Default Myaccount.turbine.com Scheduled Downtime: Wed. March 14 from 7:00 AM-12:00 PM Eastern

The Turbine Account Maintenance site at http://myaccount.turbine.com will be brought down for maintenance on Wednesday, March 14 from 7:00 AM to 12:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT). Thanks for your patience, and we'll see you back in the game soon!
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

no scroll drop fix?
    If the pay-to-cheat raid timer bypass item goes live, I will not spend another cent on DDO as long as it is in the store and encourage others to do the same. Copy this into your sig if you agree.

Quote Originally Posted by paraplegic View Post
    no scroll drop fix?
    This is maintenance, not a patch. We'll be talking about the next patch soon! As the Major said here, we're still working on the issue where Epic scrolls are not appearing outside of Update 13 quests, so we are not yet ready to say whether it will be in the patch or not, but we're working to get it fixed as soon as we can.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Community Member

Fix the drop rate on the seal/shards in the new quests too...I've opened every chest in lords of dust and servants on epic about 20 times each. 150+ chests and I've gotten 1...single...seal, that's just insanely low drops imo. I'm sure I'm not the only one thats noticed either...

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    This is maintenance, not a patch. We'll be talking about the next patch soon! As the Major said here, we're still working on the issue where Epic scrolls are not appearing outside of Update 13 quests, so we are not yet ready to say whether it will be in the patch or not, but we're working to get it fixed as soon as we can.
    That's what I like about DDO/Turbine. The developers openly admit that they don't quite know what the broblem is yet, and don't try to sugarcoat it or anything. Thanks for the complete honesty turbine

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LelandHill View Post
    Fix the drop rate on the seal/shards in the new quests too...I've opened every chest in lords of dust and servants on epic about 20 times each. 150+ chests and I've gotten 1...single...seal, that's just insanely low drops imo. I'm sure I'm not the only one thats noticed either...
    Then you have worse luck than I do. I've done it much LESS than 20 times but I've already pulled 3 seals. (or 2 seals 1 shard). Now 2nd quest seems to drop them much easier than the 1st quest. I've not tried the 3rd yet on epic.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    Then you have worse luck than I do. I've done it much LESS than 20 times but I've already pulled 3 seals. (or 2 seals 1 shard). Now 2nd quest seems to drop them much easier than the 1st quest. I've not tried the 3rd yet on epic.
    Duo'd 20 plus runs of the first one, not a single seal/shard, but six or seven scrolls. Anyway, that's a small sample size, could be bad luck. But after around the 20th, having every scroll but nothing else, we just quit. We assumed it was bugged and wasn't worth the time.

I think, by the way, we have to assume bug before we assume anything else. So I would assume bug. It is Turbine. But we love you anyway Turbine!

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by countfitz View Post
    Duo'd 20 plus runs of the first one, not a single seal/shard, but six or seven scrolls. Anyway, that's a small sample size, could be bad luck. But after around the 20th, having every scroll but nothing else, we just quit. We assumed it was bugged and wasn't worth the time.

I think, by the way, we have to assume bug before we assume anything else. So I would assume bug. It is Turbine. But we love you anyway Turbine!
    just last night, 3 seals were pulled from part 1. Myself and a guildie. Seal for the... flame scepter, golden guile, and the silver slinger. 1 scroll.. the dwarven axe.
    My less than your sized sample says luck and not bugged to the point seals do not drop. If a bug exists such that the chests have a lower drop rate than intended... no clue.

anecdotal comment. I've done runs only as 6, 5, and 4 man. I've not seen drops on 6 man, just 4 and 5 player parties. 4 man had 2 hirelings (the cats) seals dropped.
    Last edited by Missing_Minds; 03-14-2012 at 03:09 PM.