Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Exclamation What can we expect after the ranger pass?

The title really says it all. Are there any plans or hopes to do a fighter, arti, druid, or fvs pass?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    If you disagree with me then you're doing it wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Id rather see a third PRE for druid, arty, and FvS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobgoblin View Post
    my name is inigo montoya. you killed my father prepare to die!
    14 pal 6 rogue. Mechanic funness.

Suggestions for fighter:

Male the crit stuff like it is in vanguard with myrmidons edge.
    Move strike with no thought to level 14 and add 5 melee power
    Make one cut a toggle and use greater vorpal. Give 10 melee power.
    25 melee power in capstone.
    Get rid of weapon meditation. Put deadly strike in it's place. Replace the now missing tier 5 with "on hit: add +1 to your weapon's enhancement bonus. Stacks 15 times."
    Make whatever the attack that uses wis mod to have wis or int.

Sorry. Minor hijacking.
    Nightmanis De'Corenai 20 Fighter. Human. Bastard Sword and Shield. Divine Crusader. Writeup when I get gear and learn to play.
    Sereine De'Corenai 15 Rogue 3 Monk 2 Fighter. Unarmed stun build. Useless with all undead around.

Guild of Won, Officer
    Fors Fortis, Officer

Hate to twist your mind, but God ain't on your side

Community Member

A good tree for a fighter should be a weapons master, which would allow the player to spend enhancements instead of feats for exotic weapons (three tiers three different weapons), and an app based improved critical on another chosen weapon type without having to take a feat for it etc...
    Main Characters: Korkoch the Cruel, Everwyrm...Thelanis

Community Member

After the ranger pass? Probably servers bogged down with people building all new OP Ranger/Whatever's and trivializing content, then jumping back on the forums complaining about game not being difficult enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemdog View Post
    The title really says it all. Are there any plans or hopes to do a fighter, arti, druid, or fvs pass?
    In various threads at various times they've essentially said everything will get it's pass. What they haven't done is provide a concrete schedule of which will be done when or in what order. At the rate of one class per update, do the math... it'll take a while to get to all of them...
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

As far as I can remember there was poll once what classes are most/least powerful in the players opinion. Can't remember what came after ranger, perhaps someone still has a bookmark?
    Clever & Smart Agent - Pure Drow Mechanic: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...arper-Mechanic
    The Dungeons and Dragons Webcomic THE ORDER OF THE STICK BY RICH BURLEW
    http://www.giantitp.com/comics/ootscast.html

Quote Originally Posted by Jiirix View Post
    As far as I can remember there was poll once what classes are most/least powerful in the players opinion. Can't remember what came after ranger, perhaps someone still has a bookmark?
    If Turbine is following the advice of a poll of random people taken several years ago to adjust their classes then my already low opinion of their intelligence just got even worse.

Does no one at Turbine actually play this game?
    "I'm not even sure anyone got infracted. Would have to look it up."

Quote Originally Posted by FifthTime View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiirix View Post
    If Turbine is following the advice of a poll of random people taken several years ago to adjust their classes then my already low opinion of their intelligence just got even worse.

Does no one at Turbine actually play this game?
    Some dude mentions a poll, with apparently no knowledge of what the class order of the poll results were, or if Turbine is even following it; and you're already ready to toss another log on the burn 'em pile. Meanwhile, someone else would probably be tossing another log on their pile if Turbine wasn't using the poll results to order the class passes...
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

Community Member Talon_Moonshadow's Avatar

A lot of nerf demanding from melee players I assume.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jandric View Post
    ..., but I honestly think the solution is to group with less whiny people.

Community Member

Default What can we expect?

Quote Originally Posted by Lemdog View Post
    Lots of threads complaining about how rangers are now OP.

The order can change, but the current thinking is that Fighter will be after Ranger. It's probably not otherwise a good idea to try putting them into a "promised" order.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The order can change, but the current thinking is that Fighter will be after Ranger. It's probably not otherwise a good idea to try putting them into a "promised" order.
    ....really? It strikes me odd that three pay-to-play classes ((fvs, druid, and artificer) one of which can only be obtained via TP) are left without three trees. Two of those three classes are very underplayed due to being completely overshadowed by most other classes and due to a severe lack of damage scaling into epics.

Ranger needs work, yes, we can all agree on that. Fighter needs one tree revamped, not all three (like the rogue, bard, paladin, and barbarian passes did) and it's probably given priority over three pay-to-play classes that really need to be redone and only have two trees? I remember some developer saying they wanted to add a fourth fighter tree, as well, a while back. If you're going to revamp a class with a single class tree being looked at, look at monk, which also happens to be pay-to-play, because the henshin mystic is by far the most horrific tree in DDO right now.

Again....really?

Quote Originally Posted by HastyPudding View Post
    ....really? It strikes me odd that three pay-to-play classes ((fvs, druid, and artificer) one of which can only be obtained via TP) are left without three trees. Two of those three classes are very underplayed due to being completely overshadowed by most other classes and due to a severe lack of damage scaling into epics.

Ranger needs work, yes, we can all agree on that. Fighter needs one tree revamped, not all three (like the rogue, bard, paladin, and barbarian passes did) and it's probably given priority over three pay-to-play classes that really need to be redone and only have two trees? I remember some developer saying they wanted to add a fourth fighter tree, as well, a while back. If you're going to revamp a class with a single class tree being looked at, look at monk, which also happens to be pay-to-play, because the henshin mystic is by far the most horrific tree in DDO right now.

Again....really?
    ^ This. Fighters are fine at the moment. Could they be better? Sure, but they're not horribly broken or un-useful at the moment.

But I'm assuming it's because Fighter would be the easiest one to do next, with just revamping existing Trees, instead of adding 1 new one while also tweaking the other 2 existing Trees. Seems like the typical development modus operandi for the past year or so. To make the changes that are easiest and have the least amount of work required, rather than tackle larger projects that are far more needed.

We have already stated that Favored Soul, Druid, and Artificer are classes we'd like to make some improvements to, so I was just referencing the request to place them into an order in which they will be accomplished.
    Join us on Twitch!

Community Member

What can we expect after the ranger pass? If history is an indication, lots of complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by HastyPudding View Post

Again....really?
    since attrition is what's killing the game, it would make sense to try and cater to new players, to make their experience better.
    if you worry about the p2p before the f2p, you'll end up with fewer and fewer old players, due to attrition, and less new players, because the p2p classes would be so much better than the f2p.

I'm fine with their decision to start with the f2p classes.

and yes, I do own monk/druid etc., and I agree with what you said about the monk class. I still think the right business move is to fix the f2p classes first.

We have already stated that Favored Soul, Druid, and Artificer are classes we'd like to make some improvements to, so I was just referencing the request to place them into an order in which they will be accomplished.

So nothing for arcane casters? Wow.

I'm not sure who you're getting your advice from on character power, but you need to start asking different people.
    "I'm not even sure anyone got infracted. Would have to look it up."

I'm not sure who you're getting your advice from on character power, but you need to start asking different people.
    IIRC the poll was done when everyone was running a monkcher or some form or shiradi MM spammer, and everything else underperformed.

But with all the changes, such as the introduction of melee power and prr/mrr, they might want to run that poll again, because casters are definitely not at the top any more, not even mm spammers in shiradi.

why cant you do the classes all at once? or at least more than one at a time?

We are aware of people's desire for us to look at builds like pure sorcerer, DC casting Wizard in Epic Elite, and probably a handful of other possibilities. It may not be an immediate priority, but that's not to say it will never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by jakeelala View Post
    why cant you do the classes all at once? or at least more than one at a time?
    It's a matter of allocating resources both to this along with other priorities, including quests, Epic Greensteel, Cannith Crafting, the upcoming level cap increase, etc.
    Join us on Twitch!

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast