Community Member

Default classic adventure pack bundle

what quests do i get from pre-purchasing this and what ones will i have to buy once my VIP expires?

Community Member

What you get with the classic bundle is the Phiarlan Carnival (A Small Problem, Partycrashers, The Snitch, Under the Big Top), Attack on Stormreach (all the quests in Lordmarch), and IQ 1&2 (every quest in the IQ).

You'll need to buy all the other packs to gain access to them. I won't go through the list of them, but this site will help you: http://ddowiki.com/page/Adventure_Packs

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

Partycrashers is one of the very few quests I know so far which reall benefit from a high Diplomacy (not so much), Intimidacy and Bluff value.
    Plus relatively high jumping skills at a single point.

This is from the $79.99 Pack
    Sleeps
    DDO Classics bundle:

Phiarlan Carnival (content CR5 plus Epic mode for level 20+),
    Attack on Stormreach (content CR level 13),
    The Path of Inspiration (content CR level 17-19)
    The Dreaming Dark (content CR level 18-20)

DDO Epic Classics bundle:

Vault of Night (content CR level 10 plus Epic mode for level 20+),
    The Red Fens (content CR level 9 plus Epic mode for level 20+),
    Sentinels Stormreach (content CR level 6-8 plus Epic mode for level 20+),
    Devil Assault (content CR level 6/12/18 plus Epic mode for level 20+)

Quote Originally Posted by Alrik_Fassbauer View Post
    Partycrashers is one of the very few quests I know so far which reall benefit from a high Diplomacy
    What are others? The only ones which come to mind are Relic of Sovereign Past (convince duergar king to give the sword peacefully) and Diplomatic Impunity (convince wildman chief to let you pass).
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by brian14 View Post
    Diplomatic Impunity (convince wildman chief to let you pass).
    You don't need high diplomacy for that. You can succeed without any points spent there at all.

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    *Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

Quote Originally Posted by brian14 View Post
    What are others?
    I simply have no idea because I just don't own every pack.

Quote Originally Posted by MrkGrismer View Post
    You don't need high diplomacy for that. You can succeed without any points spent there at all.
    Yes, if you prefer a blood-shedding hacking & slashing play style, like in Action-RPGs.

Me, I don't.

And that's what is leaving me kind of unsatisfied with DDO in too many quests.
    DDO is too much designed to be an Action-RPG.
    And the *real*problem is that nowadays ANY RPG is designed to be a hackfest ! The very last C-RPG with a good implemented and reasonable "social interaction" system is to me the Drakensang series (the offline games alone).
    So, no matter where I turn to, action is already there (like with the hare and the hedgehog fable) and it is spoiling role-playing games for me. "I fight, therefore I play a role."
    Social interaction seems to be frowned upon by the game industry, or there would be more implementations of it.
    Last edited by Alrik_Fassbauer; 03-31-2012 at 05:31 AM.

I can see how walking up to the NPC, clicking on a dialog that says "Ok, you have to surrender now {Indimiate: 60}" and then the quest saying "ok, they surrender, you win, here's your chest" would be awesome and totally exciting, but, hey instead we have to do all that pointless dodging at the last second, using our reflexes, and all that other boring stuff.

But we endure.

In fact however, you can reach a peaceful solution in that situation with 0 ranks in diplomacy if you actually read and choose the reasonable options.
    Devs: Thanks for making Druids available to VIPs without the pack. This more than anything, has made me want to buy the pack.

Community Member

Yes, if you prefer a blood-shedding hacking & slashing play style, like in Action-RPGs.

Me, I don't.
    What a person prefers has nothing to do with it. The fact is that if you go into that quest and you pick the Diplomacy action with any character you will succeed, they set the bar so low on that option that you can't fail. Well maybe you could fail if you made a character specifically intended to fail in that quest, but every last character I have run thru that quest that picked the diplomacy action succeeded on it, and I am fairly certain I have never put a single point into diplomacy on any character.

The same is not true for the Delera's quest where you need diplomacy to get out of paying the plat.

On the flip side, in Diplomatic Impunity if you want to pick a fight with the Intimidate Option you actually have to have some ranks in Intimidate.

*Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

The fact is that if you go into that quest and you pick the Diplomacy action with any character you will succeed,
    Nope. Didn't work in my case.

Could have been Intimidation, too, though.

What a person prefers has nothing to do with it. The fact is that if you go into that quest and you pick the Diplomacy action with any character you will succeed, they set the bar so low on that option that you can't fail.
    I have 0 ranks in Diplomacy, and a -1 CHA modifier.

I successfully used this option on the mentioned quest. No buffs, no Diplo items, just a straight up negative one to the skill, and I was allowed to pass unmolested. So yeah, this seems to be about right.
    Bronies: For those who get it, no explanation is needed; for those who don't, none will do.

Community Member

Nope. Didn't work in my case.

Could have been Intimidation, too, though.
    The Intimidation option you need ranks in, the only one I have managed it on is my fighter that has taken ranks. It's a good battle that one. A bit overwhelming the first time I tried it.