Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: March Menace!

Quote Originally Posted by Matuse View Post
    You mean the part about how they won't let members of the press, other game companies, and minors?

Ohnoz, it's a conspiracy. Next thing, they'll be wanting your firstborn...
    Yeah....I went and read it and thought exactly the same thing. Nothing to see with the fine print..move along.
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Um, I'm almost afraid to ask, but exactly just what is 'sneak humping'?
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    That tears it. I need to get a donkey.

Man, it'd ruin the experience for me if I participated in the Beta. Still it's nice to have. At least the DDOWiki people can get some facts in ahead of time.

Community Member

Assuming that druid class can be built for beta, will be more then happy to test it out and see how it goes before reincing my main into it.

If druid isn't available to test out, i probably will just not bother.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rumbaar View Post
    Nothing in BETA = live. They can't even get a preview server to equal live, how are they going to have a BETA server to be any real reflection of live.
    That's irrelevant.

You asked who would want to. I gave one answer.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    Pre-Purchase Menace of the Underdark™ before March 31st and receive guaranteed Beta access! Click Here to learn more.

If you've already purchased Menace of the Underdark, you're all set and we'll see you in the beta!
    well, not seeing that anyone has asked this question yet, when does beta start?
    Server: Sarlona. Characters: Rackoribs Barbequed, Brautwurst Flamegrilled, Porkloin Flameseared

Quote Originally Posted by Don1966 View Post
    well, not seeing that anyone has asked this question yet, when does beta start?
    My guess: april first hehehe!
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

Quote Originally Posted by exactor_mortis View Post
    That's irrelevant.

You asked who would want to. I gave one answer.
    Power-gamers and TR focused players will be playing live, not wasting their time on a BETA build of a possible version of the game.
    Leader - Ωmega Syndicate [L41] guild of Khyber|Orien - www.os.rumbaar.net
    Khyber - Eldraine - Monk | Eldaline - Favored Soul | Eldnuker - Sorcerer
    █████ - Eldalorne - Wizard | Elarawr - Fighter | Eldrainge - Ranger/Rogue

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rumbaar View Post
    Nothing in BETA = live. They can't even get a preview server to equal live, how are they going to have a BETA server to be any real reflection of live.
    Anyone can access Lamannia. They don't need to have any kind of "beta" in order to put things on Llamaland.

Since the Forgotten Realms adventures are supposedly going to take place on their own servers and since there are lots of features that can be activated on an account by account basis, I'd be very surprised if the "beta" were anything other than access to some of the new features on the live servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepsalot View Post
    Just make sure that you read all the Really Tiny print at the bottom here...
    http://underdark.ddo.com/beta Love how companies make it so small...Have to wonder just a bit Why????
    Sleeps

HE means this:

Eligibility. You must meet certain eligibility requirements to participate in the Preview Program. If you do not meet these requirements, you must refrain from using the Game. To be eligible to participate in the Preview Program, you must (i) not be a principal, agent or an employee of a company that is a publisher, distributor, manufacturer, or a developer of video games (other than Turbine, its parent, affiliates, publishing partners, licensors and licensees); (ii) not be a member of the press; and (iii) be at least 18 years of age. Your participation in the Preview Program is purely voluntary, and you understand and agree that you will receive no compensation for your participation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    Insulting the development team is not allowed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jendrak
    Somebody should definitely explain to Turbine that when they roll up a new GM that INT is not dump stat.

I am still interested in one of the original questions. Will this be a client like lam we have to load or what. My machine is 2007..upgraded with ram/graphics card.. but very limited in gig ...the reason I cannot do lam. Loading 2 clients is a no...3 is my computer packing its bags saying it feels like it's just not attractive to me anymore :P But serious can you let us know how beta is going to operate ?
    Last edited by silence383; 03-25-2012 at 12:48 AM.

Yes I can read. I just find it funny how companies always make it so small.. I say make it bigger so people can see it that have eye sight issues don't have to struggle to read it..

Sleeps

Quote Originally Posted by SilkofDrasnia View Post
    HE means this:

Eligibility. You must meet certain eligibility requirements to participate in the Preview Program. If you do not meet these requirements, you must refrain from using the Game. To be eligible to participate in the Preview Program, you must (i) not be a principal, agent or an employee of a company that is a publisher, distributor, manufacturer, or a developer of video games (other than Turbine, its parent, affiliates, publishing partners, licensors and licensees); (ii) not be a member of the press; and (iii) be at least 18 years of age. Your participation in the Preview Program is purely voluntary, and you understand and agree that you will receive no compensation for your participation.

Will this Beta involve new Enhancement System ?

I'm interested in knowing how this will work as well.
    Will it be separate from live servers ? If so, will we earn anything for our live characters from participating ? The biggest issue with Lamannia, in my opinion is that nothing you do there benefits your live chars : people go there once, maybe twice; then go back farming "for real" on live servers.

Will it be on live servers themselves ? If so, is there any security for our testing screw-ups ? I don't know, it could go from stupid leveling choices to bugs breaking our chars/deleting our items (Reincarnation bug found on Lamannia 3 days before U13 launch anyone ?)
    Owy Evoker FvS / Praledric Completionist Qstaff Rogue/Monk/Druid / Laraeph DC Wizard / Laraelph AA Monk/Ranger/Pally / Gaenry Shiradi Sorc/FvS/Wiz / Reasis SWF Pally & numerous others
    The Leveller for DDO!

Damn, as much as i love my job, i hate it in moments like this. Yep, im artist in game dev company:/

Looking forward to it. If I can help squash a couple of early bugs I would be glad to lend a hand. Plus get a early look at content and get an idea of new functionality; great.

Wonder why you have to be over 18 to participate? You do not have to be over 18 to buy the pre-order. kinda strange. I am over 18 but this makes me wonder . Will the current beta participants have to sign a gag order type contract? Will they have their own forums like mournlands testers? Is all feedback gonna be hush hush?

kinda interesting. Can't really see why these would be put in place unless Turbine did not want to keep all info under strict lock and key. If any joe has access to it who bought the pre-order before march 31 ,then you can bet your butt info will be leaked. So why the strict secretive fine print?
    Born to play, Forced to work !

Quote Originally Posted by badbob117 View Post
    Wonder why you have to be over 18 to participate? You do not have to be over 18 to buy the pre-order. kinda strange. I am over 18 but this makes me wonder . Will the current beta participants have to sign a gag order type contract? Will they have their own forums like mournlands testers? Is all feedback gonna be hush hush?

kinda interesting. Can't really see why these would be put in place unless Turbine did not want to keep all info under strict lock and key. If any joe has access to it who bought the pre-order before march 31 ,then you can bet your butt info will be leaked. So why the strict secretive fine print?
    More than likely an NDA will be involved.

If you are under 18, your status as a minor complicates you entering into a legal contract.

Any word if the Enhancement pass is connected to the Expansion, and included in the Beta?

Or, is it tied to Update 14, and coming in August?

While I did pre-order the expansion I think it would be much better to have an open beta. I think this would not only increase revenue for Turbine (people try then buy) but would also help test many of the bugs I'm sure won't be noticed before live in a limited trial. This just feels like a tactic to push people in to buying the expansion instead of letting the expansion sell itself.
    At the very least, my hope is for open beta week/s or weekend/s.

/bleh

Got to say I am very annoyed that you guys are taking the NDA beta approach for this considering that just means less feedback on a product with a set ship date not to far off.
    Proud Recipient of At least 8 Negative Rep From NA Threads.
    Main: Sharess
    Alts: Avaril/Cyr/Cyrillia/Garagos/Inim/Lamasa/Ravella

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast