Community Member

Default Paying and Downloading and TP Codes

I am at work and want to buy the Collecter's Edition. Does it start automatically downloading after purchase or do I have to be logged into my DDO account? Can I pay and download later? Also, how do the 11k turbine codes work? Do they email you the code in RL, email you in game, or just give you a code with your receipt?
    On Ghallanda: Fredthewise, Bobthebold, Davethedull, Joetheslow, Mikethemeek, Petethepale

Quote Originally Posted by hideyoshi1973 View Post
    I am at work and want to buy the Collector's Edition. Does it start automatically downloading after purchase or do I have to be logged into my DDO account?
    No you get a code to get MOTU activated on your account to unlock it

Can I pay and download later?
    As the release date for this expansion is 25 July then its a download later hence why its called a pre-order

Also, how do the 11k turbine codes work?
    Not 100% sure i believe you get a second code in your email (or second email) and that code get enter in game (someone might be able to spread more light on this as I didn't go for the 11k points)

Do they email you the code in RL, email you in game, or just give you a code with your receipt?
    You get the code after paying but you also get email copies of it too
    there is a FAQ but here we go answers in red
    Sig to come

Community Member

^^ all of the above ^^ and to elaborate on:

Not 100% sure i believe you get a second code in your email (or second email) and that code get enter in game (someone might be able to spread more light on this as I didn't go for the 11k points)

In the email you get with the code to put on your turbine account page you will also get a code for the 11K points, to use it you go IN GAME and click on buy more points and use it as if it is a game card code. You can use it on a different account if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    *Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

Quote Originally Posted by MrkGrismer View Post
    ^^ all of the above ^^ and to elaborate on:

In the email you get with the code to put on your turbine account page you will also get a code for the 11K points, to use it you go IN GAME and click on buy more points and use it as if it is a game card code. You can use it on a different account if you want.

thanks i had a feeling it might be that but as i said never did it (wish i could have afforded it tho)
    Sig to come

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Laprion View Post
    thanks i had a feeling it might be that but as i said never did it (wish i could have afforded it tho)
    Yeah, it was quite the deal. I had to do it. But it took me about a week to decide whether to put it on my normal account or put it on one of the F2P accounts I just made. I decided to put it on my normal account and keep the F2P accounts F2P, as that is part of the point of them (to see if I can get some characters to Level 20 completely F2P). That and very small guild bonus

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    *Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.