Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Stonedust Handwraps MIA?

Just wondering if anyone has pulled these since U13. My wife and I have been ransacking those chests on many many characters and neither one of us has seen them yet. I know they are rare but I am sort of wondering if something could be broken or if we are having a string of bad luck.
    Persius, Equus, Maeric, Khaaldun, Robotcoupe
    The Exploration Society ~ Thelanis

Quote Originally Posted by Roland_D'Arabel View Post
    Just wondering if anyone has pulled these since U13. My wife and I have been ransacking those chests on many many characters and neither one of us has seen them yet. I know they are rare but I am sort of wondering if something could be broken or if we are having a string of bad luck.
    i've seen ppl pulling it still, so yes, they are dropping

mostly just bad luck i guess. since i can't get those stupid fists but i pull everything else =_=
    PS: Greensteel RUINED the game! and you all know it!
    less buffing, more nerfing!!!
    to make it easier for those of you that wants to avoid me in game, all my characters are in "Bladesworn Mercenaries"

@OP:

You're unlucky. It happens to all of us!

Caution: The following may not be anything remotely resembling truth.
    There are many ways to improve your loot-acquiring experience.
    I suggest one or both of the following!

#1: Start a superstition. Many people worldwide believe that superstitious behaviors cause good fortune. Some examples in DDO have included having every party member in the quest open the chest at the same time, or using Diplomacy on the chest before opening. Since some people who do this have, due to pure chance, found the item they wanted, that is a clear correlation between cause and effect.

#2: Make a new character! Some people claim that some characters are inherently luckier than others. Like Halflings. Did you know that Halflings have a racial enhancement named "Halfling Luck"? Sure, it 'says' that it increases your saving throws. But it doesn't explicitly deny doing other things too.

Rofl
    A PUG is like a box of chocolates
    Get people to read your post.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    #2: Make a new character! Some people claim that some characters are inherently luckier than others.
    Well, for what it's worth, the Wi Flag proved such bugs are certainly possible.

@OP:

#1: Start a superstition. Many people worldwide believe that superstitious behaviors cause good fortune. Some examples in DDO have included having every party member in the quest open the chest at the same time, or using Diplomacy on the chest before opening. Since some people who do this have, due to pure chance, found the item they wanted, that is a clear correlation between cause and effect.

#2: Make a new character! Some people claim that some characters are inherently luckier than others. Like Halflings. Did you know that Halflings have a racial enhancement named "Halfling Luck"? Sure, it 'says' that it increases your saving throws. But it doesn't explicitly deny doing other things too.
    LOL!!!

You're always refreshing, Feather.

A guildy of mine indicated that when trying to find Tinker's Goggles, he ended up with four pairs of Cannith Boots of Propulsion. The trick, for sure, is to go into the quest resolute to loot a different item than what you are actually seeking. When the Stonedust Handwraps are no longer your objective, they will rain down on you in dozens.

So, uhhh...good luck pulling that... *sifts the DDO Wiki real quick* ...Rocksplitter. Yeah, that's the ticket! I know it'll *wink* *wink* be in the chest for next time.
    PLEASE FIX LAG. PLEASE FIX BUGS.

Ridiculing the OP seems rather harsh in light recent events.

Community Member TempestAlphaOmega's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphious View Post
    Ridiculing the OP seems rather harsh in light recent events.
    I am confused by your comments. Who do you believe to be Ridiculing the OP?
    Shapshap, League of Extraordinary Ham, Sarlona and a bunch of alts that all have names begining with Sha or Sho. Of course Shapshap could be the alt and one of the others the main, it just depends on what day it is.

@OP....yes, they are still dropping- pulled a pair 2 weeks ago (running solo, on my bard, so no guilt felt in looting them )

@FOS.... too funny
    Last edited by Elegorne; 03-31-2012 at 09:19 AM.
    Elegorne- 20 Dwarf Bard TR/Artigorne-16 WF Arti/Wizegorne the Gimp-20 Human Wizard/Healegorne 18 Dwarf Wannabe-Cleric and other assorted gimps -- Thelanis-Proud Officer of Dragonspire Legion

Quote Originally Posted by TempestAlphaOmega View Post
    I am confused by your comments. Who do you believe to be Ridiculing the OP?
    I believe that Dolphious is suggesting:

"If epic scrolls suddenly stop dropping without provokation with a new update, why couldn't a particular piece of loot also stop dropping?"

Though, I do not see any ridiculing. Good-natured ribbing, perhaps. But not ridiculing.
    PLEASE FIX LAG. PLEASE FIX BUGS.

Hatchery Founder
    2014 DDO Players Council

You may laugh, but I swear some of my characters are inherently luckier than others.
    RedShirt / Roleplayer of Giant Slayers, Inc. on Thelanis, formerly Tharashk.
    Member of the DDO Player Council

Coldin-Artificer; Lynton-Bard; Alydyn-Swashbuckler;
    Takai-
    Monk; Rosein-Paladin; Ellyiana-Cleric; Aurixs-Sorcerer

Community Member DeafeningWhisper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cauthey View Post
    A guildy of mine indicated that when trying to find Tinker's Goggles, he ended up with four pairs of Cannith Boots of Propulsion.The trick, for sure, is to go into the quest resolute to loot a different item than what you are actually seeking.
    That or doing Schemes on norm where goggles do drop instead of hard/elite where they hardly ever drop (if at all). The fact he got boots would indicate he ran it on hard/elite, tell him to try norm for a better chance at goggles.
    "Pike or do not. There is no lag."

idk im with the op on this... now it could be just me but I swear that the sword of shadow and it's shard/seal have not dropped since u13.

Sooo maybe slip those in with the scroll tables there..... ......

@OP:

#1: Start a superstition. Many people worldwide believe that superstitious behaviors cause good fortune.
    After close to 20 runs with no Muck Bane, my buddy told me his secret...
    You have to dance with the chest before you open it.
    It works and I now have an over 50% chance of pulling it when I do so.

Even yesterday I went in on normal to test out how well it works. 1st time through solo and I pulled it with a 2nd level paladin... (Halfling, which may be skewing the results now I have read the extra info provided by Feather)
    After a little Tolkien I am usually up for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by goodspeed View Post
    idk im with the op on this... now it could be just me but I swear that the sword of shadow and it's shard/seal have not dropped since u13.

Sooo maybe slip those in with the scroll tables there..... ......
    I've seen all 3 drop since u13. But geting SoS's from scroll farming woudl be cool... every wizard would have one.
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

One of my guildies got the Handwraps after U13.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delssar View Post
    Khyber is the worst server (IMHO) for community.

#1: Start a superstition. Many people worldwide believe that superstitious behaviors cause good fortune. Some examples in DDO have included having every party member in the quest open the chest at the same time, or using Diplomacy on the chest before opening. Since some people who do this have, due to pure chance, found the item they wanted, that is a clear correlation between cause and effect
    I fully believe that hitting the ship XP shrine on a capped character increases your chances of named loot and epic scrolls.

Quote Originally Posted by rimble View Post
    Well, for what it's worth, the Wi Flag proved such bugs are certainly possible.
    And guess which company developed the game where the Wi_Flag existed?

Hint: The same one that employs Feather
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

@OP:

From my cleric to my paladin I always use PRAYER before I open a chest. Honest I've gotten some good loot that way

@OP:

I'd +1 you sir, but I'm way too gimpy to be able to use the renown system unfortunately. How can you say halflings are lucky? They are freaky little munchkins, nothing lucky about that.
    Hello, hope all is well. And if it isn't, sorry about that.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast