Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by decease View Post
    true.. but in ddo it is all different.. i mean if you check all the btp class/race they are all superior then f2p ones. just look at horc, helf, wf.. then look at monk, fvs, artificer.. so likely druid will be all mighty when it first release =P

Not quite sure I agree with this. Human PM is still one of, if not THE strongest race/class combination, with the only real competition being Human or WF FvS. Also a pure Human Cleric is very powerful too. Finally, a free-to-play Dwarf (or even Human) barbarian is an excellent melee as while a Half-Orc may give more DPS, they are noticeably less sturdy.

Although for melees, if you are interested in pure DPS and nothing else, Half-Orc and Half-Elves are the best choices.

true.. but in ddo it is all different.. i mean if you check all the btp class/race they are all superior then f2p ones. just look at horc, helf, wf.. then look at monk, fvs, artificer.. so likely druid will be all mighty when it first release =P
    Hmmm.....I think that is a little too general of a statement. I.e. You are incorrect

As far as Druid being too powerful or not...? I asked the same question because it was quite a pathetic class in the pnp group I joined and nothing I read in the base AD&D and D&D 3.0 rules has offered anything different.

To add Resurrection or Reincarnation...? Reincarnation most definitely. Although in v1.0 they need to keep it simple (Bear, Wolf, Giant Rat, what ever "natural" animals Druids can shape change into on release) and have the effect wear off after a certain amount of time/shrine/log. Once they have time to revisit it (i.e. after release and they can spend time fine tuning it through multiple updates), I could see it permanently change a players class/race until they did an appropriate level quest/challenge (solo of course). But of course that would be v4.0 or better

Quote Originally Posted by Jsbeer View Post
    Not quite sure I agree with this. Human PM is still one of, if not THE strongest race/class combination, with the only real competition being Human or WF FvS. Also a pure Human Cleric is very powerful too. Finally, a free-to-play Dwarf (or even Human) barbarian is an excellent melee as while a Half-Orc may give more DPS, they are noticeably less sturdy.

Although for melees, if you are interested in pure DPS and nothing else, Half-Orc and Half-Elves are the best choices.
    i have a different opinion.. if you look at it, wizzard class have several bonus feat, which is more likely way more then needed. if not one extra feat will not make a huge different among so many feat wizzard acquire.

as for skill point wise, wizzard is pure int base casting class.. one extra skill point seem weight very less if not none.

skill point and feat and the only two bonus human have, but if you look at half elf. you could get more umd from artificer dil, more hp from barb dil, more save from pal dil..personally i find these weight more then human bonus, plus you have access to elven sr enhancement.

Quote Originally Posted by AbyssalMage View Post
    Hmmm.....I think that is a little too general of a statement. I.e. You are incorrect

As far as Druid being too powerful or not...? I asked the same question because it was quite a pathetic class in the pnp group I joined and nothing I read in the base AD&D and D&D 3.0 rules has offered anything different.

To add Resurrection or Reincarnation...? Reincarnation most definitely. Although in v1.0 they need to keep it simple (Bear, Wolf, Giant Rat, what ever "natural" animals Druids can shape change into on release) and have the effect wear off after a certain amount of time/shrine/log. Once they have time to revisit it (i.e. after release and they can spend time fine tuning it through multiple updates), I could see it permanently change a players class/race until they did an appropriate level quest/challenge (solo of course). But of course that would be v4.0 or better
    it is not about druid, it is about all buy to play class. druid will be slightly stronger then free class, but am sure people will accept it, as they always has.

there is just no way they gonna do that.. i mean by rule that spell is nasty. after you cast it you have no clue which form your companion will return as, i mean the tank in team could return as a rabbit =P and would you expect a rabbit tank lotb? XD or maybe have several hen healing the rabbit? looooooooool
    /signed for Killer Rabbit Tanks

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=...61&FORM=IDFRIR

Look at the Bones!

there is just no way they gonna do that.. i mean by rule that spell is nasty. after you cast it you have no clue which form your companion will return as, i mean the tank in team could return as a rabbit =P and would you expect a rabbit tank lotb? XD or maybe have several hen healing the rabbit? looooooooool
    Lol that would be funny having it work like resurrect, but with the resurrected character having the same stat and a new temporary skin.

I can't believe people actually said druid isn't that great....

Its a full caster class with better offense than other divines and better buffs ... than either divine or arcane. They have alternate forms which give them major battle melee benefits and a built in off tank (ie Animal Companion). They can gain allies by Awakening trees and animals (probably not in DDO but in pnp).

Armor is limited to non metallic... Dragon Scale isn't metal... and armor isn't the only way to gain AC... remember Wis caster and monk. Can you say Kung Fu Panda?

Better Skill Points than any other full caster.

I mean what else do people want? I got banned from playing Druids after one game... then again I got banned from playing an archer also after different game. Though I think I succeeded in convincing the group that the third party book they wanted to use was a bad idea with the archer. Druid was straight WotC.

Aesop
    Rule 1: Don't sweat the small stuff
    Rule 2: Its all small stuff
    Rule 3: People are stupid. You, me everyone... expect it
    more rules to come in a different sig

Quote Originally Posted by Aesop View Post
    I can't believe people actually said druid isn't that great....
    I think quickened Heals for self and others in addition to solid DPS spells is pretty great, even without the Wildshape thing.

if you look at half elf. you could get more umd from artificer dil You could, but you can already hit the needed UMD without this., more hp from barb dil So for a feet and 3 AP you can get 20 HP, or for a feet you can get 23 HP. How is this better than the human bonus feet?, more save from pal dil With Insightful Reflexes, their saves really aren't lacking...personally i find these weight more then human bonus, plus you have access to elven sr enhancement. No, Half Elves do not get that.
    Responses in Red.

Also, Druids are pretty fantastic casters in 3.5. Their other abilities are more of small extra perks. I have no idea what they were like in AD&D, but they are pretty overpowered in third edition.

Druids in pnp had the following specializations:
    1: Best Elemental spellcasting
    2: Best Elemental summoning
    3: Best (pure) core class melee-caster abilities.
    4: Shapeshifting
    5: Mastery over plants and animals

In addition, Druids also had access to a variety of support spells and healing spells, but they were never near as good at healing as other healer classes, having a much stricter and weaker selection of healing abilities (though, they have access to some very good berries.)

Druids are, and always have been, an extremely potent class, as long as you play to their strengths.
    I'm hoping DDO'll keep that full selection, along with the limitations that balance them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraphim View Post
    Fly? That would break every quest in the game. You would see folks falling from the sky in Korthos and dying. It would be a rain of newbs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    Yeah. It's not "we nuked the city from orbit", it's "the city experienced a brief population drop". Check.

Quote Originally Posted by THOTHdha View Post
    Responses in Red.

Also, Druids are pretty fantastic casters in 3.5. Their other abilities are more of small extra perks. I have no idea what they were like in AD&D, but they are pretty overpowered in third edition.
    oh well, i do see you point.. thought personally i would still go with half elf.. =)

Reincarnate makes you left handed:

It would be more feasible to reincarnate a dead enemy, and have them serve you as a summoned monster. I think wishing that you could reincarnate a party member is a pipe dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnbeimnech View Post
    Like a ftp getting turned into a horc and then not being able to log into his character until he buys the race.
    As from the link provided "...A reincarnated creature recalls the majority of its former life and form. It retains any class abilities, feats, or skill ranks it formerly possessed. Its class, base attack bonus, base save bonuses, and hit points are unchanged..."

And further "...A wish or a miracle spell can restore a reincarnated character to his or her original form..."

So except of modified CON/STR/DEX and the race everything else stay unchanged and always the option to get back somehow. Even if this would be implemented, this change of form and stats would then be most likely only temporary. Meaning a relog of the character would work like a wish/miracle spell just like we heal to full health after reconnecting.

But I guess the easiest way would be to do it like it was done in Baldurs Gate by implementing something like "Harper's Call" which is similar to "Raise Dead" of a priest, but the Druid need to sacrifice some of its own HP for this spell. Or using a house rule to give Druids the regular "Raise Dead" just 1/2 levels after the Cleric/FvS get it or apply it with a very long casting time (which the Reincarnation spell has by the way as well).

So my guess: They most likely will get some form to raise a dead character, but I wouldn't be surprised if till then comes in form of a enhancement clicky like the Undying Call.
    * We have collectable bags, hell even hireling folders, but can I have that 6-pack for my potions please?
    * Having already a past life on the dieng EU servers, I rerolled here and started from scratch as I like the game and the community, so lets see what awaits me here

Quote Originally Posted by Wickednisse View Post
    And if they don't give druids a resurrection spell then there would be little to no demand for healing druids.
    Druids can't use raise dead clickables or use scrolls? MY bard is a healing bard, there's demand for him, and he can't cast resurrection.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

Give me your True Hearts of Wood and I will cast reincarnate on you.

Good Luck
    -Anything is possible....if you don't understand the problem.
    -Better to be perceived a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt.
    -Luck is simply a crossroads between circumstance and knowledge, both are things you can control.

Tasmania - Yes it's an actual place and no, Tasmanian Devils don't spin around and eat people

Sure, throw in reincarnation. Make it so you are runed into a basic animal form wolf, bear etc... until you rest at a shrine. No special abilities, spells etc can be used except basic animal attacks.

Better then a soul stone but not as good as a rez.
    A friend will bail you out of jail.
    A mate will be sitting in there beside you saying "Damn that was awsome!!!"

Unguilded of Orien

Community Member

And as if by magic, Falco's post materializes as I am writing the following... >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Cardoor View Post
    Reincarnate makes you left handed:

Lol. Ala Phoebus - was that Arneson's or Gygax?

Possible solution to question of re-incarnate:

Dead party member is reincarnated into one of a limited number of semi-useful predators. A temp skill bar is implemented. Yes it will be awkward, but if you are brought into the body of, say, a wolf from being a bi-ped it would be a bit awkward! This effect lasts til you either get to a rez shrine or exit and re-enter the quest/dungeon.

I would say that it would be prudent to give the re-incarnate the same AC and 2-3 useful skills to blunder along with until they reach said rez-shrine.

If you are a bear - your get bite and claw; wolf - two different bite attacks; cougar - bite and claw; etc. It could be enough to help u get through and still assist the party in a limited capacity, but not enough to make it desirable. If you were a caster and you died, well, you will just have to wait to get to that rez shrine.

Gear? No clue, it is fantasy roleplay, maybe it is mystically reshaped into the essence of your new form until you get to the rez shrine.

Just my two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by artistx View Post
    looking at the spell list the closest thing they have to a rez spell is http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Reincarnate do you think they will try and add it? or just use the same rez spells from clerics/FS?
    I certainly don't think they will add it. Since the spell makes you randomly roll for your reincarnated race it would be bad news, and has potential for greifing unless the receiving party is given ar "Are you sure... This will likely make you a different race chosen at random" followed by a "ARE YOU REALLY SURE!!!!!" screen.

Also it has some monster races possible, which means They would have to add and test all those potential races as well.

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

I bet there will be just random de(buff) added for 1-5 minutes after coming back to life, giving +2/-2 to +4/-4 in some physical stats.

Quote Originally Posted by xSeverinax View Post
    I really don't get this whole fuss over druids. AD&D druids really are not that great. Severely limited in armor and weapons, unable to travel far from the region they guard, limited spells - certainly in pnp they are not main healers though yes they can heal. They are supposed to be true nuetral, and if alignments were enacted properly in DDO, they would not take sides in a conflict unless one side over balanced the other - this means that a druid could actually join the opposing mobs if he felt that the powers of good were getting to powerful and out of balance. Can you imagine that - one of the people in your pug group turning against the group and being able to hurt or even kill party members....
    Fortunately, DDO is based on 3rd edition rues

We'll have no vorpal bunnies here sir! or chickens for that matter, it smacks of FOUL SORCERY!
    Ex Euro player from devourer: Charaters on orien(Officer of Under Estimated & Nightfox): Wrothgar, Cobolt, Shadeweaver, TheMetal, Metaphysical, Allfred, Razortusk and many more.
    stuff by me: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...02#post4938302

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast