Wink Turbine, wanna make us level up faster?

Few ideas for turbine's developers to allow a faster level up.

Bravery streak:

Do not give and do not disrupt bravery streak on raids. Just like solo quests and Devil Assault these kind of quests are so much harder than all other that most players will lose their streak to complete one.

Wilderness areas:

When deciding max level to get xp from a wilderness, check relative quests level.

Cerullean Hills wilderness is 1-4 but the quests Where there's smoke and Captives are 3. Since bravery streak came in most players quest only on elite and the way they are giving xp at the moment seems wrong to me.

Same for Sorrowdusk wilderness; level range 4-11 but highest quests are level 10 (12 on elite). Just cap it one level higher and it will be much better.

Also, wilderness again, give a shorter penalty when someone is above the level range. Something like regular quests will be fine, like -10% if one level higher, -25% if two and so on. Will be much better than the -50% only. Also, make the penalties personal so that they are not applied to party too.

Thanks for reading.
    How to revamp past life reward system <--- working again
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We absolutely planned for Fighter to still have Haste Boost. It's absolutely a bug. Any similar issues that look "wrong" to any player should be bugged.
    Developers should fix this

Not trying to troll here, but rather a serious question. Why does more need to be added to level faster? I can understand adjusting XP of some quests to make them more in line with similar ones at the same levels but with the bravery bonus, xp pots, voice/mantle, etc. what reasons do you have for it needing to be faster?

Quote Originally Posted by Phemt81 View Post

Also, wilderness again, give a shorter penalty when someone is above the level range. Something like regular quests will be fine, like -10% if one level higher, -25% if two and so on. Will be much better than the -50% only. Also, make the penalties personal so that they are not applied to party too.

Thanks for reading.
    This will just lead to power leveling. A lv 20 can have a lower level wait at a wilderness entry while the 20 goes off and kills. The 20 doesn't care about xp at that point, but the lower level has no penalty to slayer xp?
    Last edited by Paryan; 03-23-2012 at 09:31 AM.
    Agro - Paryan, Pary, Parrii, Parriahh
    Bringers of Darkness

Quote Originally Posted by Paryan View Post
    Not trying to troll here, but rather a serious question. Why does more need to be added to level faster?
    Good question!

Turbine stated they were looking for more ways to let us level up faster in order to get ready to join epic levels this summer.

I thought it would have been a good moment to adjust those inconsistent wilderness area level range and some other minor things that would allow some better xp performances for us all.

Thank you for posting.
    We absolutely planned for Fighter to still have Haste Boost. It's absolutely a bug. Any similar issues that look "wrong" to any player should be bugged.

Bravery streak:

Do not give and do not disrupt bravery streak on raids. Just like solo quests and Devil Assault these kind of quests are so much harder than all other that most players will lose their streak to complete one.
    [B]
    /not signed

If you don't want to disrupt your streak, then play in one where there is someone 3 levels higher than the quest.

Don't ask for the bonus to be eliminated because you can't find a group to complete at level. The streak is intended to let players who are more capable level up faster. It is not a bonus that all are entitled to.

I do agree with part of the wilderness suggestion, it should be made to fit the level ranges of the quests contained therein.

I disagree with the raid idea too. It is simply a choice: If you decide that doing Raid X right NOW and breaking BB instead of waiting till cap is what's most important to you, then you make that choice and live with it.

Otherwise, if there is raid loot that you need on subsequent lives, get it on first life when the BB matters less, and when it is very quick to get to cap and raid all you want before TRing.

Then on subsequent lives you have the loot at low level and off you go, and don't worry about raids.

Raids aren't just for raid loot, of course, they're also for XP. But if you are so jonesing for raid xp that you are ok with breaking your BB streak xp, then again that's just another choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Crann View Post
    /not signed

If you don't want to disrupt your streak, then play in one where there is someone 3 levels higher than the quest.

Don't ask for the bonus to be eliminated because you can't find a group to complete at level. The streak is intended to let players who are more capable level up faster. It is not a bonus that all are entitled to.

I do agree with part of the wilderness suggestion, it should be made to fit the level ranges of the quests contained therein.
    Should we wait epic levels to come so we can have a level 21 join the shroud on hard?

If you are you assuming i am not capable/skilled, i gotta inform you that i completed chronoscope at proper level range

Yes, the wilderness suggestion was pure logic... happy you can agree with that.

Default Less eyerolls, more Logic :)

Should we wait epic levels to come so we can have a level 21 join the shroud on hard?
    Nope, just get your quests all done on Elite, then run your Hard Shroud, VOD, Hound, MA, LOB or whatever other raid you want to run. It isn't like you have that many upper level quests to get through before the Bravery bonus is no longer relevant.

I'm sure a player of your caliber will have no problem with this.

Good question!

Turbine stated they were looking for more ways to let us level up faster in order to get ready to join epic levels this summer.

I thought it would have been a good moment to adjust those inconsistent wilderness area level range and some other minor things that would allow some better xp performances for us all.

Thank you for posting.
    Thanks for a serious response to my question and explaining your reasoning in a positive manner.
    Agro - Paryan, Pary, Parrii, Parriahh
    Bringers of Darkness

I don't think people need to level up faster than they currently do. I'm not P2P and I have a hard work leveling up from 15 and up, but I know it is possible if you do and re-do quests, specially the higher lvl ones. It also helps if you do every quest in every possible difficulty setting, even on casual. There's a xp bonus for the 1st run on every quest. That can help a lot with that bit you need to rank up / level up.

But I do feel you are right on the wilderness area xp penalty. Its frustrating when I have no time to do some slaying some day, then I level up because I wanted a feat/enhancement or a lvl restricted item, and when I go back to the same area do complete my explorer, slayer and rare colection, I found "oh I'm 1 level up so I get half the xp".

They could use an incremental penalty instead (and keep the non-award if a higher lvl player is on the party, I agree with that).

Bravery streak:

I can say personally waiting to till 20th to run a HoX, VoD, on hard is a real drag if you are trying to keep an elite streak going, messed up my streak doing just that, thought it was a level 17 raid had some 20's so I thought it was safe, and after it was done, I saw my streak was gone, very depressing.

But I have to admit, I like the EXP from at level elite raids, VoN is SWEEET exp, Chrono was amazing, a total pain but worth it, the Tempest Spine Elite at level run was just pure fun! I admit that I like Bravery In Raids, so I don't want that to go away.

Kinda like a no win really because I want them both
    Last edited by Ungood; 03-23-2012 at 03:32 PM.