Default Druid: Shillelagh

I'd be interested in seeing how http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Shillelagh works in ddo maybe worth splashing into my thief-acrobat.. I also wouldn't mind a monk splash similar to my healing clonk.

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Would be quite poor compared to almost any other weapon you could use not sure about 3.X but in earlier editions it couldn't be used on a already magic weapon

Ok in 3.X it works the same so it would be useless in ddo
    Last edited by Uska; 03-28-2012 at 09:41 PM.

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Perhaps it could work like Deadly Weapons used to, before they nerfed it a bit. Of course, it would only work for the druid and the quarterstaff/club he/she is wielding.

mehhhhh

basically a +1 to staff or club

kinda like the artificer enchant weapon

fine, but not getting excited over it :-3

Stay vertical !
    Halloween is dead on DDO.
    Kobalds stole it

Community Member

If they put it in I would actually expect it to work like the Paladin spell, Holy Sword but have a super-cheap material component (or no material component at all).

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    *Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

Community Member wax_on_wax_off's Avatar

I'm sure that they'll make it - and many other abilities accessible at low level - cool enough that even if a pure druid doesn't appeal to you you'll want to have access the druid class for optimal splashes.

I'm better +1 damage dice like how deadly weapons is supposed to work. I mean, it's just quarterstaff/club so an extra d6 damage, which'll be enough to get all those acrobat fanatics to get their wallets out for this new class.

At least, that's how they did it - and continue to do it - with monk. Examples:
    1. Maximum wisdom divine caster - requires monk splash
    2. Maximum ranged DPS archer - requires 6-12 monk
    3. Pajama tank - requires monk
    4. Best sustainable single target non SP based CC - stunning fist - monk splash (ok, maybe I'm reaching now)
    5. Fastest attack speed possible - monk splash

I'd expect to see parallels with the new Druid class, it's how they pay the bills afterall. In conclusion, yes, there's a good chance that Shillelagh will be *awesome*. I'll always remember the dwarf who wanted to be a druid in those books about the cleric in candlekeep iirc even though everyone told him he couldn't, "Sha la la!" He showed them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Welcome to Dungeons and Dragons Online, and thanks for playing!
    Build Index

Wheres flame weapon for arcane casters and darkfyre for clerics?
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Wheres flame weapon for arcane casters and darkfyre for clerics? Magic weapon, Greater magic weapon, keen weapon.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

I'm planning on making an acrobat druid, 13 rogue/7 druid. Shillelagh hopefully, which in PnP increases the size category two steps, so on a typical d6 staff it makes a +1 d10 staff. Of course I'm expecting the nonmagical clause to get dropped.

What I'm also really hoping for: Brambles/Spikes

-Wooden weapons only

-Brambles: 2nd lvl spell, +1 enhancement bonus to attack and +1/CL enhancement bonus to damage (max CL 10)

-Spikes: 3rd lvl spell, +2 enhancement bonus to attack and +1/CL enhancement bonus to damage (max CL 10), and doubles the critical range (does not stack with keen, improved critical, etc)

With spikes on a druid acrobat build, you're gaining about 4-5 damage before crit multipliers AND you get to save yourself a feat since you won't really need improved critical.
    Khyber: Runforr 13/6/1 Rog/Ftr/Mnk, Bakup 3/3/1 Mnk/Pal/Rog (TR Pal), Faylah 14 Mnk (TR Mnk), Janthyra 12/7/1 Brb/Rog/Ftr, Ainbthech 20 Sor, Fliethas 18/2 Fvs/Mnk, Unfilled 12/6/2 Mnk/Rgr/Ftr, Arcanemark 10 Wiz "Don't eat us dragon! We're like you, but smaller. And fly worse." - Kobold Crewman on the Heart of Wind

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Wheres flame weapon for arcane casters and darkfyre for clerics? Magic weapon, Greater magic weapon, keen weapon.
    Those are free to play, not getting any more love.
    ~ Gaeryus (Sor14/FvS4/Pal2) Firebrand ~ ~ Phlegma (12Fgt/6Rog/2Pal)(L13)(eTR2) van Moyst ~
    ~ Hakashe (Pal14/Monk6)(L3)Nurigatu ~ ~ Koergan (Cle17/Brb2/Fgt1)Flamebeard ~
    Ex-Captain of the Flying Funk ~ ~ Ascent ~ ~ Epic Farming Videos ~ ~ New and Exciting Bugs

And as a reply to the Original Poster,

You should be ashamed, to post anything that sounds like LAG!!!

Away with thee!!
    ~ Gaeryus (Sor14/FvS4/Pal2) Firebrand ~ ~ Phlegma (12Fgt/6Rog/2Pal)(L13)(eTR2) van Moyst ~
    ~ Hakashe (Pal14/Monk6)(L3)Nurigatu ~ ~ Koergan (Cle17/Brb2/Fgt1)Flamebeard ~
    Ex-Captain of the Flying Funk ~ ~ Ascent ~ ~ Epic Farming Videos ~ ~ New and Exciting Bugs

Quote Originally Posted by wax_on_wax_off View Post
    I'll always remember the dwarf who wanted to be a druid in those books about the cleric in candlekeep iirc even though everyone told him he couldn't, "Sha la la!" He showed them.
    Too bad about his arm .

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Wheres flame weapon for arcane casters and darkfyre for clerics?
    Dont druids get something similar? I know they did in NWN2.