling one up in my head before I saw the bottom of the post.....

+1. Well done.
    Characters on Sarlona: Ungnad (Morninglord, Wizard 17 / Favored Soul 2 / Fighter 1) -- Baerktghar (Dwarf, Paladin 18 / Fighter 2) -- Simulacruhm (Bladeforged, Artificer 16 / Paladin 3 / Wizard 1)

No matter what side of the argument you are on, you always find people on your side that you wish were on the other.
    -- Jascha Heifetz

Nicely done.
    We tend to become like the worst in those we oppose.

Saw Half-Orc missing from screenshot (replaced with Troll), and knew this was april fools.

Still, nice photoshopping.
    I am the 'Who' In the call "Who's there!?"
    I am the wind blowing through your hair.
    I am the shadow on the moon at night, filling your dreams to the brim with fright.

What you did there, I see it.

+1.

It's great to be on the same server as DDO's avant-garde.
    Toons on Orien: Meinir // Flodur // Twiddler // Thorkar // Impetor // Juliacantor // Minor all Soko Irrlicht
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We may or may not intentionally insert in red herrings, purple mackerels, or horses of different colors. Void where prohibited. Not available in all planes of existence.

Community Member

+1 for starting my Sunday off properly.

But why would you hotbar a shard of power and a silver flame mark?

Rofl. +1 for the lulz

Totally needed a pick-me-up. ^_^

Nice Job.
    Magical Rings are well... magical. - Gandalf

Lol that was great.
    But you kinda blew it when you showed pics of a 3k sp troll haha

hahaha . at first i was like what the heck !! then i was like ok. cool. then i laughed my ass off.! nice one man,,
    Born to play, Forced to work !

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast