Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Community Member Perspicacity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Ketchikan, AK
    Posts
    729

    Default Is there a cap on haggle?

    Some one told me it caps at 65 is that true? Cause if it is it will simplify things for me a great deal.

    Eternium (Art 18), Tatooine (Bard 19), Technodrome (Wiz 18 / Rog 2), Thanigar (Brb 14)

  2. #2
    Community Member Hobgoblin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    hell.
    Posts
    3,633

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Perspicacity View Post
    Some one told me it caps at 65 is that true? Cause if it is it will simplify things for me a great deal.
    no.
    main toons: hauteur(silly caster) Sttomper (silly barbarian)-jammiee (Silly paladin)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    You are still completely free to run around like a jackrabbit on caffeine.
    quem deus vult perdere, dementat prius

  3. #3
    Community Member chance2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    347

    Default Not 65 I know

    If there is a cap its not 65.
    Fully buffed my haggle bard Xsong at level 20 is 78.
    When I hit the boost to take it from 75 to 78 it increases the amount I am getting for selling my stuff.
    I have run 4 characters through the Giant Vault 8 times each this week.
    Not counting the items I kept a few smiters and 2 + 2 str tomes
    Selling the loot to the house p pawn shop I made over 600k this week.
    I use the ddo viewer to keep track of when my ransacks go away.
    Now my DDO claims Xsong is not an active character and the viewer will not work for Xsong.
    Friday she will get her 8 runs through the vault.
    The type of bard she is (spellsinger)
    Unless the item is rare or has a guild slot I sell at the pawn instead of the auction anymore.

  4. #4
    Community Member sacredguyver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    706

    Default

    Look up LeslieWestGuitarGod's "Mississippi Queen" build, I believe there's a post in there breaking down how someone got the Haggle on that build all the way up to (and a couple points past ) 100.
    Quote Originally Posted by macubrae View Post
    A Dwarf's beard should be thick, strong and long enough to tuck under your belt (to keep kobolds from swinging on it and giants from swinging us by them).


  5. #5
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Community Member
    MeliCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4,199

    Default

    When I remember the ship buff for +5 mine is 81. This is a minimum geared character and no temporary resources used other than his own sp for buff spells.

    Totally worth making one on your alt account.
    ~Thelanis ~ Khyber ~

  6. #6
    The Hatchery sirgog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    17,127

    Default

    Haggle could have some interesting issues if we can get it much higher than present.

    I think it's about 160 or so where you can make money buying things then selling them back to the same vendor.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

    I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

  7. #7
    Community Member NexEverto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    796

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MeliCat View Post
    When I remember the ship buff for +5 mine is 81. This is a minimum geared character and no temporary resources used other than his own sp for buff spells.

    Totally worth making one on your alt account.
    I win! My Bard can hit 82 self buffed! 83 if I could ever find a damn +4 Charisma Tome...

    I'll admit though, mine started life as an Enchantment Focus CC Bard who got LRed in to a Haggle Machine with a whopping 300 HP and some pretty Bard twink gear...

    Maybe I don't win...

    But anyway, Haggle isn't like jump, there's no reasonable cap.
    || Arari - Cleric Rogue || Athyria - Satanic Mechanic || Ethirial - Arcane Archer || Tiarinlasa - Spell Singer || Zirron - Divine Avenger ||


  8. #8
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Community Member
    MeliCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4,199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NexEverto View Post
    I win! My Bard can hit 82 self buffed! 83 if I could ever find a damn +4 Charisma Tome...

    I'll admit though, mine started life as an Enchantment Focus CC Bard who got LRed in to a Haggle Machine with a whopping 300 HP and some pretty Bard twink gear...

    Maybe I don't win...

    But anyway, Haggle isn't like jump, there's no reasonable cap.
    you do!

    Mine is a no effort one - and no way would I waste a +3 on him let alone a +4!!!!

    +3 cha skills on his DT so I haven't even spent any larges on him!
    ~Thelanis ~ Khyber ~

  9. #9
    Community Member brunothetav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    23

    Talking

    If there isnt a cap, at some point the npc will just gonna ask you to leave his shop and never come back. =D

  10. #10
    Community Member Jaid314's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5,416

    Default

    not sure how worthwhile it is to keep going beyond a certain point. for example, somewhere around 65-70 is pretty easy to get on a non-haggle bard. getting from 65-75 is worth an extra 2.5% when selling (or spending 2.5% less when buying). as measured from the base price of the item; in terms of how much improvement, it's actually (100 + 18.75%)/(100 + 16.25%) or a ~2.2% improvement.

    the difference is that a 65 haggle bard likely didn't sacrifice very much (provided they're a spellsinger and make use of the high cha for spellcasting DC) while a 75 haggle bard likely had to sacrifice something like a feat, or several action points. (it's also very tempting to make a joke about being a virtuoso being a sacrifice due to how much less powerful they are for general use, actually).

    the *really* crazy 100+ haggle builds i suspect sacrifice an uncomfortably large amount.

  11. #11
    Community Member Perspicacity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Ketchikan, AK
    Posts
    729

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaid314 View Post
    not sure how worthwhile it is to keep going beyond a certain point. for example, somewhere around 65-70 is pretty easy to get on a non-haggle bard. getting from 65-75 is worth an extra 2.5% when selling (or spending 2.5% less when buying). as measured from the base price of the item; in terms of how much improvement, it's actually (100 + 18.75%)/(100 + 16.25%) or a ~2.2% improvement.

    the difference is that a 65 haggle bard likely didn't sacrifice very much (provided they're a spellsinger and make use of the high cha for spellcasting DC) while a 75 haggle bard likely had to sacrifice something like a feat, or several action points. (it's also very tempting to make a joke about being a virtuoso being a sacrifice due to how much less powerful they are for general use, actually).

    the *really* crazy 100+ haggle builds i suspect sacrifice an uncomfortably large amount.
    Your probably right but the 100+ haggle build by my estimation, while very myopic, is likely not very labor intensive unless you want to go for a tir 3 cha skill GS item but even then a guy like me has so much in the way of crafting mats that only the last tir is any kind of a sacrifice at all and one that can easily be recouped when I start raking in the gold and buying back all the mats I used up. I'd probably build a drow bard SS just for this and hit 70 with out trying; Whats more, getting a toon to lvl 20 in the current environment is a laughable effort especially on a first lifer, and a good bard (which I very much am) can do it blind folded.

    Eternium (Art 18), Tatooine (Bard 19), Technodrome (Wiz 18 / Rog 2), Thanigar (Brb 14)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload