Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Tiagarit [TRing] Swys [28 Pally]
    The Guardians of Golden Gold on Khyber

Community Member

The reason we eat so much vegemite is because its very high in Vitamin B and gives off a natural pheremone that Dropbears hate. That's why its rare to see an actual Australian attacked by a Dropbear....its always some tourist - usually a Seppo, who gets attacked. Scientists think its more to do with your junk food diets that attracts them so much.

So best advice, if any Americans come to visit please be aware of Dropbear season (Sept through to May) if you are going out bush, and take the proper precautions. Best natural remedy is to rub some vegemite into your exposed skin areas like face, arms, shoulders, back of your neck etc Best of all its a natural sun screen as well.

As they say, prevention is better than the cure so start eating it at least 6 months before you fly over. jsut remember - its not bloody peanut butter, you spread it ultra lightly. So thin that as you spread it it melts into the butter and 'mushes' up the top of the toast. I prefer my toast to be nice thick cut, around 1 inch, slices. Melted butter and vegemite - yum

Lastly, to my Kiwi cousins making their way to our wide brown land in record numbers each year - the best thing about you blokes moving here ? Knowing your kids are going to grow up to be Wallabies supporters

Community Member wax_on_wax_off's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ashbinder View Post

When you decide you'd prefer a more adult beverage we come to the iconic Bundaberg Rum. Why is the mascot a polar bear? Visit Bundaberg in summer and you'll understand. There might be stronger spirits out there but few will get the yobbos going like a Bundy.
    Bundy is not good liquor, it's about as bad as it comes actually. Fosters is bad in Australia but good overseas, bundy is just plain rubbish anywhere.

Fosters is a funny one, the iconic beer is about the worst beer that you can get in australia but if you have it overseas it's excellent, made with better water I suppose.

Obviously, the water is the secret, get your beer from Tasmania and you can't go wrong, SA Coopers and some WA beers are excellent too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Welcome to Dungeons and Dragons Online, and thanks for playing!
    Build Index

Quote Originally Posted by wax_on_wax_off View Post
    Bundy is not good liquor, it's about as bad as it comes actually. Fosters is bad in Australia but good overseas, bundy is just plain rubbish anywhere.

Fosters is a funny one, the iconic beer is about the worst beer that you can get in australia but if you have it overseas it's excellent, made with better water I suppose.

Obviously, the water is the secret, get your beer from Tasmania and you can't go wrong, SA Coopers and some WA beers are excellent too.
    I disagree! I would kill to get Bundy shipped here--it's a million times better than any of our rums in the US. I'm seriously contemplating smuggling a few bottles home in my luggage after my next trip to AU.
    Duvessah-23TR Sr/Sr, Zephyyrus-26TR Cl/3xWz/Cl, Hasbigcrits-21 Ftr, Sneekin-22 Rogue
    Quina-17TR Expl/Wiz-Rog, Demeres-25TR Clg/Clg, Kissin-23TR Cl/Arti, Ziggee-4TR Bard,
    Eyshe-22 Favored Soul, Menddin-22 FVS, Zodagh-25 Barbarian, Teagon-11 Druid
    Groemph-17 shortbus build, Karevia-9 Wiz, Yysooomany-17 Pali >> Officer-The Ashen

Quote Originally Posted by wax_on_wax_off View Post

It's the same thing with Stella Artois. In Britain it's probably one of the most popular lagers (especially among football hooligans ), however, it is considered just about the worst beer on the market in Belgium.

Fosters is also popular in the UK, so it doesn't surprise me that it's considered rubbish in its home country... it seems to be a trend

We know nothing about lager, as those really in the know favour bitter (not to mention whiskey/whisky, etc.).

As for saying the Irish can't hold their liquor... It'd be interesting to see an Aussie and and an Irishman having a drinking competition! It's not just about the Guinness, it's normally accompanied by a whiskey chaser!
    Last edited by Zogdor; 05-04-2012 at 08:27 AM.
    Jackovall (Completionist Wizard - Life 18/18) -- Gilders PDK Barb Stalwart (Life 7/7) -- Zogdor Dwarf 20 Rogue (Life 3/3) -- Taykare 18 Cleric / 2 Paladin (Life 12/12) -- Sheo Bladeforged Rogue Mechanic (life 12/12) --
    Double Deviants

Community Member wax_on_wax_off's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zigana View Post
    I disagree! I would kill to get Bundy shipped here--it's a million times better than any of our rums in the US. I'm seriously contemplating smuggling a few bottles home in my luggage after my next trip to AU.
    Coruba, can count on your Jamaican neighbours when it comes to rum.

Quote Originally Posted by Zogdor View Post
    It's the same thing with Stella Artois. In Britain it's probably one of the most popular lagers (especially among football hooligans ), however, it is considered just about the worst beer on the market in Belgium.

Fosters is also popular in the UK, so it doesn't surprise me that it's considered rubbish in its home country... it seems to be a trend

We know nothing about lager, as those really in the know favour bitter (not to mention whiskey/whisky, etc.).
    Oh how I miss my Belgium beer, I swear I had to change my pants after each visit to a Belgium beer dispenser, particularly that Rochefort 10, blew my mind (among other things). DP got me a 6 pack for my birthday, set her back almost $12/stubby! Worth it though *if* you can get it to the right temperature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Welcome to Dungeons and Dragons Online, and thanks for playing!
    Build Index

Vegemite is a secret art.
    As a boy encountering this mysterious spread, its power was far to great for my pallet to comprehend, it was akin to eating liver or sucking lemons. Growing into a teen, the modern right of passage for a boy is; how much vegemite can you eat in one mouthful. This ritual will take you beyond your limits of taste into a new realm of manlyness.

Woe to the stranger who tries the black broth without initiation. Lesser men must first wean themselves onto the stuff by spreading miniscule amounts onto toast. Just enough to lightly flavor the bread (less than 1/16th teaspoon) with butter, then work your way up the man chain. Your body will learn its vitamin goodness and your brain will start telling you it tastes good.

As to Kiwis, they can handle anything, including Aussies, but as its Kiwis putting up with Aussies, then the Aussies are the beasts in this situation. I suspect they become beasts by fighting snakes, crocs and abbos all day long.
    Proof: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xmzCu3VV6E#t=2m35s

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345