Default Reality Check: PD/RP Group on Khyber

So I recently decided to try out PD, and thought I'd make a group. Obviously.
    Rules:
    If you die, and the party has no ressurection magic, you delete. Obviously. Also, no rez shrines.
    No twinking.
    No farming.
    No DDO Store.
    When you make your character for it, regardless of Vet Status, you must start at level 1, complete the tutorial, then only run quests beyond that with the group. If your character dies, then if the group level is at least four, you can use vet status level 4, same with seven.
    Did I miss anything?
    I plan for the time to be friday night, but that's subject to the wishes of the group.
    So join, and let's get Perma-deathing!

My own character is a human Paladin of the Silver Flame named Zemariin.
    Madness....YESZ! THIS! IS! XORIAT!

Have you thought about joining an established permadeath guild? There are various rule sets to choose from.
    M O R T A L V O Y A G E
    Permadeath Guild
    Stay Hard

Quote Originally Posted by parvo View Post
    Have you thought about joining an established permadeath guild? There are various rule sets to choose from.
    Nah, because this will be like a static group, only 6 people, and playing certain times etc

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by airavon View Post
    Nah, because this will be like a static group, only 6 people, and playing certain times etc
    6 people, no 5, no 4,3,2. Group now solo, plus another solo in the harbor and a small group in Korthos.

PD guilds can have static groups inside them. I guess it depends on if you want a "last man standing" vs. "see how far we can take the group" goal. Being able to find someone to group with when you try to catch up to the static group all but requires a PD guild (or seriously cheating by grouping with standard rules players).

Quote Originally Posted by yawumpus View Post
    6 people, no 5, no 4,3,2. Group now solo, plus another solo in the harbor and a small group in Korthos.

PD guilds can have static groups inside them. I guess it depends on if you want a "last man standing" vs. "see how far we can take the group" goal. Being able to find someone to group with when you try to catch up to the static group all but requires a PD guild (or seriously cheating by grouping with standard rules players).
    Then this is more of a static group than a PD guild. In fact, it was never a guild. This is a PD/Static RP group. If you don't like it don't join.

Community Member kafrielveddicus's Avatar

Congratulations on trying out Permadeath, hope your static group does great and has a ton of fun!!!

Best Wishes from The Narc, PD Halls of Valhalla(Ghallanda)!
    Guild: PD Halls of Valhalla on Ghallanda Level 63, Website: http://valhallans.proboards.com/
    Casualnarc Epic TR 2nd Life Level 9, Repentnarc 16, Gatlingnarc 15, Snipernarc 14, Banknarc 13, Airnarc 12, Braverynarc 11, Lednarc 11, Tempestnarc 11, Holynarc 9, Repeatnarc 6, Ebuttonnarc 6 <-ALL WITH ZERO DEATHS

Then this is more of a static group than a PD guild. In fact, it was never a guild. This is a PD/Static RP group. If you don't like it don't join.
    Characters are going to die. Even if you have very easy rules, someone will lose focus and do something stupid. In a guild, this is not catastrophic. In a static, it is demoralizing at best and usually crippling. Hence the suggestion of a guild. You might think of doing it as some form of PD-lite where there is a penalty for character death but not a restart.
    Last edited by parvo; 03-16-2012 at 01:12 PM.
    M O R T A L V O Y A G E
    Permadeath Guild
    Stay Hard

Community Member kafrielveddicus's Avatar

I suggest you do as you wish and enjoy your static group and not feel pressured to work under some guilds ruleset, when what your looking for is an environment where you can adjust the rules of the group as you see fit, it should be a great experience for you and may determine later on if you are looking for a permadeath guild and which guild ruleset you might be interested in, there is an official permadeath guild listing for many of the options at the point in time.

Have fun and enjoy the game pressure free!!!
    Guild: PD Halls of Valhalla on Ghallanda Level 63, Website: http://valhallans.proboards.com/
    Casualnarc Epic TR 2nd Life Level 9, Repentnarc 16, Gatlingnarc 15, Snipernarc 14, Banknarc 13, Airnarc 12, Braverynarc 11, Lednarc 11, Tempestnarc 11, Holynarc 9, Repeatnarc 6, Ebuttonnarc 6 <-ALL WITH ZERO DEATHS

If i may hazard a guess on the part of the OP's intent, i believe he is going more for RP than strict PD, he introduces his toon as a paladin of the silver flame, not as a defender/hotd/kotc, as some one who has tried RP statics in a PD guild I think this group is probably his best bet.

That said people dying after level 10 and having to reroll as a vet status at 7 is going to become an issue. You may want to have replacement toons waiting in the wings and just trust the members of the group to abide by the gear restrictions when leveling that toon.
    Member of The Sublime Permadeath Guild on Thelanis.
    www.thesublimeguild.com

Go Hard or Go Home!

Quote Originally Posted by Talltale-Storyteller View Post
    If i may hazard a guess on the part of the OP's intent, i believe he is going more for RP than strict PD, he introduces his toon as a paladin of the silver flame, not as a defender/hotd/kotc, as some one who has tried RP statics in a PD guild I think this group is probably his best bet.

That said people dying after level 10 and having to reroll as a vet status at 7 is going to become an issue. You may want to have replacement toons waiting in the wings and just trust the members of the group to abide by the gear restrictions when leveling that toon.
    The party should have ressurection magic by level 10, so that shouldn't be too much of a problem. I do think replacement toons should be ready though, just in case. Would be really annoying to lose a level 17 and have to start back 10 levels lower.