Thread: Web & FW

Community Member balancetraveller's Avatar

Default Web & FW

So, FW doesn't burn through (friendly) Webs?

Are webs immune from all friendly fires? Or just selected few fire spells?

Firewall is an exception... spells like fireball do destroy webs.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeafeningWhisper View Post
    I agree with the feathered marsupial.

Quote Originally Posted by balancetraveller View Post
    So, FW doesn't burn through (friendly) Webs?

Are webs immune from all friendly fires? Or just selected few fire spells?
    Some spells.
    Fireball and flaming hands burn webs.
    WoF not. Also it seems that scorch dont burns it.
    Not sure about flaming turret.

Community Member Simplesimon1979's Avatar

Currenly even burning hands doesn't burn way friendly webs, but it used to and should. Not sure about scorch and metor swarm.

Yes, burning hands, scorch, and fireball *DO* burn webs. As do meteor swarms and all of the flame spells in the divine arsenal (flamestrike, cometfall, firestorm). I use webs for CC and it annoys the **** out of me when someone immediately follows with one of these spells, setting all the mobs free.

As does the monk burning-hands-like ability.

Firewall does not, and IIRC any ray-spell fire spells do not.

Essentially, if it is an AOE fire-based spell OTHER THAN firewall, it melts web -- though you will see the melted strands and it may LOOK like the web is still there, it is in fact not.

Also FYI: fireshield and most fire-aligend mobs will auto-break a web -- though the web itself will persist as long as they dont have a fiery aura effect (fire elemtnals and i THINK fire-based reavers may have this) or an AOE fire-attack (like mephit fire breath).

Actually, wall of fire WILL burn webs. But only if the wall hit the center of the web. You can easily test this putting on mouselook, and casting both at the same place. AoE damage is easier to hit the web center, so it is more noticeable. Is very easy to cast web, walk one feet, and cast wof. They get webbed and burn.
    Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist (12/14) [<o>]
    Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Kensai, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

Quote Originally Posted by nibel View Post
    Actually, wall of fire WILL burn webs. But only if the wall hit the center of the web. You can easily test this putting on mouselook, and casting both at the same place. AoE damage is easier to hit the web center, so it is more noticeable. Is very easy to cast web, walk one feet, and cast wof. They get webbed and burn.
    I routinely web mobs before they spot me and have a chance to move, then follow with a firewall, using the same mob (which did not move) as the target. It does not burn away webs.

I have also held mobs (before they initiate a move action), webbed, then firewalled (or firewalled them webbed), just to test this by ensuring the mob could not have moved a fraction away form center.. Firewall does not burn away the web.

BTW, Firewall is also an AOE.

Non-persistent AOE effects are the only things that have ever burned away one of my webs (other than mob aura effects, fireshield, etc).

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by varusso View Post
    Yes, burning hands, scorch, and fireball *DO* burn webs.
    I'm currently leveling my TR as a Fire Savant. When discussing fire spells and Web, you also have to differentiate between regular spells and SLA's.

Burning Hands (spell) and Fireball (spell) DO burn Webs.

Burning Hands (SLA) and Scorch (SLA and spell) DO NOT burn Webs.

I've not leveled up to Fire Savant 3, so I cannot test Fireball (SLA) yet.

Quote Originally Posted by mojobie View Post
    I'm currently leveling my TR as a Fire Savant. When discussing fire spells and Web, you also have to differentiate between regular spells and SLA's.

When i use my savant SLAs, they still burn the webs.

Community Member balancetraveller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mojobie View Post

Well, there seems to be a lot of inconsistencies here about how webs and fire spells/SLAs should interact really.

Community Member

When i use my savant SLAs, they still burn the webs.
    Hmmm, then your experience is different than mine, and I can't think of any reason why.

Quote Originally Posted by balancetraveller View Post
    Well, there seems to be a lot of inconsistencies here about how webs and fire spells/SLAs should interact really.
    Indeed. Perhaps I'll do some community service tonight.

Community Member

Well, sorry for the double post, but this is the results of my research:

Fireball (spell and wands) DO burn Webs.

Burning Hands (spell, SLA, wands), Scorch (spell and SLA), Flaming Sphere (spell), and Wall of Fire (spell - either centered on the Web or not) DO NOT burn Webs.

I was unable to test Fireball (SLA), Delayed Blast Fireball, and Meteor Swarm as I was only level 13 at the time. As much as I dislike assuming, I would assume that all three will burn Webs.

It is likely that Burning Hands not burning Web is unintended and may be fixed at some point. I have submitted a bug report.

Video can be found here.

Quote Originally Posted by nibel View Post
    Got the same results you did.

Other arcane's webs do not get burned by my firespells that I can tell visually.
    As of late, I haven't used a firespell on my own webs (I haven't used web at all, lol)

Might be a theirs/mine problem or just a visual?

I can confirm that Fire Turrent is not taking down friendly webs.
    I was quite surprised when I noticed when questing this past weekend.
    After a little Tolkien I am usually up for anything.

Best not to discuss the interrelationship between Web and Wall of Fire. I have a lot of Wiz and Sorc TR lives to go through in the next couple of months, and the less the devs are prompted to ponder the logic of this relationship the better.

Well, it isn't just web. At some places (like within "The Dragontail Saloon") you could set the whole place on fire, somehow things just don't ignite as well as they used to.

Community Member

Yes, burning hands, scorch, and fireball *DO* burn webs. As do meteor swarms and all of the flame spells in the divine arsenal (flamestrike, cometfall, firestorm). I use webs for CC and it annoys the **** out of me when someone immediately follows with one of these spells, setting all the mobs free.
    For the record cometfall actually isn't a fire spell. It's actually a bludgeoning spell and I don't recall it taking out webs. I'm pretty sure I've seen flamestrike/firestorm take out a web though.

And I know for a fact my buddies DBFs would wipe out all my webs (at least they did during our last TR run)