Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1
    Community Member Schnellcast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Wayfinder/Minnesota
    Posts
    120

    Angry Fix your lag Turbine!

    /RANT ON!

    If Turbine fixes the server to have it less lagy that means...

    1) More enjoyable
    2) Less Nerd Rages
    3) Less Soturi Awards
    3.5) ^Probably Less Deaths (Unless you are Soturi)
    4) More people playing it
    5) More time spent playing it
    6) ^Probably means more money spent
    7) ^Turbine makes more money


    In Conclusion that'll make us all much happier!
    (*WARNING* If you do not fix your servers at all then all I can say is... I can't wait for Diablo III)

    /RANT STILL ON!
    Wayfinder
    Ghallanda

    --------------------------
    Coldest and Gunga
    Scrollfarmer
    --------------------------
    Level 25/Female/Warforged/Wizard
    Level 22/Male/Dwarf/Favored Soul
    Level 10/8/Male/Warforged/Sorcerer + Barbarian/6th past life

  2. #2
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    56

    Angry My thoughts on creture companions

    Isn't that why they gave us creature compainions? The AI would have more to control and do, thus make more lag?
    It's not like they're hireling and contribute anything but lag!

  3. #3
    Community Member ainmosni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,825

    Default

    edited cos wrong thread
    Last edited by ainmosni; 03-21-2012 at 02:20 AM.
    CRIT EVERY HIT

  4. #4
    Community Member Coffee_Lover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3

    Question Hey guys

    How'd you explain that there's also quite a bunch of people out there (like me...) who don't really experience any lag at all?

    Using creature companion and artificer dog all the time.

    Just wondering...

  5. #5
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    51

    Thumbs down

    As more content is released, the lags also increase in tandem....

    Turbine pls upgrade your servers.................. Tq...............

  6. #6
    Community Member Teharahma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the1bigun View Post
    Isn't that why they gave us creature compainions? The AI would have more to control and do, thus make more lag?
    It's not like they're hireling and contribute anything but lag!
    Client-sided, nothing to do with connection.
    Location of the pets is random, different persons may see it at different locations. Once again, client-sided.

    On-topic though;
    Yesterdays lag was excruciating, stuttering all the time, no loss, connection etc, all good. but dat lag! Guildies had it aswell.
    Sweep Pick or Die!
    Quote Originally Posted by JollySwagMan View Post
    But in terms of actual quest ideas, perhaps something where Halflings ride around on Warforged in battle-backpacks with shoulder-mounted repeating crossbows.

  7. #7
    Community Member Schnellcast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Wayfinder/Minnesota
    Posts
    120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coffee_Lover View Post
    How'd you explain that there's also quite a bunch of people out there (like me...) who don't really experience any lag at all?

    Using creature companion and artificer dog all the time.

    Just wondering...
    Edit: TONIGHT night my entire ToD group wiped in part one, and we ALL were lagging. I usually never get that yellow or red symbol, which means the lag is on turbine's end.
    Last edited by Schnellcast; 03-21-2012 at 03:50 PM.
    Wayfinder
    Ghallanda

    --------------------------
    Coldest and Gunga
    Scrollfarmer
    --------------------------
    Level 25/Female/Warforged/Wizard
    Level 22/Male/Dwarf/Favored Soul
    Level 10/8/Male/Warforged/Sorcerer + Barbarian/6th past life

  8. #8
    Community Member varusso's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Schnellcast View Post
    tomorrow night my entire ToD group wiped...
    That really IS some weird lag you are experiencing there O.o

  9. #9
    Community Member Monkey-Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by varusso View Post
    That really IS some weird lag you are experiencing there O.o
    Turbine's lag is strong enough to ignore the laws of physics.

  10. #10
    Community Member sheepface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Cambs, England
    Posts
    412

    Default

    Yesterday was horrible, seemed to be affecting most people.
    Omnipresence, Ghallanda
    Trellon // Trelala

  11. #11
    Community Member giggiddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    637

    Default

    Yesterday was disgusting. Part 3 of TOD we were fine then just as the devils disappeared and we didn't get haste we realized we were lagging. None of us could put on our boots. Ruh roh! Horoth drops and start swinging at all of us... wow we aren't taking any damage!! AC builds ftw.... oh wait all of a sudden those who aren't banished are dead. Same time.

    Reform. Part 1 we couldn't even hit a thing. I'm on the platform... no wait I'm in the lava. No wait I'm on the flatform. No wait I'm back in the lava. Ugh.
    Characters: Groundnpound - Whatmanabar - Paleforce - ChonknorrisCaelasreth - Giggidy - DrGinger - Brassmonkey

    Member of Captains Crew Ghallanda

  12. #12
    Community Member ainmosni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,825

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Schnellcast View Post
    3) Less Soturi Awards
    3.5) ^Probably Less Deaths (Unless you are Soturi)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3abMUH_P1E
    CRIT EVERY HIT

  13. #13
    Community Member kingfisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    your mom's house
    Posts
    2,887

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by giggiddy View Post
    Yesterday was disgusting. Part 3 of TOD we were fine then just as the devils disappeared and we didn't get haste we realized we were lagging. None of us could put on our boots. Ruh roh! Horoth drops and start swinging at all of us... wow we aren't taking any damage!! AC builds ftw.... oh wait all of a sudden those who aren't banished are dead. Same time.

    Reform. Part 1 we couldn't even hit a thing. I'm on the platform... no wait I'm in the lava. No wait I'm on the flatform. No wait I'm back in the lava. Ugh.
    went into tod just after ya'll and we had horrible rubberbanding lag in part one at the jailor and 3/4 of the party died, but parts 2 and 3 were mostly ok, a little bit of lag on sully but not as bad as part 1.

  14. #14
    Community Member giggiddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    637

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ainmosni View Post
    Can't... look.... away...
    Characters: Groundnpound - Whatmanabar - Paleforce - ChonknorrisCaelasreth - Giggidy - DrGinger - Brassmonkey

    Member of Captains Crew Ghallanda

  15. #15
    Community Member Vengeance777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,230

    Default

    Until they fix it try the lag workaround. Its helped Orien raiding for a month now. http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=363933
    Server: Orien
    Guild: Over Raided
    Toons: Phasma - Swashbuckler ; Ceroni - Acrobat ; Selina Air Savant ; Cachin - Artificer

  16. #16
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,297

    Default

    We had some fun in The Pit last night. First run 2 deaths at the acid jets when we thought we had run to the middle of the jets by the wheel when the acid wasnt spraying, only to have the server decide we were in the middle of the jet when it triggered. We left and reformed.

    Second time same thing but the soulstone ended up well out of range of the jet and behind a pillar. We decided just to press on.

  17. #17
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    6,451

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coffee_Lover View Post
    How'd you explain that there's also quite a bunch of people out there (like me...) who don't really experience any lag at all?

    Using creature companion and artificer dog all the time.

    Just wondering...

    It depends on when you play (what times of the day and what days) I notice you're in Germany so you likely play in off-peak times, who you play with, what you run... And 100 other things..... I doubt the stupid useless creature companions have anything to do with lag at all. Lag or lag like that Turbine has control over has more to do with physics checks, crashing virtual server instances, and finally how the various player clients within a single party communicate. Oh and then how the game client thandles or DOESN'T handle memory....

  18. #18
    Hero Phoenix-daBard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Beaverton, Oregon
    Posts
    1,351

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jasparion View Post
    We had some fun in The Pit last night. First run 2 deaths at the acid jets when we thought we had run to the middle of the jets by the wheel when the acid wasnt spraying, only to have the server decide we were in the middle of the jet when it triggered. We left and reformed.

    Second time same thing but the soulstone ended up well out of range of the jet and behind a pillar. We decided just to press on.
    Sounds like the zombie physics from the future that MM was dropping hints about: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...21#post4376821

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload