Thread: Cosmetic Pets

Default Cosmetic Pets

is it just me, or does having a cosmetic pet pass near you while in a dialogue cause the dialogue to close? ive had experiences with this for a while now but been doing the challenges for the last couple of days (yay for bonus ) and the foreman chat window keeps disappearing every time a damn cosmetic walks past. Anyone else suffering from this?

109 views and nobody can say if this happened to them or not? can it be fixed by a setting change anyone know?

Sorry I had missed this.. Yes I did have it happen but never thought about the Pet causing it.. Not sure what would help may need to do a Bug Report.

Sleeps

Community Member

Since this really does not seem to be that big of a deal perhaps we could switch the focus of this thread.

For example, why don't they take the cosmetic out of the pet and add some minimal capability. You know like pet has a high intelligence. You could pop him out to activate that intel rune. Or pet has a super high search. Or pet increases your charisma score by one. The possibilities are endless. They could actually sell a lot more of these critters.

YourDDO Creator
    2015 DDO Players Council

The sad part is, people will keep buying the cosmetic pets just to have a few pixels of wasted bandwith following them around (possibly) adding to the lag problems... They (Turbine) really need to add some kind of functionality to them like tinyelvis mentioned. An AI like Artificier's Iron Defenders would be good too (but not holding my breath), but I think a passive enhancement or just one basic function would justify having one.

Greensteel Planner, ToD Ring Planner, Server Status, Monster Manual Reference
    I was a Mournlander
    Silas_O'Reilly is now known as Ague in the forums!!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silas_O'Reilly View Post
    The sad part is, people will keep buying the cosmetic pets just to have a few pixels of wasted bandwith following them around (possibly) adding to the lag problems... They (Turbine) really need to add some kind of functionality to them like tinyelvis mentioned. An AI like Artificier's Iron Defenders would be good too (but not holding my breath), but I think a passive enhancement or just one basic function would justify having one.
    What you don't realize is that having a cosmetic pet in the group gives +1 to chest loot.

(really!)

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    *Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by MrkGrismer View Post
    What you don't realize is that having a cosmetic pet in the group gives +1 to chest loot.

(really!)
    And they stack but only when it's different pets.

A cosmetic pet in just the right place acts like a wall. It will close dialog windows (there's now a wall between you and the NPC), block spells (especially aoe/group spells like mass heal) from landing, block ranged attacks.

Community Member

perfect!!! now my pet has a use...I can go around closing people's dialog windows as I run past them with my cosmetic pet... I was a griefer and didn't even know it...