Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: March Menace!

Quote Originally Posted by Matuse View Post
    You mean the part about how they won't let members of the press, other game companies, and minors?

Ohnoz, it's a conspiracy. Next thing, they'll be wanting your firstborn...
    As the proud father of a 17 year old first born son all I can say is, TAKE HIM and give me my DDO. There are less bugs in this game than there is in his room.

Any theories as to why they said this "If you do not meet these requirements, you must refrain from using the Game."

To me refrain from using game means they do not want anyone who is not interested in beta even logging in during the beta test time.

I may be wrong but i did not see in the fine print where they mentioned a special server or even a special "lammania type" client.

I hope I am wrong but that is as it appears to me
    Always haggle venders - Anicheap Copperpincher
    Anigiant the Halfling
    Most dangerous enemy tactic ... Lag Death
    Beyond Good and Evil - Sarlona

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Death_Mystic View Post
    Any theories as to why they said this "If you do not meet these requirements, you must refrain from using the Game."

To me refrain from using game means they do not want anyone who is not interested in beta even logging in during the beta test time.

I may be wrong but i did not see in the fine print where they mentioned a special server or even a special "lammania type" client.

I hope I am wrong but that is as it appears to me
    I am fairly sure 'the game' means the beta client.

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    *Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

Community Member DeafeningWhisper's Avatar

LOL, I hope they remember to include a WORKING character copy system, because all quests are supposed to be epic, which sorta makes the "do we get to play Druid?" unlikely I think.
    "Pike or do not. There is no lag."

Wonder why you have to be over 18 to participate?
    Minors cannot sign legal agreements, and there will be a non-disclosure agreement to participate.
    I am the 'Who' In the call "Who's there!?"
    I am the wind blowing through your hair.
    I am the shadow on the moon at night, filling your dreams to the brim with fright.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    Pre-Purchase Menace of the Underdark™ before March 31st and receive guaranteed Beta access! Click Here to learn more.

If you've already purchased Menace of the Underdark, you're all set and we'll see you in the beta!
    I "clicked here" but didn't learn anything more...

- Are you basically saying Lamannia U14 will be accessible only to those who preordered in March?
    - Does "guaranteed" also imply other means of entering the "beta" afterwards?
    - Has Turbine poor marketing tactics when attempting to try convincing players with some drow cleavage?

Community Member
    3rd star from the left, and on til morning...

tl;dr

Geez, starting to read this thread you would think the World As We Know It is coming to an end.

I, for one, look forward to at least some level of testing, as a self-appointed representative of the "legacy PC" gamers group, and with some personal limitation interests, I look forward to it.

Except I don't want to spend TOO much time there since I need to get another toon to 20, as a self-appointed representative of the "Some of us take a very long time to level to cap" crowd, too.

I know I'm in the minority, I'm used to it.

As for what form it will take and what it will include, to quote Mel Brooks in Spaceballs,
    "All will be revealed at da proper time".

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ravoc-DDO View Post
    - Are you basically saying Lamannia U14 will be accessible only to those who preordered in March?
    The Menace of the Underdark Expansion and Update 14 are two different updates.

The Expansion's official release date is on June 25th, the beta access will be before then.

Update 14 is set for August.
    Visit the DDO Wiki! Unique items: Quest Rewards - Raid Loot - Chest Loot - Item Sets
    DDO Store List, with references on how you can gain items ingame for free!

Maybe beta isn't on a Lama or Mournlands test server, perhaps beta just means earlier access to the expansion than the official release date? A little clarification would be awesome.
    On Khyber: Tchopstick, Tablespoon, Pspoon, Tsirio, Silvr, Ladle, Forq, Sporkk, Tspatula

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by NXPlasmid View Post
    Maybe beta isn't on a Lama or Mournlands test server, perhaps beta just means earlier access to the expansion than the official release date? A little clarification would be awesome.
    That would be great but I don't see that happening, not unless they made it so we couldn't get back from the forgotten realms until the expansion went live. They wouldn't want all our level 25 phat lewt showing up on the auction house.

*Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMonk2 View Post

The Expansion's official release date is on June 25th, the beta access will be before then.

source please

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ravoc-DDO View Post
    source please
    How about:

Quote Originally Posted by Fernando View Post
    Another important thing we are announcing today is that Update 14 will be coming this August! Just two months after Menace of the Underdark goes live, we are planning to release our first premium Forgotten Realms adventure pack. It introduces an all new story line and our second Epic level raid in the game. It’s a bit early to go into details on what will be in Update 14 and beyond, but I will plan another letter for the second half of the year to highlight more about what’s coming for your favorite MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMonk2 View Post

Wherein lies the Enhancement pass?

I would like to think that would be part of the Beta, thats where I see the most bugs to be worked out.

I also understand that it can't be part of the Expansion, because it would have to be applied to all characters, not just the ones belonging to players who buy the expansion.

Will it be implemented when the Expansion goes live, or will it come with Update 14?

For that matter, will Update 14 content also be part of the beta? Prolly not.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crann View Post
    I also understand that it can't be part of the Expansion, because it would have to be applied to all characters, not just the ones belonging to players who buy the expansion.
    The expansion itself is an update to the game, so every part of it is applied to every single character. The difference is if they have access to it or not, eg the same as Adventure Packs, or getting to 400 Favor so you can play a Drow.

So if the new enhancement system is part of the expansion update then it will apply to all characters in the game whether or not they have purchased the expansion.
    Visit the DDO Wiki! Unique items: Quest Rewards - Raid Loot - Chest Loot - Item Sets
    DDO Store List, with references on how you can gain items ingame for free!

2016, 2018 Player Council Member Ziindarax's Avatar

I, too, would like to know whether or not the beta will require downloading another client (considering it took me about a day or two to re-download the lama client... even more now with the expansion that is certain to be large). It would also be nice if we could know when beta is beginning, and for how long it will last.
    Ziind Stargazer - Level 12 fighter/6 Barbarian/2 rogue Half-Orc (Neutral Good) - Formerly a level 20 Paladin Human - Orien

Fernian Summer Carnival

Community Member

so, you must pay to be able to preview it and make an assesment of what you will be paying for and if it's worth your money, I've always found stupid this "preorder if you want beta"

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by garlor View Post
    so, you must pay to be able to preview it and make an assesment of what you will be paying for and if it's worth your money, I've always found stupid this "preorder if you want beta"
    Read it again, it's not "pre-order if you want beta" it's "pre-order if you want guaranteed access to the beta" that seems to suggest that there will be other ways to get in. It makes perfect sense to allow people who have already paid for it a chance to improve what they paid for.

Quote Originally Posted by garlor View Post
    Sorry, you must have misunderstood.
    Beta testing has nothing to do with giving customers a chance to assess whether the content is worth their money. Beta testing is there in order to test (find bugs/problems) the content so that hopefully stuff can be fixed before release.
    Server: Ghallanda
    Characters: Lewing 20 Fighter, Lewinn 18 Bard/2 Fighter, Lewktgul 12 Barbarian, Lewiv 20 Wizard, Lewrak 12 Cleric, Lewyin 20 Monk

Community Member

Default If somebody with something other than speculation could answer...

Quote Originally Posted by nxplasmid View Post
    maybe beta isn't on a lama or mournlands test server, perhaps beta just means earlier access to the expansion than the official release date? A little clarification would be awesome.
    +1

Default 1 good question for a DEV

An announcement like this should have some measure of follow up by a dev.

1 good question.

When will beta begin? The typical "Soon" will not suffice here. We are shelling out money to participate in a beta without reward. The least we can have is even an approximate start date to coordinate with. We are gamers, but most of us are not yet undead and live a RL.

Zoid will be there regardless of a response,...so...maybe my question is moot.

Bloody fleshlings!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast