Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hot Chick

Dude armour: Oh my eyes, aieeeeee!

I liked the concept art, too. Was very disappointed to see how ugly half elves were. They are good for many builds, for sure, but I'll never roll one or pay for the class when I go premium. Waaay too uncanny valley for me.

I'd love to use them if I could stand looking at them - do wonder if it would be worth a remodel for the increased race sales.
    Terebinthia, Terebynthia, Tereana, Tereaina, Tereanna, Terebyte, Terechan, Terebinthis
    The Hand of the Black Tower, Khyber.
    Cupcakes welcomed.

The female Half Elves aren't as horrible as the males are.

This really has put me in a postion when planning lives out.

Anything that I think I want to end up as a Melee/Ranged DPS'er, and subsequently a Half Elf, I am now rerolling as female.

I just really can't get past the male Half Elf character models.

It is not that they are just not good.....they are horrible....those beards?

Seriously....they caught all kinds of bad reviews on Lam, and I would hope before. Who would have though anyone would actually think they looked good.

The only way I can stand to play my male H-Elf is by using the cosmetic Ninja Mask.

Dev's, either do something with the Half Elf Males, or allow gender changes on TR. It would be more like half a gender change for the H-elf males.

HElfs can look pretty nice if you try to make them look nice.
    The only real complaint I have is that none of the eyebrows mesh with my tastes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Hi Welcome

i wish they improve how they look.. sigh.. for now the only things keep me playing helf is paper bag(helmet/mask) which i use to cover their ugly face..

p.s. the male version isn't so bad, if you could ignore their watering eye.

Purebreeds are much hotter ;P
    (btw, the left is Jemeneye, the right is Virgin Rose.)
    Last edited by whitehawk74; 04-01-2012 at 10:20 AM.
    My demands are simple. Ducks, penguins and tortoises as pets. I'll buy hats and bow-ties for them all.

Welcome to the Uncanny Valley. Unfortunatelly, the valley is different for every person. Myself, I think the half-orc BODY is on the valley, and unlike helf face's, I can't just put some bulk armor and not look at it. I mean, they are 2/3 torso like Johnny Bravo!
    Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist (12/14) [<o>]
    Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Kensai, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

really aside from the freaky angular jaw (an emphasis on freaky and angular) and eyes that are too close together, the female helves can be almost....ok..ish...sorta... as long as they have a hair style that covers the jaw line. the males are beyond repair. im sorry to whatever dev coded helves but maybe turbine can spring for some portraiture classes.

edit: ok only some of the eye styles are too close together, but i guess that could be said for most races as well.... stand by the weird freaky jaw

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by crisisphat View Post
    Umm...no. One of the things that I, and quite a few others I know like, is that the women of DDO wear realistic armor that actually covers what it's supposed to protect.
    1. I think they requested female half-elves to have attractive faces, like the tiefling in that picture, and not to dress like strippers.
    2. You seem to be overstating the realism of female armor or outfits in this game. All the time I'm seeing cleavage, exposed backs or exposed thighs, and in the case of at least one guy I regularly play with, I'm positive that his girl isn't wearing a store-bought armor kit.
    3. If we're dealing with enchanted armor and outfits here, it's hard to argue that them not covering the whole body is unrealistic. All of that can be explained away by magic. This is especially true in a world where enchanted garments or even bracers can provide protection similar to plate armor.

Quote Originally Posted by HalfORCastrator View Post
    LMAO! OMG, where is that pinkish purplish unicorn man picture?! Someone needs to post it here!
    Here you go, as you wish

I also agree they should help helves. I still can see this almost-pretty image in DDOStore - why not in game?
    You remember how they looked in those pics ...

Instead we got THIS:

and optimal version :
    Quote Originally Posted by Solmage View Post
    Why Godness Random? Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Alrik_Fassbauer View Post
    A *very* insightful article on female armor : http://madartlab.com/2011/12/14/fant...and-lady-bits/

Highly recommended !!!
    A humorous video on that topic:
    http://www.collegehumor.com/video/65...le-armor-sucks

UDR Loot Rules:
    1) No griefing people for pulling loot that dropped in their name
    2) When rolling, classes for which the item is "useful" get +10 to the roll
    example: Wiz and Barb both roll on a Torc, the barb saying "I'm TRing into an arcane next week"
    Wiz gets +10 on his roll

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12