Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1
    Community Member Mangloid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    510

    Default Need a little help tweaking my toon

    Disclaimer: I know WF are not optimal for tanking some of the higher end content. However, it's what I currently have. More importantly It's what I enjoy. So please if you are going to suggest a different race, don't post.

    Goal is to be able to tank elob if asked, but def to be able to tank all the rest of the content and hit all intim checks. I'd like to stay TWF with Kopesh and leave have all stats above 10 for silver flame pot use.

    Class: 18 Fighter/2 Rogue (yes i know i miss the capstone, but this is what I want)

    34 point build.
    1 Past life Fighter

    Stats

    STR: 17 +3 Tome 42 with gear and ship and stance
    DEX: 16 +3 tome 28 with gear and ship (could be 30)
    CON: 16 +3 Tome 36 with gear ship and stance
    INT: 10 +4 tome 15 with gear (-1 brawns) and ship
    WIS: 6 +2 Tome 15 with gear (-1 brawns) and ship
    CHA: 9 +3 Tome 20 with gear and ship


    Current Gear:

    Helm:+45 HP GS
    goggles: GS +6 CHA skills
    Neck:Stalwart Necklace
    Trinket:Brawn's Spirit (+2 Good Luck slotted)
    Armor: DT (10% heal amp/ 20%heal amp/ +3 dodge)
    Belt: Epic Belt of the Mroranon (GFL slotted)
    Cloak:Epic Envenom (+6 wisdom slotted)
    Bracers:Epic Gloves of the Claw
    Ring1:Cinder's Band
    Ring2:Epic Ring of the Silver Concord (=6 dex slotted)
    Boots:Hot swap: Striders/Anchoring/etc (no boots of corrosion yet)
    Gloves:Epic Gloves of the Claw
    Shield: Epic Kundarak Warding Shield (no Leviks, or Alchemical yet)
    Weapons: Kopesh Alchemical air/air. x1 , Min II x2

    Not 100% sure on feats since not on game to check but I think they are:
    Mith Body
    Toughness x1
    Weapon focus: Slashing
    Weapon specialization: Slashing
    Shield Mastery
    Imp Shield Mastery
    Imp Shield Bash
    Dodge
    Combat Expertise
    TWF
    Improved TWF
    Greater TWF
    Improved critical: slashing
    Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Kopesh
    Past Life: Student of the Sword
    Skill Focus: Intimidate

    I can hit 77 unbuffed (no boat/GH/etc) with items and 2 feats: Skill focus Intim, Past Life student of the sword

    In stance I'm only managing lower 800's HP. This is with ONE toughness, and 4 enhancements in racial toughness and 4 ranks in fighter toughness. It's too low for me to be comfortable, but I really hate dropping feats to take more toughness.I'm not totally against it though.

    How would you Tweak this and what feats would you suggest to make this better.
    Last edited by Mangloid; 03-30-2012 at 01:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
    Hi welcome!

    (I wonder if I'll get banned for this?)

  2. #2
    Community Member Talon_Oakenleaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    300

    Default

    I probably would have suggested more charisma at first if you planned on spamming intimidate. Too late now I guess. That would have saved the feat you used for skill focus for another toughness feat. You could always add a toughness to one of your epic items since you are not wearing minos helm. I only suggest this as you said you were concerned about you HP. I don't think HP's is your main concern. Healing amp is. Don't get me wrong I have WF toons as well, but what you are trying to do here is to make a viable tank. Yes with buffs you will be able to AC tank horoth on normal but you will need a healer willing to heal you or a wiz/sorc with enough amp willing to repair you. What I am getting at is most people I know are set in there ways when it comes to raids. I know on my healer I would rather heal someone with a lot more healing amp then you have. I can stand behind Horoth with my aura on, burst once in a while and heal scroll a very good tank with heal amp. I can save my blue bar. Your build will not allow me to do that. It would be useless to turn my aura on. So I would need to use the blue bar to heal you. Depending on the party I might have to drink some pots (Oh the injustice!). This is just on normal. Amp up the dificulty and most people would refuse to heal you outright, I am not saying this is justified but mostly true. So you could lose your stalwart bonus to get another 10% healing amp from the finger necklace, a 30% item would be needed as well. Then your amp would be much better. A light and darkness shield would be great if you were nuetral to add to AC.

  3. #3
    Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    12,759

    Default

    It would help if you listed the rest of your feats...

  4. #4
    Community Member Mangloid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Talon_Oakenleaf View Post
    I probably would have suggested more charisma at first if you planned on spamming intimidate. Too late now I guess. That would have saved the feat you used for skill focus for another toughness feat. You could always add a toughness to one of your epic items since you are not wearing minos helm. I only suggest this as you said you were concerned about you HP. I don't think HP's is your main concern. Healing amp is. Don't get me wrong I have WF toons as well, but what you are trying to do here is to make a viable tank. Yes with buffs you will be able to AC tank horoth on normal but you will need a healer willing to heal you or a wiz/sorc with enough amp willing to repair you. What I am getting at is most people I know are set in there ways when it comes to raids. I know on my healer I would rather heal someone with a lot more healing amp then you have. I can stand behind Horoth with my aura on, burst once in a while and heal scroll a very good tank with heal amp. I can save my blue bar. Your build will not allow me to do that. It would be useless to turn my aura on. So I would need to use the blue bar to heal you. Depending on the party I might have to drink some pots (Oh the injustice!). This is just on normal. Amp up the dificulty and most people would refuse to heal you outright, I am not saying this is justified but mostly true. So you could lose your stalwart bonus to get another 10% healing amp from the finger necklace, a 30% item would be needed as well. Then your amp would be much better. A light and darkness shield would be great if you were nuetral to add to AC.
    ./sigh

    ok, so you're only suggestion is to add toughness to an item? oh, and re-roll

    1st- Epic Belt of the Mroranon has toughness on it.

    2nd More Cha? Why? I hit 77 intim unbuffed. add +4 GH, +1 ship, +2 yughoh +2 skill song= 86 intim which I believe (could be wrong) is the eLob no fail.

    3rd- I need a 30& amp item? Last time I checked the Epic Cloves of the Claw has 30%. The only amp I am missing on the toon is the finger necklace (10%) and WF Healers friend III (5%). Soo that only 15% and the slot is occupied and enhancement points not worth it.

    So, you argument that it's hard to heal and a waste of turning on your Aura isn't correct. Is it as friendly as a human with all amps no, but then again most don't go full amp.They might go 30% human +30% claw gloves for 160%. Mines at 130%.

    50% WF +20% HF II +10% rune +20% rune +30% Claw gloves=130%.

    3rd I do have a Light and Darkness but the DR on it is 7 Epic Kundarak Warding Shield is 12. Unless I'm just desperate for AC there's no way I'd ever wear it. No tank would.

    I'd suggest you do a little research before offering invalid suggestions next time.

    and which part of the inital disclaimer didn't you undertand. help me out, so I can make it clearer that I have no desire to change this form a WF at this time.
    Last edited by Mangloid; 03-30-2012 at 11:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
    Hi welcome!

    (I wonder if I'll get banned for this?)

  5. #5
    Community Member Mangloid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    It would help if you listed the rest of your feats...
    I didn't list the rest of the feat on purpose because I'm not on game, but I'm pretty sure it's something like:

    Mith Body
    Toughness x1
    Weapon focus: Slashing
    Weapon specialization: Slashing
    Shield Mastery
    Imp Shield Mastery
    Imp Shield Bash
    Dodge
    Combat Expertise
    TWF
    Improved TWF
    Greater TWF
    Improved critical: slashing
    Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Kopesh
    Past Life: Student of the Sword
    Skill Focus: Intimidate
    Last edited by Mangloid; 03-30-2012 at 01:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
    Hi welcome!

    (I wonder if I'll get banned for this?)

  6. #6
    Community Member Talon_Oakenleaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mangloid View Post
    ./sigh

    ok, so you're only suggestion is to add toughness to an item? oh, and re-roll

    1st- Epic Belt of the Mroranon has toughness on it.

    2nd More Cha? Why? I hit 77 intim unbuffed. add +4 GH, +1 ship, +2 yughoh +2 skill song= 86 intim which I believe (could be wrong) is the eLob no fail.

    3rd- I need a 30& amp item? Last time I checked the Epic Cloves of the Claw has 30%. The only amp I am missing on the toon is the finger necklace (10%) and WF Healers friend III (5%). So that only 15% and the slot is occupied and enhancement points not worth it.

    So, you argument that it's hard to heal and a waste of turning on your Aura isn't correct. Is it as friendly as a human with all amps no, but then again most don't go full amp.They might go 30% human +30% claw gloves for 160%. Mines at 130%. No its not.

    50% WF +20% HF II +10% rune +20% rune +30% Claw gloves=130%. No it's not.
    3rd I do have a Light and Darkness but the DR on it is 7 Epic Kundarak Warding Shield is 12. Unless I'm just desperate for AC there's no way I'd ever wear it. No tank would. 6 stability does add up at higher difficulties, read the threads about the difference between 79 and 80 ac i believe that was what the thread was called. At higher difficulties 1 or 2 AC makes a huge difference. (this is what is called a suggestion)I'd suggest you do a little research before offering invalid suggestions next time.

    and which part of the inital disclaimer didn't you undertand. help me out, so I can make it clearer that I have no desire to change this form a WF at this time.
    Why so angry? I didn't tell you to re-roll I only gave you advice. Your Healing amp is 120.12 if you have all the listed above amps. 50% WF +20% HF II =70% then you multipy+10% rune then you multipy+20% then you multipy rune +30% Claw gloves=120.12%. As for Human the amp is not 160% The feats are worth another 30% so a human max healing amp with the same stuff your character has would be 223.08 and yes that is a huge difference, and yes my aura would be affected by it so my original suggestion still stands. The suggestion for more charisma was due to the fact that you did not list your intim number but you did waste a feat on focus for it so i had guessed that it wasn't that great because why would you waste the feat? Another toughness feat would help your HP which is what you were concerned about.

    If you want help you ask, and then people try and help you out. If you act like a jerk when people give that help, people are more than likely to not help anymore. If your true intention was to say how great your toon was then this post was a fail.
    Last edited by Talon_Oakenleaf; 03-30-2012 at 01:07 PM.

  7. #7
    The Hatchery whomhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mangloid View Post
    50% WF +20% HF II +10% rune +20% rune +30% Claw gloves=130%.
    That's not how healing amp works. Your healer's friend enhancements add to the 50% base, making it 70% base, in your example above. The rest of the numbers are all then multiplied by this base value.

    0.7 base x 1.1 rune x 1.2 rune x 1.3 claw = 1.2012, or 120% amplification.

    If you have the ship buff active then it is 1.32, or 132%.

    Incidentally, this also means that your calculation for humans is wrong as well. 1 x 1.3 x 1.3 = 1.69, or 1.859 with ship buffs.

  8. #8
    Community Member Mangloid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Talon_Oakenleaf View Post
    Why so angry? I didn't tell you to re-roll I only gave you advice. Your Healing amp is 120.12 if you have all the listed above amps. 50% WF +20% HF II =70% then you multipy+10% rune then you multipy+20% then you multipy rune +30% Claw gloves=120.12%. As for Human the amp is not 160% The feats are worth another 30% so a human max healing amp with the same stuff your character has would be 223.08 and yes that is a huge difference, and yes my aura would be affected by it so my original suggestion still stands. The suggestion for more charisma was due to the fact that you did not list your intim number but you did waste a feat on focus for it so i had guessed that it wasn't that great because why would you waste the feat? Another toughness feat would help your HP which is what you were concerned about.

    If you want help you ask, and then people try and help you out. If you act like a jerk when people give that help, people are more than likely to not help anymore. If your true intention was to say how great your toon was then this post was a fail.
    My purpose isn't to try and say how good my toon is. It's no close to being where is should be or else I wouldn't be on here.

    OK, I did do the amplification wrong. My amp is 120.12 without boat and 132.132 with a boat buff. As stated a majority of Humans aren't full max healing amp. A majority have maybe to 30% racial and 30% from the claw gloves which is 169 without boat and 185.9 with.

    I see your point an average of 50% more amp on a human isn't something to shrug off, However, I don't think that with the amp I have that it makes the toon unbearable to heal either.

    More Toughness feats would help. A vast majority take 3 toughness feats. I'm just really unsure of which to drop in order to get them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
    Hi welcome!

    (I wonder if I'll get banned for this?)

  9. #9
    Community Member WruntJunior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Thelanis
    Posts
    3,126

    Default

    First thing I would do is swap the Intimidate feats for toughness...you're really not going to be an eLoB tank anyways due to being WF, so hitting that intim isn't necessary - 44 hp (out of stance, more in stance) will be a much larger benefit.

    Second, work on getting a good tower shield - when your ac doesn't work, you're probably getting hit hard enough for the extra damage reduction to work. A good short-term solution would be the Epic Templar's Bulwark, which takes all of a day of farming part 2 of the U13 chain to get.

    Third, if you plan to stay WF, rework your gear a bit. Fitting in the 3-piece abishai set will help keep your ac higher, which will make you a valid tank in some harder content (where you would otherwise not be considered due to having half or less of the healing amp of other tanks). Consider swapping your HP helm for epic helm of frost, and your goggles for a GS hp item. Your intimdate will over-all suffer ~10 points, but you'll still be able to reliably intim any boss that you could reasonably expect to tank.

    That said, your goal of tanking eLoB will probably not be met reliably...you MAY get to be tank on an occasion or two, but the preference for eLoB is a high healing-amp tank with significant damage mitigation...and while you may have the damage mitigation, you don't have the healing amp - you would highly benefit from TRing into human if that is your goal.

    BTW, if your AC doesn't hit the mid-70s at least self-buffed, consider completely dropping AC - it may seem horrible at first, but it may very well be extremely helpful.
    Eternal Infinity: Wruntjunior ~ DI Sorc // Youngwrunt ~ Survivalist Paladin // Wruntarrow ~ Monkcher // Wruntsonmonk ~ Wis-Based Monk

  10. #10
    Community Member Talon_Oakenleaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    300

    Default

    OP I was not trying to say I would not heal you, all I was trying to point out is that there is a lot of people who will choose not to. If you want to be viable then you need to "shine" for better part of a word. It is very hard to prove that your an exception to a rule unless you gain that reputation. As for the healing amp issue, you say 50% but for a toon designed for tanking then most likely they do have the max healing amp which really seperates the two types of toons. I have a healer, I notice the difference in higher difficulty quests and raids. The reality is if I use 1 or less pots in TOD on the tank solo healing then they are a good tank. If I have to use many then IMO they need work. I am not trying to offend you so please do not take it this way. You will never have the healing amp to compete with other races. That is a simple fact, so you need to "shine" elsewhere. Did you take the full line of dr enhancements? Mithral body(i think thats what it is called)? Yes your shield gives you 12 dr, thats great to start but what can you get the total to? Maybe focus there. My HORC SD uses the light and darkness shield and yes he is true nuetral. I know your opinion on it, but what i am getting at is that his DR is around 20 I believe (need to check next time I log in) and that is not blocking DR. A WF can get higher than me, I am sure of it. Also AC does help, not getting hit or only hit a minimal amount of time will make up for healing amp, keep that in mind. On one more note, intim is great, hate is equally great so you could consider that as well. 125% fort or even 135% makes a difference as well.

    You asked for advice, I hope some of this might help.

  11. #11
    Community Member Mangloid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WruntJunior View Post
    First thing I would do is swap the Intimidate feats for toughness...you're really not going to be an eLoB tank anyways due to being WF, so hitting that intim isn't necessary - 44 hp (out of stance, more in stance) will be a much larger benefit.

    Second, work on getting a good tower shield - when your ac doesn't work, you're probably getting hit hard enough for the extra damage reduction to work. A good short-term solution would be the Epic Templar's Bulwark, which takes all of a day of farming part 2 of the U13 chain to get.

    Third, if you plan to stay WF, rework your gear a bit. Fitting in the 3-piece abishai set will help keep your ac higher, which will make you a valid tank in some harder content (where you would otherwise not be considered due to having half or less of the healing amp of other tanks). Consider swapping your HP helm for epic helm of frost, and your goggles for a GS hp item. Your intimdate will over-all suffer ~10 points, but you'll still be able to reliably intim any boss that you could reasonably expect to tank.

    That said, your goal of tanking eLoB will probably not be met reliably...you MAY get to be tank on an occasion or two, but the preference for eLoB is a high healing-amp tank with significant damage mitigation...and while you may have the damage mitigation, you don't have the healing amp - you would highly benefit from TRing into human if that is your goal.

    BTW, if your AC doesn't hit the mid-70s at least self-buffed, consider completely dropping AC - it may seem horrible at first, but it may very well be extremely helpful.
    Thank you, very helpful post.

    The more I think about it the more I think I'm going to have to TR.

    I'm waiting on a scroll to make the Boots of Corrosion and then would put on the Helm of frost for the three piece. Make a GS Min II HP item for my belt and slot toughness on the envenom cloak.

    I agree with the tower shield. Just haven't been lucky enough to get a Leviks or the mats for a Alchemical just yet.

    Self Buffed AC is 71/72 or so atm. So, it's right at the border line and has me going back an forth over dropping CE and Dodge for added toughness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
    Hi welcome!

    (I wonder if I'll get banned for this?)

  12. #12
    Community Member Mangloid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Talon_Oakenleaf View Post
    OP I was not trying to say I would not heal you, all I was trying to point out is that there is a lot of people who will choose not to. If you want to be viable then you need to "shine" for better part of a word. It is very hard to prove that your an exception to a rule unless you gain that reputation. As for the healing amp issue, you say 50% but for a toon designed for tanking then most likely they do have the max healing amp which really seperates the two types of toons. I have a healer, I notice the difference in higher difficulty quests and raids. The reality is if I use 1 or less pots in TOD on the tank solo healing then they are a good tank. If I have to use many then IMO they need work. I am not trying to offend you so please do not take it this way. You will never have the healing amp to compete with other races. That is a simple fact, so you need to "shine" elsewhere. Did you take the full line of dr enhancements? Mithral body(i think thats what it is called)? Yes your shield gives you 12 dr, thats great to start but what can you get the total to? Maybe focus there. My HORC SD uses the light and darkness shield and yes he is true nuetral. I know your opinion on it, but what i am getting at is that his DR is around 20 I believe (need to check next time I log in) and that is not blocking DR. A WF can get higher than me, I am sure of it. Also AC does help, not getting hit or only hit a minimal amount of time will make up for healing amp, keep that in mind. On one more note, intim is great, hate is equally great so you could consider that as well. 125% fort or even 135% makes a difference as well.

    You asked for advice, I hope some of this might help.
    All good things I'll keep in mind.

    If I rework my gear as stated in the last post it frees up a ring slot for maybe Omniscience. the added 25% fort could be useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
    Hi welcome!

    (I wonder if I'll get banned for this?)

  13. #13
    Hero JOTMON's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Orillia, Ontario
    Posts
    4,321

    Default

    WF Fighter 18/Rogue2 works just fine I enjoy mine the way he is built
    ..except I went Chaotic Good for some bizarre reason... why i didn't go true neutral eludes me must have been drunk..
    eLOb weekly with no issues.

    http://my.ddo.com/character/argonnessen/whatthetruck/

    WF Fighter/Monk has more Feats, HP, HealAmp and AC potential but I wanted easy UMD.


    I am a first lifer 32pt build, 70ac off the boat, 954HP stanced buff over 1khp decent healing amp (self scroll heal for 280hp).
    Sad that I can heal for more than I can reconstruct for...

    Buffed Intimidate hits 80.
    Took 3 tiers of healers friend
    WF Toughness enhancements
    WF Hate Enhancements
    UMD 40
    Ac 70 (could use some work here but seems pointless for most epics, if that changes could swap a feat for CE)


    Not sure about stat distribution off hand but did use a bunch of +3 tomes.. can see my stats at myddo.

    Current Gear:
    Helm:Epic Helm of Frost
    goggles: GS +45HP Dust
    Neck:Stalwart Necklace
    Trinket:Brawn's Spirit
    Armor: Epic Bladesmark/Docent of Defiance
    Cloak:Epic Envenomed(+4 natural armour)
    Belt: +6 Cha skills (Air guard-3x Haste clickies)
    Bracers: Leviks/Fabricators (working on Epic Bracers of the Claw)
    Ring1:Cinder's Band (20% healing Amp)
    Ring2:Epic Buccaneers Ring ( Dexterity +7,Luck +2, Protection +5)
    Boots:Epic Boots of Corrosion/Anchoring/Cannith Propulsion
    Gloves:Epic Gloves of the Claw/Epic Charged Gauntlets
    Shield: Leviks / Alchemical Tower-Air/Earth (Leviks is still better)
    Weapons: +5 Khopesh Adamantine Holy Burst of GCB/+5 Throwing Axe Adamantine Holy Bust of GCB,
    2x Epic Brigands Cutlass (Slotted:Silver, Anarchic Burst, Absolute Chaos, Vorpal, Incite 20%)

    Feats:
    Toughness x3 or 4
    Hamstring

    Other feats look the same(off the top of my head):
    Weapon focus: Slashing
    Weapon specialization: Slashing
    Shield Mastery
    Imp Shield Mastery
    Imp Shield Bash
    TWF
    Power Attack
    Improved TWF
    Greater TWF
    Improved critical: slashing
    Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Kopesh
    Last edited by JOTMON; 03-30-2012 at 09:20 PM.
    Jotmon - Let's not forget why we play these games - to have fun - ~
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200 (Former Guilds: ChaosKnights, Big Damn Heroes, Shadowfiends, Order of the Drow, Unusual Suspects, Raided R)
    Argo-Jotmon(Completionist - before the Otto's/XP pots easymode), Jotmonheals(Clr17/Rog2/Mnk1-Epic Completionist), Whatthetruck.. and many many more alts..

    Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.

  14. #14
    Community Member Mangloid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    510

    Default

    So it looks like until I decide to TR I need to rework my feats to the include following:

    Mithral Body
    Toughness x4
    Exotic Weapon Kopesh
    Imp Shield Bash
    Past Life: Student of the Sword
    Shield Mastery
    TWF
    WF: Slash
    WS: Slash
    ITWF
    IC: Slash
    GTWF
    PA
    Imp Shield Mastery

    I need to work on:

    1.getting a Boots of Corrosion Scroll, Add them
    2.Add Helm of Frost
    These will add the Abishai bonus of Profane Natural Armor Bonus +3, Profane Strength +3

    3. Move my GS HP Item to A belt (MinII)
    4 Add Epic Buccaneers Ring
    5: Finally Pull a Leviks or get a Alchemical Tower shield made

    Did I miss anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
    Hi welcome!

    (I wonder if I'll get banned for this?)

  15. #15
    Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    12,759

    Default

    I don't think it ever got updated with the shield feats, but have a look at BRC; my HE variant is more recent. Between the two it might give you some ideas. EDIT: also can you squeeze Dodge & Mobility? I presume Mobility affects Mithril Body.

  16. #16
    Community Member Mangloid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    I don't think it ever got updated with the shield feats, but have a look at BRC; my HE variant is more recent. Between the two it might give you some ideas. EDIT: also can you squeeze Dodge & Mobility? I presume Mobility affects Mithril Body.
    Thanks for the links, I will check them out.

    The only way I can fit those two feats in would be to drop 2 toughness feats bringing me down from 4 to 2. OR LR to change out the rogue levels for monk in order to grab the two additional feats. The monk levels intrigue me, but I really like the full access to UMD a little more.

    Right now I'm sitting with only one toughness feat. So I'll have to take a look at my HP when i swap out a feat to add a toughness. If I like where it stands I might just try to fit back in dodge and add mobility to see how it affects the toon.

    Thanks for the ideas
    Quote Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
    Hi welcome!

    (I wonder if I'll get banned for this?)

  17. #17
    Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    12,759

    Default

    Caveat: I haven't put a lot of thought into the enhs or feat order; and I don't know if where I took the rogue levels match your build. Nor have I bothered to make sure my stats are optimal for the gear you've got. Nevertheless, here's what I came up with as a possible LR:
    Code:
    Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 03.12.01
    DDO Character Planner Home Page
    
    Level 20 True Neutral Warforged Female
    (18 Fighter \ 2 Rogue) 
    Hit Points: 424
    Spell Points: 0 
    BAB: 19\19\24\29\29
    Fortitude: 17
    Reflex: 14
    Will: 5
    
                      Starting          Feat/Enhancement
    Abilities        Base Stats          Modified Stats
    (34 Point)       (Level 1)             (Level 20)
    Strength             17                    26
    Dexterity            16                    20
    Constitution         18                    22
    Intelligence          9                    13
    Wisdom                6                     8
    Charisma              6                     9
    
    Tomes Used
    +1 Tome of Strength used at level 3
    +1 Tome of Dexterity used at level 3
    +1 Tome of Constitution used at level 3
    +1 Tome of Intelligence used at level 3
    +1 Tome of Wisdom used at level 3
    +1 Tome of Charisma used at level 3
    +2 Tome of Strength used at level 7
    +2 Tome of Dexterity used at level 7
    +2 Tome of Constitution used at level 7
    +2 Tome of Intelligence used at level 7
    +2 Tome of Wisdom used at level 7
    +2 Tome of Charisma used at level 7
    +3 Tome of Strength used at level 11
    +3 Tome of Dexterity used at level 11
    +3 Tome of Constitution used at level 11
    +3 Tome of Intelligence used at level 11
    +3 Tome of Charisma used at level 11
    +4 Tome of Intelligence used at level 15
    
                      Starting          Feat/Enhancement
                     Base Skills         Modified Skills
    Skills           (Level 1)            (Level 20)
    Balance               7                     8
    Bluff                -2                    -1
    Concentration         4                     6
    Diplomacy            -2                    -1
    Disable Device       n/a                    n/a
    Haggle               -2                    -1
    Heal                 -2                    -1
    Hide                  3                     3
    Intimidate            2                    32
    Jump                  7                    10
    Listen               -2                    -1
    Move Silently         3                     3
    Open Lock             7                     9
    Perform              n/a                   n/a
    Repair               -1                     1
    Search               -1                     1
    Spot                  2                     3
    Swim                  3                     4
    Tumble                7                     7
    Use Magic Device      2                    22
    
    Level 1 (Rogue)
    Skill: Balance (+4)
    Skill: Intimidate (+4)
    Skill: Jump (+4)
    Skill: Open Lock (+4)
    Skill: Spot (+4)
    Skill: Tumble (+4)
    Skill: Use Magic Device (+4)
    Feat: (Selected) Mithral Body
    Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Fighter
    
    
    Level 2 (Fighter)
    Skill: Intimidate (+1)
    Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Two Weapon Fighting
    
    
    Level 3 (Fighter)
    Skill: Intimidate (+1)
    Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Khopesh
    Feat: (Selected) Toughness
    
    
    Level 4 (Fighter)
    Ability Raise: STR
    Skill: Use Magic Device (+1)
    
    
    Level 5 (Fighter)
    Skill: Intimidate (+2)
    Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Power Attack
    
    
    Level 6 (Fighter)
    Skill: Use Magic Device (+1)
    Feat: (Selected) Shield Mastery
    
    
    Level 7 (Fighter)
    Skill: Intimidate (+2)
    Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Improved Two Weapon Fighting
    
    
    Level 8 (Fighter)
    Ability Raise: STR
    Skill: Use Magic Device (+1)
    
    
    Level 9 (Fighter)
    Skill: Intimidate (+2)
    Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Improved Critical: Slashing Weapons
    Feat: (Selected) Improved Shield Bash
    
    
    Level 10 (Fighter)
    Skill: Use Magic Device (+1)
    
    
    Level 11 (Fighter)
    Skill: Intimidate (+2)
    Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Weapon Focus: Slashing Weapons
    
    
    Level 12 (Rogue)
    Ability Raise: STR
    Skill: Balance (+1)
    Skill: Intimidate (+1)
    Skill: Use Magic Device (+7)
    Feat: (Selected) Greater Two Weapon Fighting
    
    
    Level 13 (Fighter)
    Skill: Intimidate (+1)
    Skill: Use Magic Device (+1)
    
    
    Level 14 (Fighter)
    Skill: Intimidate (+1)
    Skill: Use Magic Device (+1)
    Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Weapon Specialization: Slashing Weapons
    
    
    Level 15 (Fighter)
    Skill: Intimidate (+1)
    Skill: Use Magic Device (+1)
    Feat: (Selected) Past Life: Student of the Sword
    
    
    Level 16 (Fighter)
    Skill: Intimidate (+1)
    Skill: Use Magic Device (+1)
    Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Greater Weapon Specialization: Slashing Weapons
    
    
    Level 17 (Fighter)
    Skill: Intimidate (+1)
    Skill: Use Magic Device (+1)
    
    
    Level 18 (Fighter)
    Skill: Intimidate (+1)
    Skill: Use Magic Device (+1)
    Feat: (Selected) Combat Expertise
    Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Dodge
    
    
    Level 19 (Fighter)
    Skill: Intimidate (+1)
    Skill: Use Magic Device (+1)
    
    
    Level 20 (Fighter)
    Skill: Intimidate (+1)
    Skill: Use Magic Device (+1)
    Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Mobility
    Enhancement: Fighter Armor Class Boost I
    Enhancement: Fighter Armor Class Boost II
    Enhancement: Fighter Armor Class Boost III
    Enhancement: Fighter Haste Boost I
    Enhancement: Fighter Haste Boost II
    Enhancement: Fighter Armor Mastery I
    Enhancement: Fighter Stalwart Defender I
    Enhancement: Fighter Stalwart Defender II
    Enhancement: Fighter Stalwart Defender III
    Enhancement: Fighter Khopesh Specialization I
    Enhancement: Fighter Item Defense I
    Enhancement: Fighter Item Defense II
    Enhancement: Racial Toughness I
    Enhancement: Racial Toughness II
    Enhancement: Racial Toughness III
    Enhancement: Improved Intimidate I
    Enhancement: Improved Intimidate II
    Enhancement: Rogue Dexterity I
    Enhancement: Fighter Strength I
    Enhancement: Fighter Strength II
    Enhancement: Fighter Strength III
    Enhancement: Fighter Toughness I
    Enhancement: Fighter Toughness II
    Enhancement: Fighter Toughness III
    Enhancement: Fighter Toughness IV
    Enhancement: Rogue Wand and Scroll Mastery I
    Enhancement: Warforged Brute Fighting I
    Enhancement: Warforged Brute Fighting II
    Enhancement: Warforged Brute Fighting III
    Enhancement: Warforged Brute Fighting IV
    Enhancement: Warforged Constitution I
    Enhancement: Warforged Healer's Friend I
    Enhancement: Warforged Healer's Friend II
    Enhancement: Warforged Power Attack I
    Enhancement: Warforged Power Attack II
    Enhancement: Warforged Power Attack III
    If I've calculated properly, the MDB for this build is 9 (DEX 28): base 5 (Mithril Body) + 1 ftr Armor Mastery + 1 ftr PL + 2 Mobility feat. [Dumb Q: can WF put Greater Nimbleness on epic docents?]

    Unfortunately, I've still only got 1 Toughness feat. The only thing I can think to drop to add a second is Imp Shield Bash. Or you could get rid of some or all of the WF/WS/GWS feats. Obviously, you're sacrificing DPS if you do that, but...well, so it goes on tanks. I'd love to squeeze in some tactics feats (Stunning Blow, Imp Sunder, Hamstring), but I don't see how that's possible as-is.

    Or you could drop Mithril Body: you lose 3 pts of AC, but no longer care about MDB; which means you could drop Mobility & Armor Mastery as well. Maybe replace them with, say, an extra Toughness and Imp Shield Mastery? With luck you'll find ways to push your DEX into the 30+ range to help make up for it.

  18. #18
    Community Member Mangloid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    If I've calculated properly, the MDB for this build is 9 (DEX 28): base 5 (Mithril Body) + 1 ftr Armor Mastery + 1 ftr PL + 2 Mobility feat. [Dumb Q: can WF put Greater Nimbleness on epic docents?]

    Unfortunately, I've still only got 1 Toughness feat. The only thing I can think to drop to add a second is Imp Shield Bash. Or you could get rid of some or all of the WF/WS/GWS feats. Obviously, you're sacrificing DPS if you do that, but...well, so it goes on tanks. I'd love to squeeze in some tactics feats (Stunning Blow, Imp Sunder, Hamstring), but I don't see how that's possible as-is.

    Or you could drop Mithril Body: you lose 3 pts of AC, but no longer care about MDB; which means you could drop Mobility & Armor Mastery as well. Maybe replace them with, say, an extra Toughness and Imp Shield Mastery? With luck you'll find ways to push your DEX into the 30+ range to help make up for it.


    Yes, you can slot nimbleness on a epic docent. Thinking Deneith Docent if I was to do that. I'd loose out on the 10% rune and have to switch the 20% to the TOD ring in that case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
    Hi welcome!

    (I wonder if I'll get banned for this?)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload