Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 53
  1. #1
    Community Member artistx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    178

    Default Druid Rez spell: Reincarnate

    looking at the spell list the closest thing they have to a rez spell is http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Reincarnate do you think they will try and add it? or just use the same rez spells from clerics/FS?

  2. #2
    Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council
    Uska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Behind you with a claw hammer
    Posts
    25,337

    Default

    As common as death is and as great an effect that reincarnate would have on characters I cant see them adding it


    Beware the Sleepeater

  3. #3
    Community Member Lonnbeimnech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,339

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    As common as death is and as great an effect that reincarnate would have on characters I cant see them adding it
    Like a ftp getting turned into a horc and then not being able to log into his character until he buys the race.

  4. #4
    Community Member jwdaniels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Deepest, darkest New Jersey
    Posts
    2,198

    Default

    If it were me, I would not give them a rez spell at all. Regular ressurection has traditionally been the purview of clerics (and favored souls) and keeping that from druids will help preserve the distinction between the classes.

    As far as reincarnation, that would probably be far more of a pain in the ass than it's worth to implement properly - changing races = changing stats, appearance, possible equipment issues (going to halfling from warforged and being suddenly naked) - and I don't see that as being worth it. If you're going to implement it half-assed (like make it a rez or give 4 generic options for your temporary new body) then there's no real point to it at all anyway.


    Proud officer of Crate and Barrel Smashing, LLC

  5. #5
    Founder Solmage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Top of the world, aka Canada
    Posts
    4,119

    Default

    Reincarnate:

    You get rezzed but you now have the stats (and ideally, the appearance) of a fluffy bunny until you slowly morph back into whatever you used to be.
    Devs: Thanks for making Druids available to VIPs without the pack. This more than anything, has made me want to buy the pack.

  6. #6
    Community Member Diesastrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    21

    Default

    They could just have the reincarnated person come back a wolf or bear or anyother animal that druids can shape change into (since the animation to swap back to normal and the animal forms will be in game already) for 30 secs to 1 minute.

  7. #7
    Community Member Wickednisse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwdaniels View Post
    If it were me, I would not give them a rez spell at all. Regular ressurection has traditionally been the purview of clerics (and favored souls) and keeping that from druids will help preserve the distinction between the classes.

    As far as reincarnation, that would probably be far more of a pain in the ass than it's worth to implement properly - changing races = changing stats, appearance, possible equipment issues (going to halfling from warforged and being suddenly naked) - and I don't see that as being worth it. If you're going to implement it half-assed (like make it a rez or give 4 generic options for your temporary new body) then there's no real point to it at all anyway.
    And if they don't give druids a resurrection spell then there would be little to no demand for healing druids.

  8. #8
    Community Member decease's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    728

    Default

    there is just no way they gonna do that.. i mean by rule that spell is nasty. after you cast it you have no clue which form your companion will return as, i mean the tank in team could return as a rabbit =P and would you expect a rabbit tank lotb? XD or maybe have several hen healing the rabbit? looooooooool

  9. #9
    Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council
    Uska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Behind you with a claw hammer
    Posts
    25,337

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwdaniels View Post
    If it were me, I would not give them a rez spell at all. Regular ressurection has traditionally been the purview of clerics (and favored souls) and keeping that from druids will help preserve the distinction between the classes.

    As far as reincarnation, that would probably be far more of a pain in the ass than it's worth to implement properly - changing races = changing stats, appearance, possible equipment issues (going to halfling from warforged and being suddenly naked) - and I don't see that as being worth it. If you're going to implement it half-assed (like make it a rez or give 4 generic options for your temporary new body) then there's no real point to it at all anyway.
    I Agree no Rez for Druids


    Beware the Sleepeater

  10. #10
    Community Member Havok.cry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Sarcasm Inc., Sarlona Branch
    Posts
    3,121

    Default

    They only way I could see them implementing it, is if it is a temporary race change. I would hope that warforged would be immune to the race change (and possibly the spell entirely) and no one could change into warforged, this would be to prevent the spell from causing equipment issues.

    That being said I wouldn't mind much If I was not stuck in a healer role because I can't res... I dislike healing (reluctantly willing when I need to, but not something I like to do)
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

  11. #11
    Community Member decease's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    728

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    I Agree no Rez for Druids
    disagree...druid need a res spell... so either implement this... or give us the regular one =P

  12. #12
    The Hatchery Habreno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Argonessen
    Posts
    1,834

    Default

    Just give them Resurrect alone at level 9 spell.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLegendOfAra View Post
    Welcome to Argo, where our end game players are constantly striving for new and exciting ways to make themselves more gimp, and continually working towards progressively more pointless goals.
    BYOH. Know it, abide by it, or don't mess with those who do.

  13. #13
    Community Member Emili's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Meath co. Ireland
    Posts
    9,242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wickednisse View Post
    And if they don't give druids a resurrection spell then there would be little to no demand for healing druids.
    Fact be I've only ever seen reincarnate used once in DnD and was not a pretty sight.

    Why? My fighter, my bards, ... rogue can res, even my Barb can res... mind you some are clickied but bringing people back from the dead is quite easily done from many classes.

    At x4 skill points I'd imagine many a druid may get adequate UmD ... even at a cross class (11) skill is not that difficult to turn into an adequate chance on a res scroll, so many pallys do so.

    Druidical class power in DnD is not so much a healer although they may.
    Last edited by Emili; 03-31-2012 at 01:48 PM.
    A Baker's dozen in the Prophets of the New Republic and Fallen Heroes.
    Abaigeal(TrBd25), Ailiae(TrDrd2), Ambyre(Rgr25), Amilia(Pl20), Einin(TrRgr25), Emili(TrFgt25), Heathier(TrClc22), Kynah(TrMnk25), Meallach(Brb25), Misbehaven(TrArt22), Myara(Rog22), Rosewood(TrBd25) and Sgail(TrWiz20) little somethings with flavour 'n favour

  14. #14
    Community Member Warinx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    156

    Default

    When you get to the power of lvl 9 spells, being able to cast a lvl 5 spell like raise dead is easily done through Miracle / Wish for any spell caster of that level.
    Eurotrash™ playing on Khyber, Crimson Eagles
    Paramount - 20 TR3 Horc Blitz | Razing - 20 FvS TRing for more caster lives | Warcrier - 20 TR2 14/6 Warchanter Kensei

  15. #15
    Community Member wax_on_wax_off's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    7,870

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lonnbeimnech View Post
    Like a ftp getting turned into a horc and then not being able to log into his character until he buys the race.
    This would be hilarious.

    I'd like to see a True Reincarnation spell at level 9 with some very expensive material components (15 epic dungeon tokens?) to reduce the cost of TR'ing and to create a new market, I'm sure that would make the class sell.

    I think either having Reincarnate bring back an ally as an animal temporarily (wears off after death penalties expire) and/or allowing it to be hastened by a polymorph other spell (though this might add polymorph sickness to the list of ailments). Druids of course should be able to return to their original form normally, any other class with a shape change ability too (pale masters, maybe savants if they get elemental forms?).
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Welcome to Dungeons and Dragons Online, and thanks for playing!
    Build Index

  16. #16
    Community Member testing1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    725

    Default

    how cool would it be to be able to reincarnate a TR into his last life instead of his current, need a cleric just ask team anyone have a past life cleric?
    a completionist druid could convert himself to any of his past lives so awesome and OP

    but yeah equipment and trouble implementing it way to much bother just a fun idea to play with im not to serious more of someting would work pnp but not in a mmo

  17. #17
    Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council
    Uska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Behind you with a claw hammer
    Posts
    25,337

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by testing1234 View Post
    how cool would it be to be able to reincarnate a TR into his last life instead of his current, need a cleric just ask team anyone have a past life cleric?
    a completionist druid could convert himself to any of his past lives so awesome and OP

    but yeah equipment and trouble implementing it way to much bother just a fun idea to play with im not to serious more of someting would work pnp but not in a mmo
    the druid reincarnate spell wouldnt work that way the spell reincarnates them into a random race or creature if that creature is capable of being a certain class then they can gain levels as that class.


    Beware the Sleepeater

  18. #18
    Community Member BigSlugger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    432

    Default

    What I would like to see is the spell reincarnate you into a kobold for temporary period of time. During which you complain bitterly about how this job sucks and you weren't supposed to be here today.

  19. #19
    Community Member xSeverinax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    363

    Default

    I really don't get this whole fuss over druids. AD&D druids really are not that great. Severely limited in armor and weapons, unable to travel far from the region they guard, limited spells - certainly in pnp they are not main healers though yes they can heal. They are supposed to be true nuetral, and if alignments were enacted properly in DDO, they would not take sides in a conflict unless one side over balanced the other - this means that a druid could actually join the opposing mobs if he felt that the powers of good were getting to powerful and out of balance. Can you imagine that - one of the people in your pug group turning against the group and being able to hurt or even kill party members....
    Thelanis;

  20. #20
    Community Member decease's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    728

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xSeverinax View Post
    I really don't get this whole fuss over druids. AD&D druids really are not that great. Severely limited in armor and weapons, unable to travel far from the region they guard, limited spells - certainly in pnp they are not main healers though yes they can heal. They are supposed to be true nuetral, and if alignments were enacted properly in DDO, they would not take sides in a conflict unless one side over balanced the other - this means that a druid could actually join the opposing mobs if he felt that the powers of good were getting to powerful and out of balance. Can you imagine that - one of the people in your pug group turning against the group and being able to hurt or even kill party members....
    true.. but in ddo it is all different.. i mean if you check all the btp class/race they are all superior then f2p ones. just look at horc, helf, wf.. then look at monk, fvs, artificer.. so likely druid will be all mighty when it first release =P

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload