Community Member

Default tool tips sometime don't stay up very long

hi, using the hi-res on a new pc with win 7 x64.

tool tips on inventory items sometimes only last for a second or two.

tool tips on the bars where my spells are work fine. ditto for the tool tips on the top left bar.

this seems to be a recent problem (been playing for a few months on this pc).

is there a way to keep the inventory tool tips up longer?

thanks
    most of my characters are variations of "dworkin". surname is keyat.

I noticed that when I was looking for collectables tooltips to know where to deliver them. I gave up delivering all that junk, they are not worth the trouble searching for the collectors...

But theres a way to fix the item description. Just click on the icon on your inventory, and press the Z key. That key pops up the details for the item you have currently selected. Works on players, objects pretty much everywhere, enemies, stuff in your inventory, basically everything you can "select".

Cheers
    [Ghallanda]
    [Nemessi sorcerer][Helenya cleric][Riita cleric][Myrhea artificer][Shunrei monk][Sverlana rogue][Lillyannn paladin]

Community Member

If it's the same tooltip problem that sometimes happens to me, getting a tooltip from the Adventure Compendium up seems to reset the UI a bit and make other tooltips stay up.
    Now if I just knew how to fix it when the tooltips over items in hotbars don't show up at all.

Tooltips are a bit like handwraps, borked in multiple ways.

Sometimes my tooltips on hotbars stop working.
    Sometimes my tooltips last for 1 second or less, then flicker out, usually during laggy times
    Sometimes my tooltips are too large and scroll off the top of my screen.
    If my inventory box in on the right side of my screen, my tooltips for items in that box won't work. I have to move my inventory to the left side of my screen.

These are just a few of the things that make tooltips feel sloppy right now.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Founder & Build Synthesis Battlehawke's Avatar

Default options

You can select on a slider bar how longer you want the tooltips and item descriptions to stay up for...under the options panel..
    The Best Server: Gallhanda

Looking for a great guild? Check Out Our Guild: http://www.oldtimersguild.com/vb/forum.php

Looking for some good builds to play? https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...for-Characters

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by msdesign View Post
    I noticed that when I was looking for collectables tooltips to know where to deliver them. I gave up delivering all that junk, they are not worth the trouble searching for the collectors...

But theres a way to fix the item description. Just click on the icon on your inventory, and press the Z key. That key pops up the details for the item you have currently selected. Works on players, objects pretty much everywhere, enemies, stuff in your inventory, basically everything you can "select".

Cheers
    hmmm, my problem seems to be gone this morning.

its good to know about the "z" key.

thanks

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Battlehawke View Post
    You can select on a slider bar how longer you want the tooltips and item descriptions to stay up for...under the options panel..
    i can find a slider for the tool tip delay, but not for the length of time it stays up.

thanks