Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    14

    Default Help with Reincarnation

    I have a 12 Paladin / 3 Rogue that I would like to reincarnate into a 32 pt build (yes I have 1750 favor now). I would also like to change him into a 13 Paladin / 2 Rogue. I don't know at what character levels I took the 3 levels of Rogue, but I do know that I started as a Paladin, maybe up to level 4 or so before I took the 3 levels of Rogue. I would like to reincarnate with the 2 levels of Rogue first, then finish out the rest of the levels as Paladin. Is that possible and which Heart of Wood do I need?

    Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    Community Member Buggss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Warner Bros HQ... honest
    Posts
    2,196

    Default

    Assuming you didn't have 32 point builds when you made your toon you'd need a +1 greater heart (otherwise a +1 lesser heart).

    The greater would mean 32 points instead of 28 (excluding drow) and the +1 would mean one of the rogue lvls could be changed to another pally lvl. Depending on how you play you might want to consider keeping your first lvl on the character as a rogue as it gives a mad number of skills compared to taking a rogue lvl later on.

    So key point; AFTER lvl 1 as soon as you see that you took a rogue lvl first time round take a pally lvl instead and from there go with what the game gives you which will be the same as you took before.
    <------Pay no attention to the join date, played pre-launch in EU & moved to U.S. servers.

  3. #3
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    14

    Default More questions....

    The question I have is: Will the reincarnation prompt me to take the same class at the same character levels as I originally did? Character levels 1-4 were paladin then I took 3 levels of rogue (at character levels 5-7) then the rest were paladin again. I want to take character levels 1-2 as rogue then the rest (3 on) as paladin, is that possible?

    Also, do you have to remove all equipment and empty all backpack slots prior to reincarnating? Do crafting XPs remain or get reset? I assum everything else (quests completed, favor, etc) remains the same.

    Thanks again.

  4. #4
    Community Member Geonis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    St Louis, Mo
    Posts
    3,014

    Default

    You need a Greater Heart +3.

    Greater will change from 28 to 32 point build.

    To change the Rogue levels from 5,6,7 to 1 and (I suggest about level 7 for the 2nd level)

    +3 heart gives 3 changes

    -Level 1 change from Pal to Rog
    -Level 5 change from Rog to Pal
    -Level 6 change from Rog to Pal


    And take the 2nd level of Rog at level 7.

    Paladin the rest of the way.

    Edit- You don't need to remove any inventory or anything. It will take off your equipped stuff and put it in your backpack while you level up (assuming the minimum level is higher than 1). Just equip your stuff when you are done.
    Last edited by Geonis; 04-06-2012 at 11:43 AM.
    Hi, I play Generic Fantasy RPG Online, formerly known as DDO.

  5. #5
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Thanks!!!

  6. #6
    Community Member Crann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,813

    Default

    Actually, it would be a +5.

    If his current life was 1-4 Pally, then 5-7 Rogue, and he wanted the first 2 to be Rogue, then he has 5 class changes.

    It would not make sense to do it this way tho...use the +3, and change level 1 to rogue, and 5 and 6 to Pally as suggested above.

    Spreading the Rogue levels apart like that will utilize skill points more efficiently.

  7. #7
    Community Member Jay203's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    6,123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crann View Post
    Actually, it would be a +5.

    If his current life was 1-4 Pally, then 5-7 Rogue, and he wanted the first 2 to be Rogue, then he has 5 class changes.

    It would not make sense to do it this way tho...use the +3, and change level 1 to rogue, and 5 and 6 to Pally as suggested above.

    Spreading the Rogue levels apart like that will utilize skill points more efficiently.
    right, it does seem like the OP would need a +5 greater heart unless he took the rogue lvl at lvl 2~4
    otherwise he'll need to get rid of replace 3 rogue lvls with 3 pally and 2 pally with 2 rogue
    totaling 5
    PS: Greensteel RUINED the game! and you all know it!
    less buffing, more nerfing!!!
    to make it easier for those of you that wants to avoid me in game, all my characters are in "Bladesworn Mercenaries"

  8. #8
    Community Member DrawingGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    My place
    Posts
    777

    Default

    He should only use a +3 and follow Geonis' plan. There is a good reason to swap out the level for his first level to be rogue, which would require the +3. There is ZERO reason to have his level 2 to be rogue. He'll be 13 pali, 2 rogue whether that second level was taken at 2, 5, 6, or 7. He gains no special skill points or feats for it being on any integral past first level.

  9. #9
    Community Member Jay203's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    6,123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DrawingGuy View Post
    He should only use a +3 and follow Geonis' plan. There is a good reason to swap out the level for his first level to be rogue, which would require the +3. There is ZERO reason to have his level 2 to be rogue. He'll be 13 pali, 2 rogue whether that second level was taken at 2, 5, 6, or 7. He gains no special skill points or feats for it being on any integral past first level.
    i guess it's safe to assume op will be using evasion, so it should be fine i suppose
    if evasion isn't used for his build and he's only using rogue for the skill points and opening up UMD, i'd take the second rogue at 20
    PS: Greensteel RUINED the game! and you all know it!
    less buffing, more nerfing!!!
    to make it easier for those of you that wants to avoid me in game, all my characters are in "Bladesworn Mercenaries"

  10. #10
    Community Member Buggss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Warner Bros HQ... honest
    Posts
    2,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rutherian View Post
    The question I have is: Will the reincarnation prompt me to take the same class at the same character levels as I originally did? Character levels 1-4 were paladin then I took 3 levels of rogue (at character levels 5-7) then the rest were paladin again. I want to take character levels 1-2 as rogue then the rest (3 on) as paladin, is that possible?

    Also, do you have to remove all equipment and empty all backpack slots prior to reincarnating? Do crafting XPs remain or get reset? I assum everything else (quests completed, favor, etc) remains the same.

    Thanks again.
    No need to remove anything, favour rewards stay the same, no TR caches or anything similar.

    As said if you didn't take your first lvl as rogue that's best if fixed, therefore you'll need the +3 greater meaning swap lvl 1 from pally to rogue then one of the later pally lvls to rogue, preferably after 6-7 to make sure you get best use of skill points although we don't know if you're just after cha based skills or trying to maintain rogue skills. (That'll be tough as pallies have naff skill points)
    <------Pay no attention to the join date, played pre-launch in EU & moved to U.S. servers.

  11. #11
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    14

    Default Thanks so much

    Thanks for all the posts and thought out replies. After carefully reading it appears the best solution is to use the +3 and swap out pally for rogue at first level and then just swap two of my original three rogue levels to paladin leaving the second rogue level where I originally took it.

    Thanks again

  12. #12
    Community Member Buggss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Warner Bros HQ... honest
    Posts
    2,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rutherian View Post
    Thanks for all the posts and thought out replies. After carefully reading it appears the best solution is to use the +3 and swap out pally for rogue at first level and then just swap two of my original three rogue levels to paladin leaving the second rogue level where I originally took it.

    Thanks again
    You're welcome, glad we could all help.
    <------Pay no attention to the join date, played pre-launch in EU & moved to U.S. servers.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload