Community Member

Default Quest/raid timers. Start them when the quest/raid is completed, please.

So it's happended again. Waited 45 minutes for an epic chronoscope to fill, only to realise I hadnt picked up the reward after the last run 4 days ago. Why does this still go on? Is my time of that little value to the Turbine corporation? Really? Let's get the quest timers started when the quest is completed, we've all had enough of this hazing.

P.S. I invite you anyone to mock me for not checking my quest log to see what stage of the raid I was on before I joined. But before you do so, consider if this is how you would design the system if it's purpose was to safeguard something important. Like a saftey function in a car, or a nuclear plant. Would you apply the same logic to them? If the system allows you to be an idiot, then the person who designed the system is an idiot. But he expects to get paid for it. (also I did check my "/quest" which appears to be empty until you've picked up your end-reward). D.S

Quote Originally Posted by EvilI View Post
    So it's happended again. Waited 45 minutes for an epic chronoscope to fill, only to realise I hadnt picked up the reward after the last run 4 days ago. Why does this still go on? Is my time of that little value to the Turbine corporation? Really? Let's get the quest timers started when the quest is completed, we've all had enough of this hazing.

P.S. I invite you anyone to mock me for not checking my quest log to see what stage of the raid I was on before I joined. But before you do so, consider if this is how you would design the system if it's purpose was to safeguard something important. Like a saftey function in a car, or a nuclear plant. Would you apply the same logic to them? If the system allows you to be an idiot, then the person who designed the system is an idiot. But he expects to get paid for it. (also I did check my "/quest" which appears to be empty until you've picked up your end-reward). D.S
    agree 100%...doesnt happen a lot to me..but its really annoying when you fill a raid and then have 2 people drop becaue of a stupid mechanic like this. It works for regular epic quests...apply the same to raids.

Wow!

Deja-Vu anyone?

/Signed

(Really, it's not that hard to just turn it in when you finish. Then you don't have to worry about these sorts of things. HOWEVER, setting the timer on finish doesn't seem to be gamebreaking in any way. I can't honestly think of a single thing that could be negative about it, other than the standard "It makes things too easy" forum argument and perhaps the old favorite "There are more important issues for the Dev's to be spending time on.)
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

2015 DDO Players Council InsanityIsYourFriend's Avatar

the important thing about any game is to have fun, and if i am losing my potential enjoyment of the game due to the fact i forgot to turn in a raid when i walked out then bah fix it nao please? ill give u cookies!
    I am Falontani, Zeblazing, Zeholysoul, Zeshadowfist, Zesoulhuntah, Zedrunk, Singingblade, and many alts
    Quote Originally Posted by 404error View Post
    Thanks for the report and Whoa.
    Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    This is talked about a ton, and nothing is concrete at this point. Enter bugs with examples. Tons and tons of bugs. Make Gazebo cry.

P.S. I invite you anyone to mock me for not checking my quest log to see what stage of the raid I was on before I joined. But before you do so, consider if this is how you would design the system if it's purpose was to safeguard something important. Like a saftey function in a car, or a nuclear plant. Would you apply the same logic to them?
    I am going to mock you, but not for the reasons you might think.

Your analogy doesn't make sense.

If I forget to wear my seatbelt I run the risk of dying in a crash. If the safety switches are all turned off at a nuclear plant there's a risk of a meltdown. These are pretty serious consequences for being forgetful.

If I forget to grab my reward after a raid the worst that can (and will) happen is that I have to wait a day or two longer to participate. Hardly earth-shattering. So consider yourself "mocked".

You're suggestion is a sound one though, since it appears as though this already occurs in epic quests. No reason it can't occur elsewhere.
    I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just gonna ask 'em where they're going and hook up with 'em later on - Mitch Hedberg
    Silverweb - Silverwren - Silverware - Daydream - Dubbelklik

I made a very similar thread not that long ago-

/signed.

It doesnt even have to be those that "simply" forgot to collect the reward. Ive had a couple of times where I had to leave the computer (Ok truth be told, often long before the raid was actually finished- Much to the annoyance of whoever was unfortunate enough to be waiting on me) immediately after finishing out of the raid- without enough time to grab the reward (Sure it only takes a couple of minutes, but when youve a bus/plane/work to get to, thats all the difference)- And wasnt able to get on for a few days.

Normally this time-frame would let me do the quest again, but for whatever reason that may have lead to me being unable to pick up the reward, I was unable to because id only just then "reset" the timer, even though id "Actually finished" the quest days before.

Sure its easy to say "Well durr, just dont forget the reward!" But serious- This isnt some game altering/breaking change, this isnt an "Easy" button in any sense of the word unless you really squint your eyes while drunk as you looked through some mud-covered coke bottles- Its just stream-lines the process.

Community Member

Seconded. It's annoying to get the raid formed up and have someone bow out because they forgot to turn it in.

Community Member

I am bumping this thread because it keeps happening. And not just to me, so if I'm an idiot I'm not the only one. Please care for your idiots, Turbine. They are your customers.

Final boss fight was taking longer than expected. Had to be doing something else five minutes before we actually completed. No time to even finish out of the quest, just CTRL+ALT+DEL to shut down the computer.

Oh, really? I *completed* the quest three days ago but I still have to wait for some arbitrary and inane reason that I just just didn't happen to pick up a prize three days ago when I completed the quest?

Just another bug to iron out of DDO beta before it goes live six years ago.
    I wonder what he meant by "Oh no, not again"? Ah well, it's probably nothing!

Initially this was a technical issue but with the introduction of Epic timers, this clearly is possible with little effort

/signed

Yea I'll mock you a little bit.

HAha, noob forgot to hand in!

I do it fairly often myself

So yea, Ill mock and /sign.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanvar View Post
    I believe my left thumb is Gimp. I think I need to reroll.
    DDO Acronyms: http://ddowiki.com/page/Glossary
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...78#post2326178

Community Member krackythehoodedone's Avatar

Consider yourself mocked and the Thread Signed.

It actually affects everyone. We had nearly a 30 min delay recently in E Chrono as a whole truckload of players joined only to tell us they hadnt picked up the end reward. It got beyond a joke.

Ofc the classic is EDQ . The problem their as well as not picking up the end reward is people not picking up the quest (you gotta talk to Mr D twice folks) and finding out they cant get into the raid. So a solution that would fix that as well would be handy

Comes up too darn often.

/Signed, each and every time........
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLegendOfAra View Post
    Welcome to Argo, where our end game players are constantly striving for new and exciting ways to make themselves more gimp, and continually working towards progressively more pointless goals.
    BYOH. Know it, abide by it, or don't mess with those who do.